Caravan to VOI 11

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. But not yet. I guess they're still finishing things up.

It looks like the price will be about $700usd - excellent price considering everything they're doing.

Greg

ouch .excellent if we lived there.lol.gonna be one expensive trip good thing i only take vacations once every eight years.

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will be leaving on the 29th early as it should be a 13 t0 14 hour drive, Should make it easy the same day.:D:D

Been thinking about this over the past few days... am I the only one that is thinking it might be nice to break that drive up a bit???? My "navigator" isn't going to assist with the driving. Maybe I'm just overthinking this but truthfully, I've only been in my ACRs seat for 6-7 hours in a stretch; no issues but this will be double that.
Just throwing it out there.....:dunno:

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
navigator doesnt want or is not abl;e to drive the car?My wife has had the car up to the same speed as most of these guys drive so its no problem for her to drive.

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been thinking about this over the past few days... am I the only one that is thinking it might be nice to break that drive up a bit???? My "navigator" isn't going to assist with the driving. Maybe I'm just overthinking this but truthfully, I've only been in my ACRs seat for 6-7 hours in a stretch; no issues but this will be double that.

When I bought my car in Toronto my dad and I drove it back 15 hours per day. Normally he can only sit in a car for a few hours but found it so comfortable he could sit there all day with no problems. That being said I don't care if we take one day or two.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
drove the car back from winniper about fifteen hour drive and besides the leaky top it was a good ride even with the bad back.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah.....and let the motorhome catch up!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when is the motor home leaving?what day?

I was thinking of staying behind the cars (probably wayyy behind :rolaugh:) in case there was an incident requiring tools or a lift. If someone requires a lift they will have to drive the motorhome and I will drive my car to make room for the one needing a lift.:D:D :drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Bought my 98 GTS in Pekin, Illinois, but drove from Ohare/Chicago to Ringgold, Georgia in a KIA! I didn't enjoy that stretch of driving (2 days in a KIA, yuck). But, wife and I bought the GTS in Pekin in February and got chased by a Blizzard/12" snow across most of the states. Wife is a "backseat driver" and can't drive at night so we had 'short days of 14hrs or so. I bought my 01 GTS on Ohio and enjoyed the drive from Ohio to the Okanagan in 2 days. 21 hours driving at a stretch. When we drove cross-continent from west coast to Detroit and back the Wash VCA felt 10 hrs driving was a good amount of seat time and we made 600 miles a day. That was pretty relaxed with an hour lunch break at midday. Everyone enjoyed the trip.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking of staying behind the cars (probably wayyy behind :rolaugh:) in case there was an incident requiring tools or a lift. If someone requires a lift they will have to drive the motorhome and I will drive my car to make room for the one needing a lift.:D:D :drive:

That's an excellent plan Ron. Joe Christopherson did that during our VOI X trip. He left the Motels earlier than we did and arrived usually an hour after us in the evenings. He said that he really wished someone would have had a small problem so that he could have driven his GTS instead of towing it for awhile.

Generous people like you guys is what makes the club so great!

Ted

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For years I've been driving through Salt Lake City every September (and almost every May)on the way to Moab. I take my Hummer down there for a Hummer club event that's fantastic. This picture was taken right near Cardston on Sept. 10th (ish) in 2006 (I think). I know for sure that it was just before mid September and I'm pretty sure that it was 2006. Whatever the year this picture was taken, we should be prepared for winter conditions. It might happen!

This particular storm caused power outages all through the Crowsnest Pass.

Greg

Attachments

• HPIM0502A.JPG
    HPIM0502A.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 10

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For years I've been driving through Salt Lake City every September (and almost every May)on the way to Moab. I take my Hummer down there for a Hummer club event that's fantastic. This picture was taken right near Cardston on Sept. 10th (ish) in 2006 (I think). I know for sure that it was just before mid September and I'm pretty sure that it was 2006. Whatever the year this picture was taken, we should be prepared for winter conditions. It might happen!

This particular storm caused power outages all through the Crowsnest Pass.

Greg

Better to go down through Sweetgrass? Storms start earlier in the high country, and better roads on freeway.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweetgrass is the best route. We were touring around a bit on the way down when we went through Cardston.

We've been to Yellowstone enroute a few times and Yellowstone is fantastic. It really is exceptional. I recommend it for those that have some extra time.

Greg

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Then everyone should buy 20' of soft nylon 3/8" rope to use as tire chains in case it does snow. I'm not sure if rope is 'legal' in the "Must carry chains or have good winter tires" desination, but rope chains will work in snow as our hp summer tires will NOT work. The runcraps are the worst (hopefully no one has any of those on their cars) and the PS1 aren't too much better. The PS2s are the best, but they still **** in the cold.

Nylon rope tied around the tires and rims (won't work with Big Brakes?) will provide a huge traction improvement voer tires alone.

Ted

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so has there been an event cost figured out yet.This price will help us decide if we are going to VOII or just doing the drive with you guys and having our own vacation in the same area as the rest of you just not the fun stuff.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so has there been an event cost figured out yet.This price will help us decide if we are going to VOII or just doing the drive with you guys and having our own vacation in the same area as the rest of you just not the fun stuff.
We are working diligently on keeping the costs down and giving you an exact price very soon. We have most of the major event costs locked in (track, hotel, instructors, etc.), but still wait for buses, entertainment, and on site support staff costs as some of the more major factors in determining the registration fee. While we can't commit to an exact price, we are VERY confident it will be under $700 each and likely to be under $600 - making it the least expensive VOI in the past decade - maybe ever. We will offer VCA member discounts, early registration discounts, and possibly Venom member discounts.

We know there are more people on tight budgets than ever before so you can rest assured that we are going to treat this VOI accordingly. Stay tuned!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome!!!
We are working diligently on keeping the costs down and giving you an exact price very soon. We have most of the major event costs locked in (track, hotel, instructors, etc.), but still wait for buses, entertainment, and on site support staff costs as some of the more major factors in determining the registration fee. While we can't commit to an exact price, we are VERY confident it will be under $700 each and likely to be under $600 - making it the least expensive VOI in the past decade - maybe ever. We will offer VCA member discounts, early registration discounts, and possibly Venom member discounts.

We know there are more people on tight budgets than ever before so you can rest assured that we are going to treat this VOI accordingly. Stay tuned!

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds good so far.another question for the great VOI minds.If someone is interested greatly in the event but price is still high can they opt out of like track events and thing like such?or is it a must for paying for all events type thingy?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sounds good so far.another question for the great VOI minds.If someone is interested greatly in the event but price is still high can they opt out of like track events and thing like such?or is it a must for paying for all events type thingy?

Probably not what you're wanting to hear Crompton, but last VOI we paid about $800 and that barely covered our Grand Prix tickets and buffets in the VIP area. The other Tours, track experiences, AutoX, museum entry, Banquets, meetings, etc. etc. wer paid for by Chrysler. The way I understood it was that we paid $800 and we got about $1800 worth of events etc.

And that doesn't include the cool Viper suitcases, Go cups, Thermoses, etc. etc. I suggest doing what I did and put it onto your credit card if at all possible.

Ted

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just booked my room in Grand America . Wife won't be able to come gonna be a month or so away from having our second little one . So looks like I'll be bringing my brother . Either way will be great time can't wait :2tu::headbang:

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAMIT DAMIT DAMIT !!!!! I have been watching the thread and would SOOOO love to go to this event. I told my wife about it when I first heard the dates and was all excited. When I told her the dates she frowned and told me that is the same damn weekend my niece is getting married. I have spent the last 2 months hoping the wedding would get called off...LOL. but so far its on. I would normaly bail on the wedding but all of my wife's family from South Africa are flying in and I'm pretty sure I would be in the doghouse for a long time if I left. This sounds like the trip of a life time. I gotta figure out a way to break these 2 up... No wedding = No Inlaws and better yet = ROAD TRIP !!!!!!... :drive::drive::drive::drive::headbang::headbang:

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have spent the last 2 months hoping the wedding would get called off...LOL.

ROFLMFAO That made me laugh .. Hope you can make both happen .. Will definetly be a weekend I will never forget :2tu::headbang:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Convince them to get married in SLC! Make sure their wedding isn't one of the days during the VOI stuff and you'll have it made. Take a couple of VCA Cdns to the reception with you and the party will be improved all around. Get some Viper buddie, deliver the groom to the church in a Black Viper then get the bride delivered to the Church in a White Viper. Couldn't get too much better than that? Maybe a RAM SRT10 (hire Kevin?) to deliver all the ushers and bridesmaids.

Eh? what do yah think?

Ted

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAMIT DAMIT DAMIT !!!!! I have been watching the thread and would SOOOO love to go to this event. I told my wife about it when I first heard the dates and was all excited. When I told her the dates she frowned and told me that is the same damn weekend my niece is getting married. I have spent the last 2 months hoping the wedding would get called off...LOL. but so far its on. I would normaly bail on the wedding but all of my wife's family from South Africa are flying in and I'm pretty sure I would be in the doghouse for a long time if I left. This sounds like the trip of a life time. I gotta figure out a way to break these 2 up... No wedding = No Inlaws and better yet = ROAD TRIP !!!!!!... :drive::drive::drive::drive::headbang::headbang:

I see Yellowin your future?:2tu: Am I the only one to pick up on this?:D Hey, MOPAR BOY, do we have a new recruit?:dunno:

Red (slow) to Yellow (fast):lmao::lmao:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Speaking of Yellow with Black, where's Sean Westerman? He must have some Yellow comments ...

Ted

OP
OP
S

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rizzo, You can always attend her next Wedding. ( If you are Still alive):D:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten