Boosting GEN I… HOW?

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I am sick and tired of taking the wheel off to change the battery every time the car sits for a couple of weeks. I live in a high-rise condominium and park the car in underground garage, so charging battery while the car sits is out of the question. I have a portable booster battery pack that I usually use to start the car. If the car is not driven for a week or so, the alarm drains the charge. The problem is that the booster doesn't always do the job. Half the time if the car battery is too low to turn the motor but still has some charge the booster pack doesn’t help and still won't turn the motor. Is there a special way to boost a 94 Viper? I am using the + post on the front driver side. That is where all the positive wires tend to come together and are being held by a large nut. And I am using a ground bolt located below the + box. Is there another location where the boost can be connected to with more success? I have used this booster on a dozen of other cars and never had an issue even with completely dead car battery in place. My booster is 700A. Please help me before I have to take the wheel off and do the monthly dance.

E_tar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem is that there is a drain on your battery somewhere and till you locate the bad ground/drain, you'll be at its mercy..

Here is your solution: Costs just $10 if you can handle that.

Get a battery disconnect switch installed. It is cheap, it works.
I have one on my vette, my porsche and my F100. I haven't installed it on my viper, since there is no battery loss/drain on that car.
For the others, I connect it when I want to drive the cars and disconnect when I park them after drives. Cars start up every time...

It also doubles as an anti-theft device.. LOL.

RTIO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just use a hot key under the hood . Yes and he
Is right you have a power drain. My 94 can sit for 4or5 months
And start first kick every time . Or see if you have
A deed cell in your battery.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members