Anyone replace the Fog lights with Driving Lights?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John B at Parts Rack put in some real yellow fog lights so you might check with him on what housing he used. Me - I yanked the fogs and pitched them because I thought they were useless. Even with HID.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone done this? If so was it a major task?
I did it on my old Gen I - it had one difficult part, of getting the lights behind the facia without pulling the facia off. I did it more as a proof of concept, so I used some cheap $15/ea 5.5" (?) round driving lights I got out of J.C.Witless. I made an "L" bracket from some stock aluminum for the base of the new light, and bolted the upright of the "L" to the inside of the front wall of the fender well. Used the stock fog light wiring, and just found the wire coming from the steering column (for the high-beam fog light disable) and routed it to some other circuit - not sure which one I connected it to now (its been 6 years since I did it).

One thing about mounting (pinpoint beam) driving lights that low - they exaggerate every surface irregularity like you wouldn't beleive - have you avoiding pebbles on the road. :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness