Cat back exhaust... Which one?

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Corsa seems like the big name. Any other good ones out there for my 2008? And what can I expect to pay and who do I get it from? Thanks Doc

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look up under roeracing...or contact Sean Roe. We had Corsa Track cat-back exhaust on our 2005.
LOVED it...juli

OP
OP
D

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyplace that has a corsa sound byte out there to listen to?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole exhaust preference is very subjective.. i had a corsa on a 03 viper and 06 srt8 jeep and will never go back to corsa again....decent sound but just too much headache provoking drone on long trips.. my kids flat out refused to ride in the srt8 jeep...ON THE OTHER HAND the belanger headers with magnaflow exhaust on an 08 is my cup of tea.. awesome crusing, wot, and great on decel , great on long trips as well...just my .02 ...

When i first got the belangers i thought i would just remove the magnaflow crap and replace it with a more reputable exhaust, but since install the sound is great.. So much so that i had my muffler shop install a magnaflow on my srt8 challenger, again with great results and parts/install less than $400

Tips look great on the magnaflow as well whereas on the corsa they got it all wrong..the corsa tips they actually polished the inside which all that does is collect black exhaust dust

v2.JPG

Last edited:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doc - thinking about a Corsa too. As Wallbanger said, exhaust note is always subjective to taste, the definition of "loud", and the depth of your pockets. ;)

Anyone put ROE high flows on their 08/09 along with the Corsa? Mr. Tator suggested that combo to me but I have yet to hear it on an 08/09 car.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told the corsa acts as straight pipes under full throttle by Bernie (BJ motors).

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doc - thinking about a Corsa too. As Wallbanger said, exhaust note is always subjective to taste, the definition of "loud", and the depth of your pockets. ;)
Anyone put ROE high flows on their 08/09 along with the Corsa? Mr. Tator suggested that combo to me but I have yet to hear it on an 08/09 car.

No, not on our '08 (staying stock this time!)...but we added the Roe hi-flo cats to our Corsa Track Exhaust on the '05...:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu: ~juli

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have also been waiting to hear an 08 with the Corsa with the high flow cats. AB installed a Corsa with the secondary cats removed and posted a sound clip but it is tough to tell how it really sounds.

Anyone have the chance to hear the Corsa only compared to the Corsa/high flow or Corsa/with no secondary cat in person? I'd like a more aggressive/louder sound than with the Corsa only. Thanks

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I guess I am going to just jump into the deep end of the pool right off the bat. I also wanted to hear the Corsa / high flow cat combo in person before proceeding but didn't get the opportunity.....so my 08 Coupe is being dropped off at the "Wizard's" shop this weekend to have the Corsa track exhaust and Roe high flow cats installed. Anyone in the area of Chuck's shop is welcome to stop by and hear it in person.

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
.....so my 08 Coupe is being dropped off at the "Wizard's" shop this weekend to have the Corsa track exhaust and Roe high flow cats installed. Anyone in the area of Chuck's shop is welcome to stop by and hear it in person.

Great. Unfortunately I am not close enough to stop by. Please let us know what you think of the sound. Did Chuck say the high flow cats would sound better and increase HP? Did you consider removing the secondary cat and keeping the primary with the Corsa? Thanks

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess I am going to just jump into the deep end of the pool right off the bat. I also wanted to hear the Corsa / high flow cat combo in person before proceeding but didn't get the opportunity.....so my 08 Coupe is being dropped off at the "Wizard's" shop this weekend to have the Corsa track exhaust and Roe high flow cats installed. Anyone in the area of Chuck's shop is welcome to stop by and hear it in person.

mjf - So, how did it turn out? Do you like the Roe / Corsa combo on your 08? :eater:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fit and finish of corsa is like complete majic,unbelievable quality.those people have great pride in their product.

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey sorry for the delay in getting back here but something called "work" (and its a four letter word too) got in the way. My Viper is at Chuck's for the week (his shop is about 75 miles from me), I dropped it off last Sunday (4/5) and should pick it up this weekend. So have to wait till then on the sound description. Chuck said that the Viper will run way cooler, especially the sills. Also that there should be a small bump in power in the range of 15-20 with the high flows and Corsa. Chuck has done a number of Corsa+Roe installs and apparently likes and recommends this setup. Chuck also was of the opinion that the Corsa+high flows was not as loud as the Belanger / Magnaflow system.

I didn't want to try just deleting the secondary cats and leaving only the primary cat. As far as I have been told, the secondary cat is the better flowing cat of the two but it is usually the one taken off since it is easier to do. Plus I wanted to keep the stock parts unmolested in case I need to change back to stock configuration for whatever reason. Bluesrt has it right about the Corsa, very well made, you easily see and feel the quality when you pick up the exhaust and take a look. I actually have to say the same about the Roe cats too. (my comment is NOT made to weigh in on the Roe v. Random debate)(Hey maybe Random should change its name to Wade?). I originally wanted to have Chuck also put in the Mopar Race controller but $$$$ became a little short when this great economy hit making me lose my raise, bonus and 401k match. The plan now is to do the Mopar ecm in the fall. I will report back when I pick it up.

Last edited:

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chuck has done a number of Corsa+Roe installs and apparently likes and recommends this setup. Chuck also was of the opinion that the Corsa+high flows was not as loud as the Belanger / Magnaflow system.

Interesting. Dan at DC Performance posted - "If you use it with high flow cats then the car (in my opinion) is too loud. For a comparison, the Bellanger headers and side exhaust with high flow cats makes less noise than a Corsa with high flow cats..."

I'm eager to see what you think of the Corsa and high flows. I have the Corsa and now I need to decide if I remove the secondary or go high flow on the 2008. Decisions, decisions..... Thanks

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. Dan at DC Performance posted - "If you use it with high flow cats then the car (in my opinion) is too loud. For a comparison, the Bellanger headers and side exhaust with high flow cats makes less noise than a Corsa with high flow cats..."

I'm eager to see what you think of the Corsa and high flows. I have the Corsa and now I need to decide if I remove the secondary or go high flow on the 2008. Decisions, decisions..... Thanks

Heard the Roe / Corsa combo is louder on the 03-06 cars than on the 08/09s. Was Dan comparing the Gen III or Gen IV?

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had doug levin cut off my side cats. It reduced the cabin heat by more then 75%.

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joedud and mjf6175: You both should have your Corsa and Roe high flow cats installed on your 2008s by now.....tell us what you think of the setup. Thanks

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm starting my Corsa install today, and my new Corsa cat back will be here tomorrow.:2tu:

joedud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Port Orange, FL (just below Daytona Beach)
Sorry guys, work got in the way.

OK, I have a few days on my Random Tech/Corsa install. The difference over stock is significant, to start with. Idle and cruising with windows up is very tolerable. I don't detect any drone or any other frequency that made me uncomfortable after a couple of hours of continuous driving. WOT is amazing. It really opens up and that deceleration gurgle is also quite a bit louder than stock. I don't think the exhaust note is "ricey", or too raspy. For me, it's just right. I have to say I haven't heard many other set-ups in person. A worthwhile mod.