Another stupid comment

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the auto parts store today in the Viper. As usual alot of customers were looking at it while I was shopping. One old redneck was still there when I left and went on and on about how beautiful the car was. So he gets in his truck and when he pulled by he rolled his window down and said:

I've got a MIATA at home but it looks nothing like this, just beautiful!

Now how the hell do you respond to that? I just thanked him again and turned around to the store manager who's my friend and he about fell to the ground laughing. Laughter is contagious and I just lost it. Funniest s**t I've ever been told.

Hope you all get a laugh.:lmao:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahha, more than likely he was just looking at it as a convertible. People do that, even if it is ugly as sin, they will go nuts over it. "OMG a convertible!! Astonishing!", "Thanks, it's a Town and Country."

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Never ceases to amaze me. I was eating at Chick-fil-a yesterday, sitting at booth minding my own business. Out of the blue a guy just sits down across from me. Says he knows I don't know him but he loves my Viper and wants to know if there is any chance he could drive it a bit. I laughed until I realized he was serious. I told him no. He seemed to get a little irritated and got up and walked away. It is the second time an absolute stranger has asked me to drive it.

Stupidity knows no bounds,.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get this stupid crap all the time too..Ive had people talk lowly about my viper and then how awesome their MR2 is..Imean..Isnt mine an 80k PLUS car and theirs is like 25K??????

Had one guy in a 40K supra going on and on about how much nicer his car was and his interior ect. I was sitting their thinking...HMMM..Dosent my car cost twice as much as yours??? Isnt my car 10 years newer with a push button start ect and v10 at 510 HP vs your 290 HP?????????????

For once I want a guy in a 100K porshe or 82K GTR or you know..Somthing equal to tell me how their car is the same or better...How about a guy in a FGT that puts me in my place..

NOPE..I get the 45K and under crowd who wants to try to prove somthing to me...You know..the guys who change out their seats and interior and add 300 HP to their engine via very expensive engine modification and then tell me how much better their car is than my stock Viper..

ONCE..I MEAN JUST ONCE..Let me roll up on a F430 and tell him how much better my car is even though he could have bought two of them..That makes perfect sense to me

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister, I about snorted from laughing too hard at what you said.

I haven't had a nice sports car in a few years now, but I used to get all the same riff raff. Regarding my mid-11 sec TA: "That sounds pretty quick, but I bet my VTEC would **** you on the top end." Wha...whaaaaat?!

Referring to my stockish C5 from a guy in a 4cyl Nissan: "Sounds like a motor boat."

I had some luck once. Had a guy come up on me on Rt9 at a light while I was out in the TA (exhaust closed...far more unassuming sounding). He had a C5 like my other car but with exhaust work. He gave the rev for the light and wanted to go. I kicked the plates open and launched off the light. He was hurting his car just trying to keep in sight. I loved it. =)

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I get this stupid crap all the time too..Ive had people talk lowly about my viper and then how awesome their MR2 is..Imean..Isnt mine an 80k PLUS car and theirs is like 25K??????

Had one guy in a 40K supra going on and on about how much nicer his car was and his interior ect. I was sitting their thinking...HMMM..Dosent my car cost twice as much as yours??? Isnt my car 10 years newer with a push button start ect and v10 at 510 HP vs your 290 HP?????????????

For once I want a guy in a 100K porshe or 82K GTR or you know..Somthing equal to tell me how their car is the same or better...How about a guy in a FGT that puts me in my place..

NOPE..I get the 45K and under crowd who wants to try to prove somthing to me...You know..the guys who change out their seats and interior and add 300 HP to their engine via very expensive engine modification and then tell me how much better their car is than my stock Viper..

ONCE..I MEAN JUST ONCE..Let me roll up on a F430 and tell him how much better my car is even though he could have bought two of them..That makes perfect sense to me

Yeah cause its all about how much your car cost brand new. :rolleyes:

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Twister, I about snorted from laughing too hard at what you said.

I haven't had a nice sports car in a few years now, but I used to get all the same riff raff. Regarding my mid-11 sec TA: "That sounds pretty quick, but I bet my VTEC would **** you on the top end." Wha...whaaaaat?!

Referring to my stockish C5 from a guy in a 4cyl Nissan: "Sounds like a motor boat."

I had some luck once. Had a guy come up on me on Rt9 at a light while I was out in the TA (exhaust closed...far more unassuming sounding). He had a C5 like my other car but with exhaust work. He gave the rev for the light and wanted to go. I kicked the plates open and launched off the light. He was hurting his car just trying to keep in sight. I loved it. =)

I had a kid in a Honda pull up to me once, full of kids, bass pumping, hats turned sideways etc, he looked over and said "wanna race?" I said "sure, go home and get your car!", all his buds were dying laughing, I just pulled away slowly......good times.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could he have possibly thought it was a Miata or just that it looked like a Miata? The comment still baffles me.

I've had alot of folks ask me what it was but nobody ever thought it was a Miata. Some people are really out there.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the "That thing got a HEMI?" question all the time (damn you Jon Reep for being incredibly funny).

My reply: "Nope, but I use a HEMI to start it."

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Somehow this seems like actually nothing more than a great comment about a great car. The fact that he has a sports car, regardless of the cost, was likely nothing more than someone thinking you were a kindred spirit who liked cool cars, and he was acknowledging that he had a Miata, but it was nothing when compared to yours. I get this type of comment all the time and I would not consider it a slight , but just a yearning from someone that maybe someday they might be able to get a Viper.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somehow this seems like actually nothing more than a great comment about a great car. The fact that he has a sports car, regardless of the cost, was likely nothing more than someone thinking you were a kindred spirit who liked cool cars, and he was acknowledging that he had a Miata, but it was nothing when compared to yours. I get this type of comment all the time and I would not consider it a slight , but just a yearning from someone that maybe someday they might be able to get a Viper.

+1, thats what I was thinking. He just wanted to let you know he had a Miata. I look at it as people drive what they can afford. When someone wants to let me know they have a Miata, Contour, or whatever, I just smile and say something like "thats cool". I had a kid at a gas station talking to me about his Neon SRT. I hate Neons more than taxes, but I sat there and listened to everything he wanted to tell me. He didn't know much about Vipers, but knew he liked them and just wanted to talk cars for a little bit.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no problem with car enthusiast praising the car..if they think it cost two hundred k or thirtyfive k really makes no differance..but come on we have all ran into those guys who have somthing to prove when they see your viper...when I had an rx7 or camaro or corvette I wouldnt dare go tell a viper owner how my car was superior in some way ect....but I defiently get this dumb crap....just a few days ago a mr2 owner seriously told me his choice was between a viper or his mr2 and he chose the mr2 because it handles better.....seriously..who cross shops a viper and mr2? Then I flipped out my phone and showed him my yellow srt and his jaw just about hit the floor when he found out he was talking to a viper owner

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought the same, why are you insulting a guy who loved your car. It's kinda like a guy pulling up in an Enzo and laughing at you because you own a Viper.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the same, why are you insulting a guy who loved your car. It's kinda like a guy pulling up in an Enzo and laughing at you because you own a Viper.

I'm not insulting the guy by calling him a redneck. I'm in TN and believe me this man was by all neans a redneck. That wasn't meant as a slight.

As far as his comment, I probably just misunderstood it as you have pointed out. It was just the way he said it made us laugh like crazy. I guess you had to be there to appreciate the humor.

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At least your not superficial.
You make ME hate Viper owners.

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a kid in a Honda pull up to me once, full of kids, bass pumping, hats turned sideways etc, he looked over and said "wanna race?" I said "sure, go home and get your car!", all his buds were dying laughing, I just pulled away slowly......good times.

Great answer.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least your not superficial.
You make ME hate Viper owners.

OK...So it's fine for someone in a 30Kcar that i barely even know to preach to me about how much better their car is than mine?????

Ill make the point again sense we are haveing a communication problem.

How stupid would it be for me to go up to a lambo owner and start picking out things on my viper that are better?????:dunno:

This is what Im getting at. We are driving the biggest Bal*s of any american car. The 8.x liter Vipers..people are gonna say and do some really stupid tings to prove a point..
3 days ago a 50 year old man on a motor cycle started reving at me on a very busy street filled with stop lights pedestrians ect. The guy purposely goes right beside me and gives a rev that makes me feel like I have a concussion as it echos through my car. The guy had no cats and no exhaust. Then as he's looking at my car he slams the brakes and skids all over the place as he realizes he almost rear ended the car in front of him..

I dont have to prove a point to a guy in a lambo ferrari or any other 150K and up car. Im very happy to have what I have. But a lot of guys I run into have somthing to prove withnthe viper

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i had a guy ask me if my Aston Martin Vantage was "that new Lexus that just came out". Not sure that fits on the "stupid comment" list, but it was definitely a first.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in my Ford GT40 at dinner with the wife and a bozo on a bike goes how much to rent that car? I look at him and go a dollar day and power off:drive:. Just don't let dumb people get you mad:)

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the Viper (and maybe other sports cars) brings out an emotional response in a lot of people. I have had drivers do crazy takes off or rev their engines to get your attention. I am never sure what they are thinking but I at least consider it acknowlegement that another car enthusiast is near them. The first week I had my viper and keep in mind I have only had mine 2 months now, some Corvettes wave at me. I just wave back. I just assume they are feel we are both car enthusiast that share that connection.

The Viper is cool car, but I do not want to try to measure who has the better vehicle. Just enjoy what you have and be nice to those who have something less or better than you. If they brag to you that their Civic is faster better cooler, let them ramble. It be no end if they really believe that.

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was in my Ford GT40 at dinner with the wife and a bozo on a bike goes how much to rent that car? I look at him and go a dollar day and power off:drive:. Just don't let dumb people get you mad:)

Do you really have a GT40 (old car) or do you mean the recent production vehicle Ford GT?

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have got alot of nice and stupid comments made about my car but one question allways sticks in my head, hey man nice car do those come with a back seat.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You know he was trying to say you couldn't own such an awesome machine so it had to be rented right Kenric? Can I take your GT or Gallardo for a spin plz? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK...So it's fine for someone in a 30Kcar that i barely even know to preach to me about how much better their car is than mine?????

Ill make the point again sense we are haveing a communication problem.

How stupid would it be for me to go up to a lambo owner and start picking out things on my viper that are better?????:dunno:

This is what Im getting at. We are driving the biggest Bal*s of any american car. The 8.x liter Vipers..people are gonna say and do some really stupid tings to prove a point..
3 days ago a 50 year old man on a motor cycle started reving at me on a very busy street filled with stop lights pedestrians ect. The guy purposely goes right beside me and gives a rev that makes me feel like I have a concussion as it echos through my car. The guy had no cats and no exhaust. Then as he's looking at my car he slams the brakes and skids all over the place as he realizes he almost rear ended the car in front of him..

I dont have to prove a point to a guy in a lambo ferrari or any other 150K and up car. Im very happy to have what I have. But a lot of guys I run into have somthing to prove withnthe viper

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang