Another Woodward pictorial

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were all psyched for a great '05 Woodward Dream Cruise on Saturday. The Motor City Viper Owners chapter of VCA had specially prepared shirts for the occasion.

6594PICT0196-med.JPG

Unfortunately, the day greeted us with RAIN!!

6594PICT0167-med.JPG

Club members beat a retreat into Bennigan's, while only the most stalwart cruisers rolled in the rain. For all you guys with garage queen Vipers, we even saw one of the Enzo's driving around in the rain!

6594PICT0166-med.JPG

But finally the skys began to clear and the cruising began.

6594PICT0183-med.JPG

We made it down to the Chrysler corporate display (almost an hour to go 9 miles) to see the new Coupe.

6594PICT0172-med.JPG

We saw some initial run coupes at the plant earlier in the week -- they're still shaking them down, but it won't be long now!

6594PICT0169-med.JPG

Here's the new engine that officially makes 505 hp now.

6594PICT0171-med.JPG

However, the spec plate hasn't caught up with the new horsepower rating yet!

6594PICT0170-med.JPG

There were other great things to see in the exhibit area. They were putting together and taking apart a new Dodge Charger every 16 minutes.

6594PICT0175-med.JPG

And here's a Charger SRT-8.

6594PICT0177-med.JPG

There were various duded up Dodge Magnums. . .

6594PICT0179-med.JPG

And some off road vehicles!

6594PICT0180-med.JPG

The famous Silver Bullet was on display -- here's a sign telling it's story.

6594PICT0178-med.JPG

For those of you who store your Vipers in the Winter, you'll appreciate this Hemi powered snow blower!!

6594PICT0174-med.JPG

And for those of you who always have sun, here's a Hemi powered grill (sorry for cutting off the top - got bumped when I took the shot).

6594PICT0176-med.JPG

There were plenty of other Conner Avenue Plant alumni parked close by the exhibit (49 in this shot).

6594PICT0181-med.JPG

Back out on the cruise, there were all sorts of interesting cars. Here's one of the 6-8 '06 Z06's that were running around.

6594PICT0186-med.JPG

Not a very good shot, but here's the new Audi Sport Coupe.

6594AudiCoupe1.jpg

And there were Lambo's and Enzo's scattered in . . .

6594lambo1.jpg

And Saleen S7's, and, of course, Ford GT's (we ran with 4 of them Wednesday night).

6594Fordgt1.jpg

Even Batman paid us a visit!

6594PICT0184-med.JPG

If you think you have a truck with torque, check out this baby with dual V8's!

6594PICT0187-med.JPG

Due to hard times, GM seems to be experimenting with a 4-door Vette model . . .

6594PICT0193-med.JPG

And not all vehicles had 4 wheels . . .

6594PICT0194-med.JPG

Or just 2 cylinders. This guy did 2 passenger wheelies all day long!

6594PICT0191-med.JPG

All in all it was another great mind-numbing Dream Cruise. There is no way to describe this event (check out Tim's and the other posts about Woodward on this site). The rain held the official count of hot rod, custom and exotic cars down to 60,000 this year (down from 70,000 last year!), but you still had a chance to see every vehicle you've ever seen in person or a magazine in your whole life.

We had 20 members of the Northern California VCA chapter visit us this year. They were here for four days and kinda put it in perspective when one member said he was suffering from "hyperactive stimulation overload"! (By the way California guys, we still have some of the special MCVO event t-shirts available if you want a momento of your visit -- just PM me and I can hook you up).

When it was all said and done, we had a tremendous amount of fun and a great spirit of Viper brotherhood and sisterhood. :2tu:

6594PICT0162-med.JPG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. However, it's too bad the entire VIPER NATION of brothers and sisters was not represented on your official Michigan VCA shirts as I see no GENI, GENII, or a SNEAKY PETE! I thought we were all in the same club...guess not! :p

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a Gen II on the front as the official MCVO emblem is a Gen II, with both sneaky pete and fangs.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Saw one parked. There were probably more but you have to look closely at a Carrera to not mistake it for a "normal" Porsche.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually the car you called Audi's new sport coupe was a car from Europe made by the company Stola and called the Monotipo and was shown at the Geneva motor show within the last few years and is NOT a production car.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Vette is just butt ugly! I am no fan of the SRT10 but the new coupe is sure making the wheels turn in my head. Got any more pics? I may have to take a drive next year and see what all of the fuss is about.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Saw one parked. There were probably more but you have to look closely at a Carrera to not mistake it for a "normal" Porsche.

Are you sure we are talking about the same car? You don't have to look to close to tell the GT from a regular Porsche. Ar 450K a pop, I don't think too many were sitting around... :)

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon --

Ron and I saw the Carrera on the same cruise. There were at least two on Saturday, one had a red interior.

Micheal --

Thanks for the correction on the Orange Coupe. We never could get up next to it and just saw an Audi badge on it below the rear window.

Devil Dog --

Please chill, man, Ron's completely right about including the other generations and Sneaky Pete. The front of the shirt contains the MCVO logo (see below) -- since our club contains many members of the original Viper Factory Team, I doubt if you will ever see us slight the earlier cars.

6594mcvologo.jpg

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Niceee - thanks! But the new coupe isn't exciting me as much. If I were to go throught the whole Viper phase one again, but with the new coupe, I must admit that I would not have fallen in love with the Viper.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure we are talking about the same car? You don't have to look to close to tell the GT from a regular Porsche. Ar 450K a pop, I don't think too many were sitting around... :)

It all depends on your angle. From the side or rear I agree with you. But if you are scanning traffic coming towards you the front silhouette is not that different. Plus the color doesn't help much.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Jon --

Ron and I saw the Carrera on the same cruise. There were at least two on Saturday, one had a red interior.

Micheal --

Thanks for the correction on the Orange Coupe. We never could get up next to it and just saw an Audi badge on it below the rear window.

Devil Dog --

Please chill, man, Ron's completely right about including the other generations and Sneaky Pete. The front of the shirt contains the MCVO logo (see below) -- since our club contains many members of the original Viper Factory Team, I doubt if you will ever see us slight the earlier cars.

6594mcvologo.jpg

Hisserman,
Sorry, I obviously did not know. Glad to see it! If you have any left over please put me on the list. Thanks!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We made it down to the Chrysler corporate display (almost an hour to go 9 miles) to see the new Coupe.

6594PICT0172-med.JPG

We saw some initial run coupes at the plant earlier in the week -- they're still shaking them down, but it won't be long now!

6594PICT0169-med.JPG

Here's the new engine that officially makes 505 hp now.

6594PICT0171-med.JPG

great pics. i love the ones with the coupe. BTW it is now rated at 510 HP not just 505. great pics :2tu:

pedro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great pictures
Question is next year show around the same time?if you have any shirts left ill take one.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like DC is finialy showing a coupe that is lowered. From what I remember, all other photos I've seen of it (non photo chopped) have LOTS of space in the wheel wells. That red one looks like it should. The new rear end rocks! Much more exciting than the vert at the rear.

Jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang