Calling AGENTF1 out!!!!

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any word on getting this viper?

This agent guy/gal has been here over 5 years and has asked every question in the book at least twice. He/she is not a buyer! He/she is just one of those "internet people" with nothing else to do.
Nobody gets on a vehicle specific forum with true ownership interest and 5+ years and almost 900 posts later is "still looking for the right car".
Since he/she has been on here, DC has changed generations of this car and is getting to introduce the next level again!

Just ignore him/her.

BTW, agentf1 - cars depreciate, stripes can go on/off of any car, GTS's have non-removeable tops, you can put a clear bra on any car and modifications don't usually add too much value. Now please don't ask any more questions on this forum that can be answered by these answers listed above!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OKViper's posts make me wonder how long is it going to be until we can click on someones Avatar and see it! :D

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This agent guy/gal has been here over 5 years and has asked every question in the book at least twice. He/she is not a buyer! He/she is just one of those "internet people" with nothing else to do.
Nobody gets on a vehicle specific forum with true ownership interest and 5+ years and almost 900 posts later is "still looking for the right car".
Since he/she has been on here, DC has changed generations of this car and is getting to introduce the next level again!

Just ignore him/her.

BTW, agentf1 - cars depreciate, stripes can go on/off of any car, GTS's have non-removeable tops, you can put a clear bra on any car and modifications don't usually add too much value. Now please don't ask any more questions on this forum that can be answered by these answers listed above!

Ouch, I talked to him the other day for a while and he sounds pretty serious to me. Not everybody is going to run out and buy right away. I’m sure I tire kicked for a while before I actually bought one. I think he is just looking for a good deal on the right car. Some of the brokers may have the right cars, but the good deal part is sort of subjective.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch, I talked to him the other day for a while and he sounds pretty serious to me. Not everybody is going to run out and buy right away. I’m sure I tire kicked for a while before I actually bought one. I think he is just looking for a good deal on the right car. Some of the brokers may have the right cars, but the good deal part is sort of subjective.

Five years? :omg: That's serious tire kicking.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really do not need to explain myself to you OKViper but FYI I have been on the fence about buying for the past 5 years and just got serious in my search just a few months ago. The viper I am looking for has pretty low numbers (86 for sapphire and 60 for Graphite and 126 for Steel Gray) so it may take a little while to find the right one. Not sure why you care so much. :confused: :dunno:

Not to mention, a lot revolves around finances. I ended up buying the Z06 the first time I was looking for one and have now decided it is time to add the Viper next to the Z06.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AgentF1 's a good guy...and being particular...so what?

AgentF1....wait and buy exactly the Viper you want. Condition, color, etc.

I agree that stripes make a GTS. I would only want a factory painted stripe Viper. To do stripes correctly costs alot of bucks and much of the car needs to be re-cleared.

I come from old school Mopars and originality is the king. Maybe in a Viper it doesn't matter as much...but to me...I'd rather have the MSRP sticker equipment match the car.

At least for me, when getting a car...it has to be exactly what I want or I will never be happy.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AgentF1 's a good guy...and being particular...so what?

AgentF1....wait and buy exactly the Viper you want. Condition, color, etc.

I agree that stripes make a GTS. I would only want a factory painted stripe Viper. To do stripes correctly costs alot of bucks and much of the car needs to be re-cleared.

I come from old school Mopars and originality is the king. Maybe in a Viper it doesn't matter as much...but to me...I'd rather have the MSRP sticker equipment match the car.

At least for me, when getting a car...it has to be exactly what I want or I will never be happy.

Thanks Matt. Could not have said it better myself. I have agonized over the stripe issue and really want one from the factory. I don't think vinyl will make me happy. Maybe it from being around vettes so much but if it isn't on the window sticker it shouldn't be on the Viper. A lot of people that know a lot more about Vipers than me also seem to concur.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to keep up..... So are you keeping the Vette or selling it?

PRIVATE MESSAGE from "agent1" 4/29/2007 2:02PM
"Unfortunately I just lost the deal I had with a buyer on my vette to which kinda screws me up a little, not financially but I do need the spot in my garage. I hate to pay for storage for it until I sell it. I told the wife as soon as the spot in the garage was open I was going to take a ride to BJ's with cash in hand and see if we could strike a deal. We are real close."

....have now decided it is time to add the Viper next to the Z06.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agent, take your time and make sure its the car you want. No reason to drop that kind of jack on a car you kinda sorta wanted but would prefer another one with this option, that option, etc. Get the car YOU want and dont settle for anything else :)

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agent1 located a perfect match for his search criteria a few months ago. And passed because it had too many owners... figure that one out for me.. We are talking about a 4600 mile car that BJ motors had, that literally looked new..

Agent, I think everyone here is willing to help you out... But when someone finds a car like I described above, and you PASS on it... You turn off the very people who are trying to help you out...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to keep up..... So are you keeping the Vette or selling it?

PRIVATE MESSAGE from "agent1" 4/29/2007 2:02PM
"Unfortunately I just lost the deal I had with a buyer on my vette to which kinda screws me up a little, not financially but I do need the spot in my garage. I hate to pay for storage for it until I sell it. I told the wife as soon as the spot in the garage was open I was going to take a ride to BJ's with cash in hand and see if we could strike a deal. We are real close."

Sometimes it gets hard to keep the stories straight. :rolleyes:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...but if it isn't on the window sticker it shouldn't be on the Viper.

Ok, so lets say you find the PERFECT Viper and (hold your breath for this one) it has an aftermarket exhaust, tinted windows and even an MGW shift knob! What are you going to do, turn it down because those items ARENT on the factory sticker and DID NOT come from the factory?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can;t speak for Agent on your thoughts Austin...but a Viper would not be "perfect" to me with aftermarket tinted glass.

To each their own...the bolt on stuff is fine...even the exhaust as long as the factory stuff is there with the car.

I got my 2000 new, and changed to the Snake Oyl rear assembly, modded the airbox, changed to a Detert short throw piece and changed to an earlier Viper leather knob. All the factory stuff is in my attic.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so lets say you find the PERFECT Viper and (hold your breath for this one) it has an aftermarket exhaust, tinted windows and even an MGW shift knob! What are you going to do, turn it down because those items ARENT on the factory sticker and DID NOT come from the factory?
I am not into tinted glass so if it wasn't the type that could be removed that would be a show stopper. As for Corsa's, they would be a plus since I will probably add them and they can be easily reversed. I would hope the guy stil has the original parts. I will probably also put gears in it down the road but if I do it would keep the original 3.07's so they could be put back if I ever wanted. Will probably do the MGW knob myself too, that is an easy one to return to stock.

Things that are not easy to return to stock, Number 1, PAINT WORK. I have been told even adding stripes is looked at as paint work no different that being hit and repainting a fender. It is not original and easily tracked by window sticker etc... Why, do you know where a nice Graphite or Sapphire w/stripes car is with tinted windows and a MGW knob? :lmao: Please do tell...

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agent1 located a perfect match for his search criteria a few months ago. And passed because it had too many owners... figure that one out for me.. We are talking about a 4600 mile car that BJ motors had, that literally looked new..

Agent, I think everyone here is willing to help you out... But when someone finds a car like I described above, and you PASS on it... You turn off the very people who are trying to help you out...

Sorry, that viper showed 7 owners on the carfax which was a big turnoff to me. I appreciate you pointing me in that direction but I would prefer one with a few less owners and stories. Not into Vipers with stories. Had it been a 3 owner car that has not sat in a dealer for a quite a long time it would be in my garage as we speak.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things that are not easy to return to stock, Number 1, PAINT WORK. I have been told even adding stripes is looked at as paint work no different that being hit and repainting a fender.

Whaaaaaattttttttt??????????
You are saying that having stripes professionally painted on a Viper is looked at by (WHO?) as being the same as a repaint after a collision? Man, you are seriously misinformed. No offense, but that is really a stupid statement. Who the (EDIT) told you that? This is getting more silly by the moment.

EDIT: NO F WORD PLEASE REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY U'S YOU PUT IN IT.
Lee

Last edited by a moderator:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whaaaaaattttttttt??????????
You are saying that having stripes professionally painted on a Viper is looked at by (WHO?) as being the same as a repaint after a collision? Man, you are seriously misinformed. No offense, but that is really a stupid statement. Who the fuuck told you that?
This is getting more silly by the moment.
I hate to name names but Bill Pemberton. Basically he said any type of paint work is paint work. I agree, if it is not on the window sticker it is not original. He seems like a pretty knowledgable guy to me. Also one of the few I would order a car from sight unseen. And he had a car I was looking for minus the stripes at the time, so it would have been pretty easy for him to say whatever and paint stripes on the car and sell it to me.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to name names but Bill Pemberton. Basically he said any type of paint work is paint work. I agree, if it is not on the window sticker it is not original. He seems like a pretty knowledgable guy to me. Also one of the few I would order a car from sight unseen. And he had a car I was looking for minus the stripes at the time, so it would have been pretty easy for him to say whatever and paint stripes on the car and sell it to me.

Yeah, real easy. Stripes are like 5K or more to have put on. They add to the value. Like you would have done that.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, real easy. Stripes are like 5K or more to have put on. They add to the value. Like you would have done that.
Yes, they are not cheap to do correctly. Why would I want to add 5g to the price of a car that is probably already pretty high and actually take away from its originality. Don't think it is going to add to the value. :dunno:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries, it says all original parts included. It's the right color, has stripes, 10K miles, original parts with the mods you wanted, and cheap price.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are wasting your time by trying to help this person out. He is obviously not going to buy a Viper, at least in my lifetime. There are HUNDREDS of cars out there for him to choose from but comes up with an excuse why not to buy every time. It took me a grand total of 1 MONTH to find my 5900 mile steel gray with factory silver stripe Viper and I jumped on it! Cody comes on and puts a link to the car you have supposedly been wanting and you are worried about the side sills! Go away................PLEASE!!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is sending me some more detailed pics of any damage on the car, apparently there is like 4 stone chips. He is putting a dime next to them to get an idea of how big or little they are and checking to see which/if all the original parts come with it. It is priced right. :2tu:

Anybody familiar with that dealer or in that area that could check it out?

Why would somebody replace the side sills with fiberglass ones? Dealer said weight saving. Is it that big of a difference or a very popular mod?

Silver_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heck, that one looks good enough and matches up with mine well enough - I think I'll go look at it as a possible "winter" Viper.......

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are wasting your time by trying to help this person out. He is obviously not going to buy a Viper, at least in my lifetime. There are HUNDREDS of cars out there for him to choose from but comes up with an excuse why not to buy every time. It took me a grand total of 1 MONTH to find my 5900 mile steel gray with factory silver stripe Viper and I jumped on it! Cody comes on and puts a link to the car you have supposedly been wanting and you are worried about the side sills! Go away................PLEASE!!
Glad you found one so quick. Either you got lucky or are not as picky as me. I have only been looking for a few months so I am still in the infancy of my search. Rather take my time and get the right one, preferably a ****** than jump on the first one I see that has 7 owners or tons of mods and been tracked just to please you. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21