another s/c question

southern exposure

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just curious as to how much hp and torque is lost when retarding timing to help with detonation. lets say going from w/m program to 9 degrees retard and no w/m. thanks

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iits hard to say what your tune was like before, but I would say anywhere from 15 to 40rwhp can be lost when you go from w/m to no w/m and their respective tuning.

You can tune the 5# pulley setup to get max power, but you have to work at it and be willing to tune, tune, tune, and then tune some more. See the threads by DamnYankee.

From the sound of it, your car was not running right before. And you may still have some issues even after you lose the w/m. You will probably actually pick up some lost HP as you get it running well again.

OP
OP
S

southern exposure

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. i'm meeting with sean roe this weekend to begin retuning my car. retarding my timing helped in eliminating the detonation issue. i quess now we need to gradually work our way back up to a little more timing and performance while looking at a/f ratios. my det. problem may actually be a w/m spray problem. will look into with sean. thanks again, mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine