Bottom Line No Buyer For The Viper

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well its May 6, 2009 and no one has bought the Viper line. I really thought that by now
we would hear at least who the most interested parties might be, BUT THAT IS TOP
SECRET. Now I am really concerned that it might be over which IMHO is a very sad
day. I hope I am wrong and that the viper continues. What worries me the most is
the SILENCE, that alone is never good. If anyone has some reel info as to what might
be happening please post and let us all know. THIS WAITING REALLY *****!!!!!!!!!!

WANTED

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Not to worry, they even have new Top Secret options that only 2 people knew about:cool:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, we will bust their chops on the new option, as they were going to get us pictures "early this week." Call up your friendly Dodge dealer if you can't wait - the other two guys did. In the meantime we are on it!

As for the SILENCE, that is very, very typical during a merger and/or acquisition. Previously referred to as a "Quiet Period", this is often observed by companies to avoid any premature inflation/deflation in stock. As I am not a broker I am not sure how much it is still used, but having been part of these mergers and acquisitions as an employee it is pretty typical to find out after all signatures are dry and they are doing the press releases. In other words, don't sweat it.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember the BK Judge has to bless it...and with unprecedented gov't influence it might backfire (for potential suitors to wait for now) since there are now unknowns in the equation that were not present prior to BK filing. For instance, there might be restrictive covenants put on divestiture that require unexpected costs such as shouldering pensions for 115 workers that might have been handled otherwise if done outside of a courtroom....

Hoping for the best

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, we will bust their chops on the new option, as they were going to get us pictures "early this week." Call up your friendly Dodge dealer if you can't wait - the other two guys did. In the meantime we are on it!

As for the SILENCE, that is very, very typical during a merger and/or acquisition. Previously referred to as a "Quiet Period", this is often observed by companies to avoid any premature inflation/deflation in stock. As I am not a broker I am not sure how much it is still used, but having been part of these mergers and acquisitions as an employee it is pretty typical to find out after all signatures are dry and they are doing the press releases. In other words, don't sweat it.

Chris I am banking on you being right.:2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are other cars out there, dont sweat it....

and chris is right, they aint gonna tell anyone right now if it is indeed gonna happen

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect we'll get more details as the bankruptcy proceedings continue and Chrysler has to file specifics on what's going to happen to their assets. I think there's a May 20 deadline to file what's in/out. But to reiterate the reason for the silence, here's an except from an article yesterday:

Chrysler spokesperson Todd Goyer told Inside Line, "As previously indicated, Chrysler LLC is evaluating strategic alternatives for the Viper business including the potential sale of the Viper nameplate, Conner Avenue Assembly Plant, and/or associated tooling and resources. During this process Chrysler has been approached by a number of parties interested in purchasing the business. Chrysler continues to evaluate these proposals in an effort to maximize the value of the Viper business. No timeline has been established in connection with this process, and Chrysler will not comment on the nature of ongoing discussions or negotiations or confirm the identity of any of the interested parties."

Dodge Viper May Be Discarded in Chrysler Bankruptcy - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't give up on a purchaser. Things are still moving forward (trust me). Hopefully we can have an announcement in the next few weeks. Everything is quiet because no one wants to ***** the deal.:2tu:

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are waiting for my check to clear. I used ink that fades after 30 days on the last set of 5 zeros. Same thing I got away with on my new '09 during the test run of the ink.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They probaby don't have an offer yet. As long as they're in bankruptcy potential buyers have everything to gain to wait it out and let the value continue to decline. At some point, one of the suitors will decide that the price is too good to wait any longer and risk being outbid by somebody else. As long as the potential buyers believe the price is free falling, they won't make a move.

I've seen in some cases where companies were trying to divest certain assets to stay afloat and as soon as bankruptcy was mentioned, all bids were rescinded. Then the vultures circled hoping to buy the assets in a total liquidation sale. It's definitely a case of brinkmanship.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard the Viper line has already been sold. but just not announced yet... Dodge will have the Viper for 2010 model, then new owner will get it in 2011 ...

But thats just what i heard.. not 100% sure...

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best news may be that we will finally know..one way or another in a few weeks. The wink winks, and stories heard from an aunts friend from the office who has a son that works in...are all getting old.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see it happening. I have never seen it happening. Obama will make it too hard for American performance cars to be profitable going forward. We shall all soon be driving "The Peoples Car."

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We shall all soon be driving "The Peoples Car."

They've been chipping away since 1973. I wish the auto manufacturers around the world would come up with a plan that could override government regulations and allow manufacturers to at least be able to build a few cars for real true blue car enthusiasts.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One fact that many do not consider is that Connor has a full second assembly line that could be used to produce another limited production Vehicle alongside the Viper.

Previously used to produce Prowlers, it could be used by a company such as Fisker to build their electric vehicle, by Shelby to make Cobras, by GEM for electric vehicles, by Rousch...etc.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They've been chipping away since 1973. I wish the auto manufacturers around the world would come up with a plan that could override government regulations and allow manufacturers to at least be able to build a few cars for real true blue car enthusiasts.

You mean like the Viper, the Ford GT40, and (dare I say it?) the Corvette?

Bob