corsa track exhaust question

prosthogod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my car back after having this put on. It sounds great, the reduction in heat is great, but it seems to be a little slower to respond off the bottom. Is this common?

Crazy1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have felt the same thing with some of my other cars once I did a free flow exhaust system. If you take away too much of the needed back pressure with a more flowing exhaust - this seems to rob some low end torque and can work against you. This is probably what you are feeling and I bet if you had a dyno sheet before and after you would see how the torque curve has changed.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that everyone here is going to scream at me but the Corsa is anything but free flowing or cool running, and it sounds lousy. Cut one open and you will see what I am talking about. There are no baffles in it and it gets so hot it turns blue! You can contact Rick at "Yelloh", Email [email protected], 508-717-2698 and ask him about the corsa system we removed form his car. He said he will never go back to a corsa system. It got so hot it melted his side sill covers. He had me build him a custom system and wrap it. Not only does it sound better, have tons more power, but you can now hold your hand on the outside of the side sill when hot! Please do not scream at me, call him and talk to him. This system can be seen at:

http://www.members.aol.com/AtroRacingTeam/PRODUCTS/AtRoRacingsProductCatalog

See his post at:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=666969&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what happens to the exhaust metal temperatures when you wrap the exhaust up? Seems like the growth issue that affects tip centering would be worse with higher metal temperatures.

Not sure if you are also wrapping the catalysts but the resulting catalyst internal temperature would be of significant concern.

My Mopar race exhaust runs cool enough that sill temperatures are not an issue. I would certainly never wrap or insulate the exhaust. I would prefer if anything to improve the air flow over the exhaust to keep the exhaust temperature as low as possible. Gen I and II had a kit to install a screen in the wheel well in front of the sills to aid cooling. That may be of benefit for the Gen III as well.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the corsa and 100% happy with the sound and the performance. While I have never crawled under the car to check the color of the exhaust when hot, the sill temperatures are never more than warm to the touch. For me, I am perfectly happy with the fit and finish as well as the benefits it provided. my $0.02

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Usually the problems with a Corsa are incorrect installation, as there has to be adjustments made after running ( both in the shop and a quick trip down the road ). We have had fantastic results over the years, and the Millers go out of their way to please the customer and their distributors. I have a bit of a problem with blanket claims that another system gets more power, when this is all Corsa does, and over the years they have been the only major system that has provided us with Dyno figures. With the number of Vipers we sell , I honestly can not remember when the last time was that we heard a complaint from a customer that they did not like the sound. Remember they offer two systems, though we primarily sell the track model, and most owners report some reduction in heat temperatures.

Good luck and I am sure you will find the build quality and service at very high standards for this hand built , American, cat-back system.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper,SRT

OP
OP
P

prosthogod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I'm not really complaining. I think the car is still quick, but I just noticed a little less torque off the bottom. as far as heat goes, if the stock exhaust didn't melt the side sills then this will never, you can actually touch them without leaving skin now.
Would a set of green filters make any difference?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The Corsa Track did what Corsa said it would on my car. It offered less restriction, lower sill temps and a hp / tq gain on the dyno.

Run the car in a spirited fashion for at least 6 start stop cycles. Let the computer adjust as stated above. You won't feel much, but it will sound much better than stock and will run just a bit better.

Dan

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what happens to the exhaust metal temperatures when you wrap the exhaust up? Seems like the growth issue that affects tip centering would be worse with higher metal temperatures.

Not sure if you are also wrapping the catalysts but the resulting catalyst internal temperature would be of significant concern.

My Mopar race exhaust runs cool enough that sill temperatures are not an issue. I would certainly never wrap or insulate the exhaust. I would prefer if anything to improve the air flow over the exhaust to keep the exhaust temperature as low as possible. Gen I and II had a kit to install a screen in the wheel well in front of the sills to aid cooling. That may be of benefit for the Gen III as well.

I would certainly have the same concern and it is a valid concern. And I am not trying to bash anyones products but................

I am in the insulation business and we wrap high temp applications everyday from generator sets to smelting plant exhaust ducts. One of the concerns I have with wrapping the exhaust and pipe is that the heat is not allowed to dissipate. If the walls of the exhaust are not thick enough ( heavy gauge material ) the insulation will trap the heat and force the walls to collapse. Trust me I have seen this happen!

We use ceramic blanket material good to 2500 degrees and this material will literally resolve all your heat and sill issues. Care / masks etc.....should be used on the installation. But again I have no imperical engineering data that can confirm the after market exhaust or stock exhaust for that matter can withstand the additional heat strain. Accordingly, I just chose to go with high flow cats and that seemed to resolve the issue quite well.

Just my 2 cents.
Patrick