Black or Anthracite Centers? Opinions Wanted!

Venum S 1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I already have a set of polished Forgelines on my car but I am ready for a change. I am going to buy either anthracite/gunmetal center or black center. My car is steel grey with silver stripes and I am probably going to go Forgeline SP3S in 19's. Does anyone out there have a steel grey car with black centers? I have researched this all day today but cannot find any steel greys with black just the gunmetal. Opinions and pictures if anyone has any are greatly appreciated. Thanks

OP
OP
V

Venum S 1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will let you know about my current rims after I find out how long it will take to get my new ones. I saw somewhere that it took 5-7 weeks to get rims from them. So I will keep you posted. I found a picture of anthracite on my car over at the photos on the alley. They look sweet!

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased a set of 19" Forgeline rims that you are interested in. Mine have the gunmetal grey centers. Here are some pics.

You must be registered for see images

The Great One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased a set of 19" Forgeline rims that you are interested in. Mine have the gunmetal grey centers. Here are some pics.

Um....where is the rest of your Viper? :omg:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I have a photoshop call provided we throw in a picture of your car with the right composition and lighting :rambo:
It's no gen 2 GTS and the brake caliper locations are off because I just let them rest against the original rims, but here is a set of anthracite center Kinesis rims on a scale 1:18 SRT-10 (just bought the set of rims yesterday at my local hobby store and they are VERY detailed).
If only a company like AutoArt would produce a good resembling gen 1/1.5/2 :( And yes I know they are only 5 lug, that's why they are going on an other model.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Venum S 1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I finally got my rims ordered, the SP3P's in 19x11, 19x13 with the high gloss black centers. Forgeline and myself agreed that the steel grey, silver stripes, and the gunmetal wheels just would not work. Steel grey is a lot of different colors depending on light or no light. The gunmetal wheel was very close to the color but made it look like I tried to color match the wheels and failed. There was just nothing to break up all of the shades of grey. Black, yellow, red, blue those colors all look good with the gunmetal but mine just does not look right. If they come and I truly do not like them I will just send them back and have the centers done again. 4 weeks and I will have them and get some pictures posted. I could not find anyone with black rims on a steel grey car so I will be the test dummy-I guess.

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got my rims ordered, the SP3P's in 19x11, 19x13 with the high gloss black centers. Forgeline and myself agreed that the steel grey, silver stripes, and the then the gunmetal wheels just would not work. Steel grey is a lot of different colors depending on light or no light. The gunmetal wheel was very close to the color but made it look like I tried to color match the wheels and failed. There was just nothing to break up all of the shades of grey. Black, yellow, red, blue those colors all look good with the gunmetal but mine just does not look right. If they come and I truly do not like them I will just send them back and have the centers done again. 4 weeks and I will have them and get some pictures posted. I could not find anyone with black rims on a steel grey car so I will be the test dummy-I guess.

Yesssss....BLACK forgeline...can't wait to see pics of them, bet you will LOVE 'em. ~juli

The Great One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got my rims ordered, the SP3P's in 19x11, 19x13 with the high gloss black centers. Forgeline and myself agreed that the steel grey, silver stripes, and the gunmetal wheels just would not work.

I still say Anthracite all the way!

OP
OP
V

Venum S 1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That car is graphite grey so the wheels almost match. If I could post a picture on here I would show you what steel grey looks like in the sun. It is a blueish grey color.

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is graphite grey so the wheels almost match. If I could post a picture on here I would show you what steel grey looks like in the sun. It is a blueish grey color.

I have Steel Grey as well and completely understand your dilemma. You were correct in the earlier post that if you went anthracite on the rims (which perfectly match 'other' grays) it would appear that you merely missed the mark with Steel Gray. Like wearing black socks with your navy suit; just doesn't quite get it. (Even though while it was early and you were bleary eyed, they looked perfect!)

Personally - since I can't justify new rims - I'm going to paint my polished rims to Argent (Ferrari wheel color)yet toyed with the graphite and came to the same conclusion you did. All a very personal call, and opinions are like gear ratios... everyone has 6 of them!

Have fun and keep us posted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang