DAIMLER/CHRYSLER INSISTS ON CRUSHING! A PERFECT 2001 RT/10

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JANNI,
WHO MADE UP THE NETIQUITTE RULES ANYWAY? IS THIS A NEW FEDERAL LAW?

YOU WANT TO DISCUSS OTHER COUNTRIES ETIQUITTE..

FIRST OF ALL LAST TIME I CHECKED THIS WAS AMERICA..

I GUESS I MISSED IT WHEN DID BUSH TAKE AWAY OUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHT TO RESIST??

"If you visited a foreign country, and were unaware of a main core principal of etiquette, and you violated it - if it were pointed out to you that what you did is considered in bad manners - would you continually do it and expect the host country to welcome you?"

IN SOME COUTRIES KISSING A MAN ON THE CHEEK WHEN YOU MEET IS PROPER ETIQUITTE..WELL I GUESS I WILL BE OFFENDING ALOT MORE PEOPLE IN FOREIGN COUTRIES..

..REMEMBER SOMTIMES PROPER ETIQUITTE CAN ALSO BE VERY HARSH...

BEING A FEMALE WHEN YOU GO TO A MUSLIM COUNTRY YOU OBVIOULSY HAVE NO PROBLEM WEARING A VAIL ,NEVER LOOKING A MAN IN THE EYE AND ALWAYS FOLLOWING HIS ORDERS AND WALK BEHIND HIM?..THIS IS PROPER MUSLIM FEMALE ETIQUITTE

OF COARSE WHEN HE WANTS TO WACK TO AROUND FOR ANY REASON BECAUSE IT IS THEIR CUSTOM AND CONSIDERED PROPER MUSLIM ETIQUETTE YOU WOULD NEVER OFFEND ANYONE AND JUST TAKE IT?

IN SOME COUNTRIES IF YOU AS A WOMEN WERE OFFERED FOR SALE OR TRADE YOU NO DOUBT WOULD NOT OFFER ANY OBJECTION BECAUSE IT IS PROPPER ETIQUITTE... HOW MUCH DO YOU FEEL YOU ARE WORTH?

THIS IS GREAT... A CONTEMPORARY AMERICAN WOMEN WHO THINKS THAT ALL WOMEN OF THE WORLD SHOULD JUST FOLLOW THE RULES AND GIVE UP ALL WOMENS RIGHTS SOLELY BECAUSE OF THAT COUNTIES ETIQUITTE..

REMEMBER DONT GET UPSET ..I AM JUST RESPONDING TO YOUR ARGUMENTS.. MY RIGHT TO RESIST..

:crazy:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Typing in all caps is considered yelling or screaming online"

In person, yelling or screaming would be considered bad form.
I wouldn't want to be around someone who was yelling or screaming.

The fact that someone has decided that all caps means screaming or yelling, doesn't make it the same kind of breach of etiquette.

Screaming or yelling, in person, would be considered poor etiquette by anyone in hearing range. Even others, not involved in the conversation would be bothered by screaming or yelling.

All caps can be ignored with ease. Harping on some silly geek "rule" against all caps is a breach of etiquette.

"If you visited a foreign country, and were unaware of a main core principal of etiquette"

A main core principal of etiquette?
Wouldn't that be the kind of thing that would be obvious to the whole population?

Wouldn't that be a custom or form of behavior that was the result of thousands of years of culture?

And you think that the fact that some GEEK decided five years ago that all caps was a no no is in the same ballpark?

You must be kidding.

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JOE117,
HOW DO I POST PHOTOS ON THIS SITE..

I WOULD NOT HAVE TO TYPE IN CAPS AND MANY OF THESE GUYS WOULD UNDERSTAND MY COMPLAINTS..

IF THEY COULD SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT....

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some of you are missing the point. Exec is unhappy that other forum members did not help him during his problem. Well to many here his demeanor, provided in part by the use of caps and in part by the language expressed, made the desire to help minimal.

You may say etiquette is unimportant. That may be true at times. But if you were starting a business and going to a major (read formal) banking institution it would be in your best interest to dress nicely and speak in an appropriate manner. To do otherwise may have a significant negative impact on your ability to get the loan. Not required butu advantageous to yourself. Same thing here. If you want help you do not spit in the face of potential helpers. Whether all forum members think so or not. To alienate some may end up alienating the one who could have helped you the most.

Try hitchhiking by giving every driverby the finger. You might get killed but doubtful anyone would stop to assist. But of course you have every right to express yourself.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< If you visited a foreign country, and were unaware of a main core principal of etiquette, and you violated it - if it were pointed out to you that what you did is considered in bad manners - would you continually do it and expect the host country to welcome you? Would you expect the person that told you of the courtesy breach to assist you? No - unless you were a complete arrogant a-hole. It's bad manners. And worse yet, he comes to this community and asks for help - and refuses to make any adjustments when the community asks him to - well, that IS inconsiderate. >>

jani, i think this says it all, and whoever doesn't understand this, never will. this is just plain common sense. my six-year old could figure this one out.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe117,
Doesn't the population grow up as a whole based on "interaction?" And isn't "interaction" where participants find some common ground, such as interests, good communication, and respect?

I don't get philospohical too often, but EXECMALIBU doesn't seem to share the same enthusaism and patience for a marquee vehicle and it's manufacturer. A Viper is a low volume, hands-on car and even if he got a lemon, he's made out better than most others. This whole thread is because he seems to want even more.

EXECMALIBU also refuses to engage in the form of communication everyone else does. After all, not only is CAPS thought of as shouting (not just by a Geek over the last few years, but for all years of printed matter) but all of us have even developed our own style of punctuation, smileys, indents, highlights, etc to deliver the message rather than just the words. For example, the impact of being called an "A$$HOLE" isn't the same when the guy can't type "a$$hole" (and not referring to his spelling.) While all CAPS may be his choice, he now knows he has the baggage that everyone will think he's always shouting (because perception is reality,) and he's limiting his "vocabulary," making it even harder for us to understand him.

Let's see, we're on page 4 of this thread and there's no sign of him backing off. Yes, he's got a right to "resist." But had there been a little sign of respect, too, he might have even fit into this crowd. But hey, trash the car, don't relent on anything, expect lots of sympathy, fight back with everyone, and guess what; he can't "resist" his way into good graces. Defending his right to behave how he wants is one thing; I'm curious why he thinks anyone would want to help him do those things he wants of them (post a picture?) Well, no, I'm not curious.

And that's Mr. Geek to you now.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Hey there's nothing wrong with working a 9-5 job. I work 16 hours days >>

BTW - mustang jay. i was also in the military, for (6) years, and i know all about working 16 hour days. And because of that, I have a deep understanding and appreciation for the sacrifices you are making right now overseas. THANK YOU. :2tu: :usa:

And you are right, there is NOTHING WRONG with a 9-5 job. I mean no offense to you or anyone who has one.
However, my 9-5 experiences were for the most part lousy. And because of that, i feel very fortunate, for the opportunities i have created, and have been given, to not have one anymore. It just didn't work for me. That is all I meant. ;)

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ditto on what 2badd 4u said. let this post RIP. < oooyyye, i used caps :shocked: but see, they are cool and ok if you reserve for special occassions only. jmho...

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
big-n-itilian,
No offense was taken, and Thank you for the support. Next time i get to come back to the states we should meet up and have a beer :) . I'm looking forward to crusing the Illinois streets with you :)

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck,
Look guys, I'm not standing up for Mr. CAPS.

I'm just saying that typing in all caps is something that is easy to ignore.
It's even easier to ignore since it's something that you don't have to read anyway.

Notice, I don't type in all caps. I'm not a fan of all caps. But I'm not going to call the guy names and say he is bad just because he types in all caps.

He may be bad for other reasons. Like I said, I'm not standing up for him.
But going after him for the caps, as if it were a boom box that he was playing outside your window,
jeez, just ignore it.

And
What if he only has one arm?

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey, I only type with 2 fingers, and I manage to turn the caps lock on and off! so if he only has one arm, then thats three more possible fingers he can use to turn the caps lock off.

I'm torn, yes the caps is easy to ignore, and when i first started using the internet 6-7 years ago, i made the same mistake for a few months until I learned it was bad etiquette. But i also dont go walk in to someones house and crap on the coffee table because i know its bad social skillz.

So go on and be a "nonconformist" just like all your friends! :-D

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I can sum up this thread like this...

EXECMALIBU IS A *****. THANKS.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of all caps. But I'm not going to call the guy names and say he is bad just because he types in all caps.

No one said that. He is a **** for many other reasons, with the caps being only ONE FACTOR in many. If you had followed all his posts on this, and appreciated the utter irony of his trying to buy the car back, you'd see this.

His REFUSAL to turn the caps off, despite being asked countless times over many months, and still expecting support from this forum is what the dislike for him in this group is all about. It's all in the attitude, man.

Anyone who would take a request (repeatedly) to simply turn the caps off and make an analogy of that with beating a muslim woman in a veil, selling her, trading her into slavery and whatnot...is too far gone in my book.

Fortunately, his Viper is gone and hopefully he won't buy another and be back. So let it die.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21