bought a 2003

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it's official..I am now a Viper owner again...

As of 10am today I am the proud new owner of a 2003 vert..I also have a 1991 nsx...2008 ram...2004 quest...2005 jeep and a 2001 navigator...

Unfortunetly I cant afford them all and will be selling the nsx...car was a knightmare from start to finish and the two Vipers I had prior were always good to me as far as reliability..Thats why I got another one...

Car has...roller rockers/no cats/kn filter/titanium exhaust...Ill dyno within a week or so.....

Im very happy...Thought Id never get another one any time soon..

Ill post some pics...but the tires on the car are NOT mine..Ill be getting the stock rims/tires back...Owner wants 3K for the rims/tires in the pics and thats a lil too much $$$ for me right now....

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well get rid of that enthusiast label and upgrade to VCA Member. Or at least Viper Owner.

Congratulations

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. It is not just you who had problems with the NSX. I remember some hapless local fellow that could never get his car right.

Got to change that title to "Viper Owner" now.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: bought a 2003 (pics)

trying some pics.....

Info on car..

-30K miles
-warranty till 2011

-KN filters
-roller rockers from Arrow
-custom titanium exhaust (20 pounds)
-no cats

-auto form roll bar
-2008 hood
-back up camera/Screen
-Eibach lowering springs ( do these help or hurt handling?)

-custom yellow with pearl
-rear difusser area painted black

I may be buying the rims/tires on the car in the pics...But also may go back to stockers..Not sure yet..they look nice and are being sold at a great price but I beleave the 19 inch stockers will give me better performance than these 20's...

Last edited:

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a nice setup. I would stick with the rims (HREs?) in the pics. While the ride may be stiffer because of loss of sidewall, they should be better because they are so much LIGHTER than the stockers. Plus they look WAY better IMHO. The Eibachs should help your handling if the alignment is correct.

Last edited:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the stock rims still have the runflats, I would splurge and buy the rims on the car or change to PS2's on the stockers if you are concerned about ride quality. Congrats.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually Im more of a drag raceing guy than anything...And a 3.07 rear gear coupled with a 19 inch rim is already bad enough...Throw these 20 inchers into the mix and my rear gear is probaly a 2.93 equivalent...

The rims look bling and all but I suppose just a Viper alone is bling enough?????

Might get them but the timing is just off with xmas here

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the car back today..

I had the following done

-stock rims painted black

-changed the rear tires

-repainted the front bumper and hood