Can a Lambo or Ferrari Touch me with my Mods?

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just wondering from you guy's who may have ran against them. I've never had the chance to find out.. I've never even seen one in my town. If not what will give me a run for my money. I took my 19 year old nefhew for a fast ride yesterday & his reaction was and I Quote: Hey Unc if I had this car I don't think I would even need a Girlfriend. :headbang:
Quite the compliment!

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with almost any Ferrari. You would however have a problem with a super-ferrari (F40,F50,Enzo).

If the driver of a 91+ Lambo knew what he was doing, you wouldn't really be able to beat it. Here is a test Car and Driver did 14 years ago, when the all new 91 Lamborghini Diablo came out.

You must be registered for see images

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran a new Gallardo and pulled him good with my good
with my stock GTS.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really do have all the mods mentioned you should probably learn how to spell the names correctly. If you do have them you should be around 430 to 440 RWHP w/o the supercharger. But even stock you would give all of the "normal" Ferraris trouble.

RED 2001 RT/10 RED 2001 RT/10 - We got it the first time!
BELAGER HEADERS - They are Belanger
CORSA EXHAUST WITH HIGH FLOW CATS - all okay
AUTOFOAM REAR SPOILER - It is Autoform
NEW SPRINGS LOWERED 1 INCH - Whose springs lower it 1 inch?
3.55 RING & PINION GEARS - all okay
K&N FILTERS & SMOOTH TUBES - all okay
GONE FOR SUPERCHARGER - Hope you mean "going for"

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree on the Super Ferrari statement.
Be really careful with Lambos. They have an incredible top speed, but miss some of our torque.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say get jesel j2k 1.7 rockers and a vec 2 and you could spank just about anything shy of a $800,000.00 car.

Reaction score
In the case of Viper VS any other Super Car the driver is the key element. I know a stock 96 Viper was faster than a F50 at Laguna Seca. This was several years back. The Viper was driven by Rich Bontempi. Do not know who was in the F50.

Go to any Viper Days and look at the lap times. Compare different classes and notice the overlap between classes and net range of lap times.

OP
OP
H

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really do have all the mods mentioned you should probably learn how to spell the names correctly. If you do have them you should be around 430 to 440 RWHP w/o the supercharger. But even stock you would give all of the "normal" Ferraris trouble.

Sarry, i Rite Fasd Sumtims.
PS, Blown Me!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sarry, i Rite Fasd Sumtims.
PS, Blown Me!
Lmfao!!! :D

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, if you really are for real, here is my insite, being both a lambo and Fcar owner. With the above mentioned mods, you should dust pretty much any Ferrari, barring an F40,F50 or Enzo. My 355 Spider is modded and still cant beat a stock Z06.

As for Lambos, given equal drivers, any 91+ Lambo will win, except for maybe the Gallardo. The sad fact is, that most of the owners of these cars, have no idea how to drive them, and youd most likely beat them also.

As for pulling a Gallardo good with a bone stock Gts, equal drivers, it will not happen. Unless the Gallardo is one of the cars that hasnt been properly prepped by a dealer, causing the drive-by wire system to not engage full throttle. This has been a common problem. Otherwise, the Gallardo is capable of 1/4's in the 11.7-12.2 range at 118-120mph range.

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen stock Vipers run in that same 11.7-12.2 range.
Early this year at Bradenton V-10 nationals, several of them.

So ANY 91+ Lambo will win.........???

Win what? a drag race, a road race? a slalom?

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If his car dynos anywhere near 600rwhp, no lambo or ferrari will touch it. I have around 600 rwhp and my car traps 133 in the 1/4.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If his car dynos anywhere near 600rwhp, no lambo or ferrari will touch it. I have around 600 rwhp and my car traps 133 in the 1/4.

Yes, you are correct, but his car doesnt dyno anywhere near 600rwhp, more like 430-450rwhp.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen stock Vipers run in that same 11.7-12.2 range.
Early this year at Bradenton V-10 nationals, several of them.

So ANY 91+ Lambo will win.........???

Win what? a drag race, a road race? a slalom?

What you must consider, is that you are comparing personal vehicles with very experienced drivers running those times, most on drag radials, to magazine times, from inexperienced drivers. No doubt, a Viper owner will drag race his car much more than a Lambo owner will. If magazines are capapble of getting high 11's out of these cars, with little or no experience behind the wheel, no doubt they can be bettered with experience also. Most magazines place GTS's in the 12.2-12.4 range, experienced drivers are bettering those times by 1/2 a second.

My friend, in a bone stock Diablo Sv, at Bradenton track btw, went from turning 13.30's to a best of 11.60@123 mph (believe it was 11.59 or 11.56 to be exact) in a bone stock car.

Also, i did state, except maybe a Gallardo in my original post. They are slower than a Diablo.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan,

I think that you missed the part of his mods description where is says that he has a Paxton supercharger, so most likely he is putting down between 550 and 600RWHP. Easily enough to match the enzo in acceleration, let alone most any stock Lamborghini.

Of course the great equalizer here is traction.

Most road tests of the 1991 Diablo put it about the same as the C5 Corvette, or Gen I Vipers with 0-60 in the mid 4s, and the 1/4 mile in the low 13s.

The lighter, newer and more powerful models of the Diablo like the SV and VT 6.0 were different, and quicker.
The Gallardo has tested about the same as the Porsche GT3 and stock GenII Viper with 60mph up in around 4 seconds, and the 1/4 mile right over 12 seconds.

With these powerful cars, the weakest link is usually the driver, and the available traction. That's what would largely determine the faster car from a standing start.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Allen,

Looking at all the magazines I don't show any Gallardo near that speed. I think a Viper will easily dispatch a Gallardo. Yes, the late Diablo's are plenty fast. However, I think based on his mods he should be able to take that too. F50's and Enzo's should be his only fear. However, all we are talking about a modded car vs a stock car.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Anybody see the latest Motor Trend? They show the Ford GT in the 1/4 mile, as 11.2 @ 131.2. Might dip into the 10s with a pulley and a chip?

Ok, I know its off topic, but its fun to race mag numbers, isn't it? :)

(7 posts to go!)

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most road tests of the 1991 Diablo put it about the same as the C5 Corvette, or Gen I Vipers with 0-60 in the mid 4s, and the 1/4 mile in the low 13s.

That is entirely correct. However, most races are from a roll (not a standstill) so the trap speed is more important than E.T. 91 Diablos have trapped between 116-125 mph, and the 207 mph top speed shows how hard they keep pulling. If you run from a stoplight, there are way too many factors at play, launch, driver skill, etc.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont know what model of ferrari they were, but I pulled two of them pretty easily in my near stock GTS.

I know they weren't a F50 or Enzo though. THAT much I know.

with his kinda HP, ......NO problem im sure.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, yes i missed the Supercharger. Withthat in mind, he should easily dismiss any fcar or Lambo. I just read through the beginning part of his mods, thinking a supercharger would be first mentioned.

As far as the Gallardo, it is slower than the Diablos, although i do have roadtests as fast as 11.70. Their mph is slower than that of the Diablos.

As far as the Diablos running 13's, no thats not right. I was at Moroso in the early 90's when Car and Driver tested a bone stock 91 against an F40. The Diablo turned a 12.4@ 119. I have many articles showing low 12's. Problem with these cars, especially early tests is that they did not have factory demo cars, so magazines usually used privately owned cars, and most likely babied them.

But as stated, Mph is whats important in a street race, and most regardless of ET were clocked in the 120's, as high as 125. Also, dont let early Diablos fool you, properly tuned cars are among the fastest Diablos available.

As far as an F50, they are not very fast, they were a dissapointment even to die hard Ferrari fans.

As for the Ford Gt, that car is no joke!

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardviper,

The first mod (or un-mod) I would suggest is removing that wing on your car. There is no functional need for it...belongs more on a souped up Civic.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardviper,

The first mod (or un-mod) I would suggest is removing that wing on your car. There is no functional need for it...belongs more on a souped up Civic.

AGREED!!!

OP
OP
H

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone, My Dyno came out at 685@Crank.
PS I like the Daytona Wing she stays............for now. and It is adjustable & functional.

Thanks Again Guys.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as an F50, they are not very fast, they were a dissapointment even to die hard Ferrari fans.
As confusion sets in my mind....... :confused:

What i mean by not very fast is that, it was not faster than the model it replaced, the f40, it is not faster straightline than a Diablo. Only on a racetrack could it outpace the Diablo, due to its lighter weight. Several magazines reported better acceleration, stopping, slalom and skidpad numbers for the Diablo than the F50.

So for me, the dissapointment lies in the fact that a used F50 runs approx 750,000, im not a fan of the style (F40 is much cooler if you want an Fcar), a Diablo is far more exotic looking inmo, and even though the F50 is rarer, they are both rare enough that it hardly makes a difference. Ultimately i look at the fact i could purchase an F40, Diablo and Murcielago for the price of one F50.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[quoteWhat i mean by not very fast is that, it was not faster than the model it replaced, the f40, it is not faster straightline than a Diablo. Only on a racetrack could it outpace the Diablo, due to its lighter weight. Several magazines reported better acceleration, stopping, slalom and skidpad numbers for the Diablo than the F50.

So for me, the dissapointment lies in the fact that a used F50 runs approx 750,000, im not a fan of the style (F40 is much cooler if you want an Fcar), a Diablo is far more exotic looking inmo, and even though the F50 is rarer, they are both rare enough that it hardly makes a difference. Ultimately i look at the fact i could purchase an F40, Diablo and Murcielago for the price of one F50.

[/QUOTE]

Allan,

I mean zero offense, but obviously you are quite biased toward the Lambo. That's totally cool bc it's an awesome car. However, I did get to witness several yrs ago a bone stock F50 run very low 11's at some gawd awful mph. Close to 132 I seem to recall although I really can't remember. Englishtown. Of course it took us all damn day to convince the owner to run it! Basically telling him it was a pig etc to any Porsche... The car sounded great and to ME it is the best looking car out there. I also bought diner since he could drive as well. Although, I like the new Murcielago as well.
I can't wait for you to get a viper to hear your comparisons between the cars.

RD

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob, no offense taken. Everyone has different tastes. as for being lambo biased, to a degree, i am. But, i love the F40, have driven it, and have driven an F50. The only way an F50 will run 132 in the 1/4 is if it were thrown from a cliff. In a straightline, an f40 is quicker. F50's run very high 11's to low 12's in the low 120 range. Ive got video of a modded F50, with headers, exhaust, cat-bypass running mid 11's at 124mph. I do agree that the F50 sounds great, but the style does nothing for me. The Ferrari community was very dissapointed with the F50. Taking away the money aspect, taking away other cars, and if i had to keep the car forever, id rather have an F40.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way an F50 will run 132 in the 1/4 is if it were thrown from a cliff.

OK, that made me laugh out loud! :laugh:

It's both true that the F40 is quicker, and the F50 runs high 11s, low 12s at around 120MPH stock (a little quicker than a stock Viper).
The problem with the F50 (from the owners that I've spoken to) is that it has relatively little torque until way up on the rev band, so like many highly tuned engines, it falls on it's face unless you drive it like you stole it.(unlike the quicker F40 with it's twin turbos). But apparently the light weight, high revving engine, and balanced chassis of the F50 make it a good circuit track racecar.

Personally I prefer the 288 GTO to both the F40 and F50. It's not nearly as quick as either of them, but I have always found it a gorgeous design.

I haven't seen any early Diablos run that fast, but you are closer to that Lambo world and know more owners (I've only seen a couple Diablos on the road, and none at the track), so I'll take your word for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32