DAIMLER/CHRYSLER INSISTS ON CRUSHING! A PERFECT 2001 RT/10

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SOME OF YOU MAY REMEMBER MY SAGA..

RE: A 2001 RT/10 ...10K MILES

AFTER 17+ TRIPS TO THE VIPER TECH FOR CONSTANT OVER-HEATING PROBLEMS, PLUS EVEN AFTER A 4 MONTH "ARROW" ENGINE REBUILD THE CAR STILL RAN AT 245+ DEGREES!!

I CONTACTED D/C CORPORATE IN AN ATTEMPT TO HAVE MY CAR REPAIRED AND I INSISTED THAT I BE COMPENSATED FOR OVER A YEAR OF DOWN TIME..

D/C SAID **** WIND.. NO COMPENSATION (IN WRITING!)

I FINALLY CONTACTED A LEMON LAW ATTORNEY WHO MADE D/C THE SAME OFFER..FIX THE CAR AND PAY FOR LOSS OF USE...

THE D/C ATTORNEY AT FIRST SAID OK.. D/C WILL GET BACK TO HIM WITH A DOLLAR AMOUNT.. MY ATTORNEY WAS WAITING FOR AN OFFER FOR OVER A MONTH ... THEN THE D/C ATTNOREY SAID THAT CORPORATE HAD REFUSED AND WILL NOT SETTLE " THEY HAD CHANGED THEIR MIND" AND THEY SAID "SUE US"

DURING THE 6 MONTH NEGOTIATING PERIOD THE D/C VIPER EXPERT WHO SAW THE CAR TWICE INSISTED THAT "THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CAR.. ALL VIPERS RUN HOT!"

THEN THE ENGINE BLEW UP! (IT BROKE A TIMING CHAING OR CAM SHAFT??)

FINALLY AFTER ANOTHER 5 MONTHS OF ARGUING WITH D/C MY ATTORNEY FILED THE LAW SUIT!

D/C IMMEDIATELY OFFERED TO SETTLE! THEY PAID ME THE FULL PURCHASE PRICE, PLUS DAMAGES AND FOR ALL MY ATTORNEY FEES...

THEY REPRESENTED THAT THEY WERE GOING TO TAKE THE CAR BACK AND REPAIR AND RESELL IT AS A LEMON LAW BUY BACK..

I ASKED OUT OF CURIOSITY TO FINALLY FIND OUT WHAT WAS THE CAUSE OF THE CONSTANT OVER-HEATING PROBLEM.. THEY SAID THEY WOULD LET ME KNOW...

FIRST I GET A CALL FROM THE DEALER WHO WANTED TO MAKE A TIME TO PICK THE CAR UP...

THEN THE NEXT DAY I GET A CALL FROM A WRECKING YARD WHO TELLS ME THAT D/C HAS NOW DECIDED TO PART THE CAR OUT AND TO CRUSH THE CHASSIS!!

I IMMEDIATELY CONTACT DIRECTLY THE D/C ATTORNEY AND OFFER $5,000 MORE THAN THE SALVAGE VALUE, I OFFER TO SIGN A FULL RELEASE, AND I EVEN OFFER THEM THE MOTOR BACK.. I WANT TO RETAIN THE SALVAGE AND KEEP THE CAR..

THE D/C ATTORNEY CALLED ME BACK A FEW DAYS LATER AND SAID "CORPORATE REFUSED, THE CAR MUST BE DESTROYED!"

WHAT DOES D/C KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT TELLING US??

I AM TRYING TO SAVE A BEAUTIFUL CAR..ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED..
THANKS,

THE CAPS CLOWN!

:( :(

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, sorry about your car and all you had to go through! Maybe there just pissed and don't want you to have the car!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you reallyw ant help on this site just TURN THE CAPS OFF and you will recive all the help you want/need, until then no one is gonna help you, we been through this all before.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC should also insinst that your computer get crushed along with your car. That stuck caps lock key needs to get put to a violent end.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BUY A CAR BACK THAT HAS GIVEN YOU SO MANY PROBLEMS?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC should also insinst that your computer get crushed along with your car. That stuck caps lock key needs to get put to a violent end.

I agree!

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BUY A CAR BACK THAT HAS GIVEN YOU SO MANY PROBLEMS?

well that depends on how much they want for it, might be worth it if you can pick it up for a song and a dance.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ExecMalibu, I've got to hand it to you. Goliath said to stick it where the sun don't shine and said "sue us" and you did and won. My hats off to you. Many here would have walked (ran?) away rather than take a gamble of fighting DC especially with attorney fees at $200+/hr plus, plus, plus all the extras. Congrats, you sir, have some big kahonas (and probably some deep pockets).

(Edit: I see you live in Malibu, CA. Please omit the word "probably" from my last sentence) :shocked:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for such deep pockets he should buy a new keyboard one where the CAPS LOCK ACTUALLY WORKS AND WILL GO OFF

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GERALD,

WHAT PEOPLE LIKE STUGOTS (WITH 3,568 POSTS IN 15 MONTHS)AND A FEW OTHERS WHO CANT SEE PAST MY USING CAPS ..

WHAT THESE GUYS CANT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT D/C RELIES ON PEOPLE ACCEPTING THEIR PARTY LINE.."THEY ALL DO THAT..IT IS NORMAL" THEN WHEN YOUR VIPER BLOWS UP AFTER IT IS OUT OF WARRANTY D/C WITH COMPLETE IMMUNITY CAN CHARGE YOU THE HUGE VIPER TAX..

I HAVE NUMEROUS OTHER VINTAGE EXOTIC CARS AND IF ONE OF THESE EXPENSIVE EXOTICS HAS PROBLEMS AS THEY ALWAYS DO, I HAVE NO PROBLEM PAYING BIG BUCKS FOR THE REPAIRS..OR TO MAKE THEM EVEN FASTER! IF I WANT TO PLAY I AGREE TO PAY BUT IT IS MY CHOICE ON MY DIME!

IF I AGREE BLOW OFF THE WARRANTY AND TO ACCEPT THE COST OF THE REPAIRS FOR THE VIPER THEN ALL BETS ARE OFF AND I WILL BUILD A MONSTER MOTOR..IF IT OVER-HEATS THEN I WILL PAY TO GET IT FIXED..

I ENJOYED THE WAY THE VIPER DRIVES AND I SPENT OVER $1,500 TRYING TO FIX A D/C PROBLEM..BUT FINALLY I WOULD NO LONGER ACCEPT THAT I SHOULD BE LIABLE TO FIX A CONFIRMED BY THE FACTORY ENGINEER A D/C MANUFACTURING DEFECT ..

BY THE WAY LAWYERS IN SO. CAL ARE AT $300-500 PER HOUR..

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you please leave the Viper community NOW!

You get paid 100% the cost of the car plus loss of use plus attorney fees (per your post) and you expect to get the car back for a song. Give me a break. If it was as bad as you say it should be crushed. Or were you stretching the truth? Hmmm.

Regardless I hope I never have to see your capitalizing BS again, ever. Go buy a Ford or better yet a Toyota.

BTW in settlement documents were you required to keep mum on this. If so DC can now go back and get your ass and some of that money back. Now that would be the cats meow!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you please leave the Viper community NOW!
You get paid 100% the cost of the car plus loss of use plus attorney fees (per your post) and you expect to get the car back for a song. Give me a break. If it was as bad as you say it should be crushed. Or were you stretching the truth? Hmmm.
Regardless I hope I never have to see your capitalizing BS again, ever. Go buy a Ford or better yet a Toyota.
BTW in settlement documents were you required to keep mum on this. If so DC can now go back and get your ass and some of that money back. Now that would be the cats meow!

What he said, just leave. AND BE VERY THANKFUL DC DID NOT RESEARCH ALL YOUR THREADS HERE, IF THEY HAD, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD SOME NICE EVIDENCE REGARDING SOME OF THE ADVICE YOU WERE GIVEN......I.E. BLOW THE ENGINE UP IF YOU CAN'T GET IT FIXED. AND THAT IS WHAT YOU DID. YOU WANTED TO WIN MORE THAN YOU WANTED TO SAVE YOUR CAR, I HOPE YOU SLEEP WELL THINKING ABOUT YOUR CRUSHED CAR. WE CAN NOW OFFICIALLY CHANGE YOUR NAME FROM CAPSCLOWN TO..........

CRUSHEDCLOWN

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want to eat the cake and keep it too. Just move on. As for a name change, how about GREEDYCLOWN? :D

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who is the complete and total looser!?! execmalibu barbie?

It's complete idiots like you that taint a whole car community.

You got your money now go away and ****!!!!

What a bottomfeeder.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.....Tough room! I'm glad I didn't make any comments besides this one!

gotta understand this is NOT the first time hes been here busting balls and bashing vipers.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SOME OF YOU MAY REMEMBER MY SAGA..

RE: A 2001 RT/10 ...10K MILES

AFTER 17+ TRIPS TO THE VIPER TECH FOR CONSTANT OVER-HEATING PROBLEMS, PLUS EVEN AFTER A 4 MONTH "ARROW" ENGINE REBUILD THE CAR STILL RAN AT 245+ DEGREES!!

I CONTACTED D/C CORPORATE IN AN ATTEMPT TO HAVE MY CAR REPAIRED AND I INSISTED THAT I BE COMPENSATED FOR OVER A YEAR OF DOWN TIME..

D/C SAID **** WIND.. NO COMPENSATION (IN WRITING!)

I FINALLY CONTACTED A LEMON LAW ATTORNEY WHO MADE D/C THE SAME OFFER..FIX THE CAR AND PAY FOR LOSS OF USE...

THE D/C ATTORNEY AT FIRST SAID OK.. D/C WILL GET BACK TO HIM WITH A DOLLAR AMOUNT.. MY ATTORNEY WAS WAITING FOR AN OFFER FOR OVER A MONTH ... THEN THE D/C ATTNOREY SAID THAT CORPORATE HAD REFUSED AND WILL NOT SETTLE " THEY HAD CHANGED THEIR MIND" AND THEY SAID "SUE US"

DURING THE 6 MONTH NEGOTIATING PERIOD THE D/C VIPER EXPERT WHO SAW THE CAR TWICE INSISTED THAT "THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CAR.. ALL VIPERS RUN HOT!"

THEN THE ENGINE BLEW UP! (IT BROKE A TIMING CHAING OR CAM SHAFT??)

FINALLY AFTER ANOTHER 5 MONTHS OF ARGUING WITH D/C MY ATTORNEY FILED THE LAW SUIT!

D/C IMMEDIATELY OFFERED TO SETTLE! THEY PAID ME THE FULL PURCHASE PRICE, PLUS DAMAGES AND FOR ALL MY ATTORNEY FEES...

THEY REPRESENTED THAT THEY WERE GOING TO TAKE THE CAR BACK AND REPAIR AND RESELL IT AS A LEMON LAW BUY BACK..

I ASKED OUT OF CURIOSITY TO FINALLY FIND OUT WHAT WAS THE CAUSE OF THE CONSTANT OVER-HEATING PROBLEM.. THEY SAID THEY WOULD LET ME KNOW...

FIRST I GET A CALL FROM THE DEALER WHO WANTED TO MAKE A TIME TO PICK THE CAR UP...

THEN THE NEXT DAY I GET A CALL FROM A WRECKING YARD WHO TELLS ME THAT D/C HAS NOW DECIDED TO PART THE CAR OUT AND TO CRUSH THE CHASSIS!!

I IMMEDIATELY CONTACT DIRECTLY THE D/C ATTORNEY AND OFFER $5,000 MORE THAN THE SALVAGE VALUE, I OFFER TO SIGN A FULL RELEASE, AND I EVEN OFFER THEM THE MOTOR BACK.. I WANT TO RETAIN THE SALVAGE AND KEEP THE CAR..

THE D/C ATTORNEY CALLED ME BACK A FEW DAYS LATER AND SAID "CORPORATE REFUSED, THE CAR MUST BE DESTROYED!"

WHAT DOES D/C KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT TELLING US??

I AM TRYING TO SAVE A BEAUTIFUL CAR..ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED..
THANKS,

THE CAPS CLOWN!

:( :(

you sir are an idiot. some people are just born losers. you are one of them. if i was you i would tie a ball and chain around my neck and jump off the golden gate bridge.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You refer to car as being "PERFECT" in the title of your post and then go on to complain about 17+ trips to the dealer for overheating? You either need a dictionary or a lobotomy.

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME 4-5 GUYS ON THIS SITE THAT ARE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO READ OR UNDERSTAND MY POSTS..

I REPEAT!

I OFFERED $5,000 MORE THAN THE SALVAGE VALUE WITH NO MOTOR AND THE CAR WILL HAVE A BRANDED "LEMON LAW " TITLE!! ..

THEY DONT HAVE TO TOW IT AND/OR PAY ANY OTHER COSTS..

THE EXPERTS THAT I TALKED TO THOUGHT THAT WITH THE CARS HISTORY THAT MY OFFER WAS PROBABLY TO HIGH! BUT IF YOU MORONS CAN FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH YOU THINK IS FAIR TO PAY FOR THIS CAR WITH NO ENGINE AND A BRANDED TITLE LET ME KNOW!!!

THE CAR IS PERFECT EXCEPT FOR A BAD MOTOR.. IN MY OPINION THIS IS NOT A REASON TO CRUSH IT! BUT I GUESS YOU GUYS DONT AGREE??

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey DC, I don't understand why my motor overheats all the time while 20,000 other Vipers don't have the same problem. All I do is run it up to redline everytime I shift. Why does it overheat? I have lots of built motors with a lot more HP so I know it's not me. It must be the car.

But don't destroy the car! I want to buy it back so I can sue you again.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First - you are the idiot!

Why do you think they owe you a favor???

Have you done one single positive thing for DC? NO!

You advertise on the VCA web site that you are going to blow up your engine to finally get service. Then you do it. Stupid. If DC was watching this site they would have disallowed that claim as customer abuse. It surely was.

Now, after you say you took DC to the cleaners you wonder why they do not give you a gift. You really are a stupid Focker.

As far as I am concerned you could offer $100k and they should still turn you down. They should also refuse to sell you a new Viper given your abuse and sue philosophy.

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHUCK 98,

THE CAR RUNNING DOWN THE HIGHWAY AT 70 MPH IN 5TH GEAR WAS NEARLY IN THE RED! THE FACTORY REP CONFIRMED WITH THE DRB A 242+ DEGREE TEMP READING ON A COOL DAY..BUT YOU THINK THE MOTOR WAS FINE??

I WILL EMAIL THE PHOTOS AND THEIR REPORTS!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the fact that he refuses, despite being pleaded with a hundred time, to turn off the CAPS shows you what an unmitigated [******] he is. There is no question he must have inherited his money. Ya can't buy brains or class.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAVING WORKED FOR SEVERAL VERY LARGE MULTI-NATIONAL COMPANIES, I'VE NEVER SEEN THE UPPER MANAGEMENT TAKE A WHINING, ARROGANT, GREEDY AND STUBBORN CUSTOMER PERSONALLY, HAVE YOU? THOSE HIGHLY PAID EXECUTIVES WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING OUT OF SPITE, TO SHUT YOU UP, OR DO SOMETHING TO SHOW WHO REALLY HAS A BIGGER WALLET. GEE, I CAN'T UNDERSTAND DC'S ACTIONS AT ALL...

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOU HAD A LEMON.

YOU GOT PAID/SETTLED AND THEY EVEN COVERED LAWYERS FEES.

WHAT THE [*****] ELSE YOU NEED??

NOW GO AND BUY A HONDA, IT MAKES MORE HP/LITER ANYWAY...

GOOD NIGHT!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21