Car is super bouncry with Eibachs

Juice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Installed a set of Eibachs about a month ago. Looks good, but the ride has suffered quite a bit. It's no surprise that ride quality has worsened, just surprised that it got as bad as it did.

Anybody else have the same experience?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not with a Viper, but the car in my sig has stock shocks with H&R springs and I can definately relate to the super bouncyness coupled with the tendency to let the nose "dive" into corners.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The stock shocks cannot control the rebound with the stiffer aftermarket spring. It would of been better if you changed the shocks to.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the non adjustable stock shocks as vipeuup said, they'll need to be replaced if the spring rate changed. Lowering the car doesn't necessarily require a change in the spring rate, but typical lowering spring kits are stiffer and you can end up with quicker rebound (lifting the car) and slower compression.. Even with adjustable shocks, the internal valves / shims need to be changed if a spring rate change exceeeds 30% (in an originally designed match set of springs and shocks).

Did Eibach indicate what the spring rate number is?

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I adjusted my GEN 1 Konis, per Chuck Tator and bouncing is history.
Stiff, yes, but very little bouncing.

I dont know how the SRT shocks are, but atleast old Konis have (minimal) adjustment possible (stiffness).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine