Barrett-Jackson -- 1996 GTS just sold

DylanGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
for $60.5k

Had less than 800 miles on the car. Not a bad price considering the economy.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this tidbit..... do you know the last 4 of VIN? I think this was a low vin, with Lutz/Shelby etc doodads and 100% original

R

RTED

1994 RT/10 custom (painted orange), 3-piece top, newer wheels, spoiler, 43,000 miles sold for $35,000 on Barret Jackson the other day.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it seem that a lot of cars were "well bought" in the last couple of days? Prices seem depressed, or is it just me?

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it seem that a lot of cars were "well bought" in the last couple of days? Prices seem depressed, or is it just me?

The cars this year are confusing me. Stuff I think will go low, sells high and vice versa. Prices overall seem lower than previous years.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it does seem like they have been going low, of course bad market these days. I am sure eventually it will rebound. Until then it is a buyers market for those that have the $$$.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't judge the price from BJ. Vipers don't tend to sell well @ BJ, just dosn't have the viper following yet.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett Jackson makes me puke. Mostly old fat white guys with little dix and more money than brains. Can't stand to watch it. GTS Bruce

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are begging for bids this year. Craig Jackson yelling out that this car is way under the money. Its call the current Market CJ. Wake up and smell the coffee. It is getting old.

Rev

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett Jackson makes me puke. Mostly old fat white guys with little dix and more money than brains. Can't stand to watch it. GTS Bruce

+1

I'm with you, watching it makes my blood pressure go nuts. The thing is I am hopelessly drawn to it.:rolleyes:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember that the seller only got about $50,000 of that amount.

:nono: BJ takes 10% so he walked with 54 minus shipping. Still does not negate the fact that somebody was willing to pay 60 in this economy. Not to mention like somebody else mentioned Vipers tend to go cheap on BJ for some reason.

I could not believe the 04 C5 Z06 with 35,000 miles that went for 28k.

I think they summed it up by saying some cars like the old vettes sold very well but most stuff was down a little but not as much as they were expecting with the economy the way it is. They said the car hobby is still alive and doing well. :dunno: It is obvious that "they" are doing well at 10% of every car that went across the block except for a few charity cars.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think prices were generaly down.

There was a '69 Hemi Road Runner on Friday night that sold for around $63,000 plus fees that would have been $100 K a year or two ago. Plus a Hemi E body ((Cuda I think) that went for somewhere around 120K on Saturday. I think that car would have been $500 k a couple years ago.

harley56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:nono: BJ takes 10% so he walked with 54 minus shipping. Still does not negate the fact that somebody was willing to pay 60 in this economy. Not to mention like somebody else mentioned Vipers tend to go cheap on BJ for some reason.

Price of $60.5K was with buyer's 10% premium. Car sold for $55K. Seller received $55k less sellers fees - I believe 8% - so ended up with $50.6K. Seller paid all the money, buyer did fair, the winner, as usual, Barrett Jackson.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:nono: BJ takes 10% so he walked with 54 minus shipping.
Price of $60.5K was with buyer's 10% premium. Car sold for $55K. Seller received $55k less sellers fees - I believe 8% - so ended up with $50.6K. Seller paid all the money, buyer did fair, the winner, as usual, Barrett Jackson.

Yes, basically what harley56 said. Subtract the 10% buyer fee and the 8% seller fee, and then include the registration fee that the seller pays upfront that is based on when the car is to be auctioned. The time that the car is displayed affects the fee; so, I figured that the Friday time probably got the net amount down to about $50K or less. Didn't even think about the transportation costs to get it here !!

Barrett-Jackson is certainly the one that gets the best deal on these sales ! The buyer does get a painless way to buy a car if time is way more important to him than money.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte