Autoform Lemanz Wing

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it is just me, but for those of you that have/ have had a Autoform Lemans wing, can you hear the air going over the wing at 50+ MPH?? Kinda sounds like wind wooshing over an airplane wing?? Is that something else in the car that I am hearing??:dunno:

This is the wing I am reffering to:

DSC_02711.JPG

DSC_0272.JPG

Thanks!

Robert

Last edited:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check your tires! You have that wing set at wayyyyy too much of an angle, you are probably hearing your tires rubbing on the wheel wells from too much downforce

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being as that's mainly for show ;) I aggree it looks like its set at too much of an angle, You need to level it off a bit :)

ps: LOOKS BLOODY GOOD THOUGH :headbang: :D

pps: Its 'Le Mans':D

:uk:

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-R - Funny!;) No, wheels are OK. Checked that.

Fatboy - Oh crap. So I cant spell. What else is new!;)

So the general consensus is I need to level it off. No proplem. I had to have an aggressive angle as I was runnin on the track. Just have not leveled it off sonce then.:rolleyes:

Now what about that wind?:D

Robert

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 50 mph and above the rice grains actually break loose from the surface of the wing creating the noise you reference.

Good news is, that when following a Honda at slow speed in traffic the transfer goes the opposite direction and the wing rebuilds itself.

Cool huh?

206 more.

:D

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats good Dave!;)

That is a accurate description of sound too!;)

So, I guess I am challenging you as the most rice around here eh?:rolleyes:

Robert

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-R - Do you think the sound is just from the amount of rake on the wing?? Do you hear anything on yours?

I do not 100% know it is the wing. The wing was on the car when I got it, but so has this wooshing sound and I have always wondered. Might just need to remove the wing for a few trips next year to hear if the sound is still there.

I would go out and test the theory, but with 1.5 feet of snow and salt outside.....:rolleyes:

Thanks!

BTW, nice looking car (well, cars:D)!Kinda cool to see my wing in silver.:D

Robert

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a stupid question for you, Do you ear it with the window open as well as closed?

I have noticed on my 2000GTS that the window does not always seal to the rubber surround when I close the door, and I get wind noise. I find that if I lower the window a half inch and then raise it again after the I close the door that then I get no wind noise. The edge of the glass is so square that teh rubber does not like to slide around it. You can check this with your car in the garage, just open and close the door , if it looks like the window is sitting on top of the seal vs within it, that is your problem.

Wher ein Ontario are you, I used to live in Hamilton, then moved to Edmonton and then to California, so I kKNOW SNOW!

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am north of Toronto by about 60 miles. I like where you ended up. Might get there yet too!;)

As for the window, I had tried that. I seem to be hearing it over my right shoulder in the back somewhere. hence the reason I thought it was the wing. But again, this being my first Viper, not sure if that sound is normal....

My original thought was maybe the diff had a wooshing, maybe the fluid??

Robert

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And I'd guess that if you have too much angle on the wing it should make air noise?

Aerocynamically the airflow over the roof is at a downward angle so if the wing is flat that means that the leading edge is actually tipped down into the airstream.

Sorry if I'm just pointing out what you already knew

Ted

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I'd guess that if you have too much angle on the wing it should make air noise?

Aerocynamically the airflow over the roof is at a downward angle so if the wing is flat that means that the leading edge is actually tipped down into the airstream.

Sorry if I'm just pointing out what you already knew

Ted

OK. So this makes sense. I figgured it was the wing, just was not sure if I would hear that up front and over the sound of the motor and exhaust. Guess it does!

Thanks all!

Robert

Sigmund

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ORECA carbon wing. No wind wooshing from this wing. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not have any sound from my wing, it is probably something else making the noise. I f it is coming from over his right shoulder it is probably a hatch seal or some simple problem