DAIMLER/CHRYSLER INSISTS ON CRUSHING! A PERFECT 2001 RT/10

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: DAIMLER/CHRYSLER INSISTS ON CRUSHING! A PERFECT 2001 RT/10

THE CAR RUNNING DOWN THE HIGHWAY AT 70 MPH IN 5TH GEAR WAS NEARLY IN THE RED!

What did it do when you cruised 70mph in 6th gear? Or didn't you know there was a 6th gear for highway cruising?

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CHUCK 98,

THE CAR RUNNING DOWN THE HIGHWAY AT 70 MPH IN 5TH GEAR WAS NEARLY IN THE RED! THE FACTORY REP CONFIRMED WITH THE DRB A 242+ DEGREE TEMP READING ON A COOL DAY..BUT YOU THINK THE MOTOR WAS FINE??

I WILL EMAIL THE PHOTOS AND THEIR REPORTS!

What part of **** and go die in a Pinto fire are you not getting? Why don't you post this BS story over at da Alley in AG so I can quit being polite to you and tell you what I really think of you.

Subhuman, bottomfeeding, whiney, little battlebot wana be squidbilly. You give trolls a bad name.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, you guys are rough. Caps lock is not the end of the world. If you don't want to see his CAPS don't read this thread anymore or reply to it and let it die. I think He had a good point and I would guess DC would be making money on the car rather than losing it. And if DC continued to do little things like this to make money, maybe our cars wouldn't be as expensive as they are in the first place!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stop freaking crying.....why would they let you buy back the car.....to make you happy?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, you guys are rough. Caps lock is not the end of the world. If you don't want to see his CAPS don't read this thread anymore or reply to it and let it die. I think He had a good point and I would guess DC would be making money on the car rather than losing it. And if DC continued to do little things like this to make money, maybe our cars wouldn't be as expensive as they are in the first place!

Arly
This guy has a long history here, this is not his first post. Do a search and you will find out in previous threads what a dick he is.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you please leave the Viper community NOW!
You get paid 100% the cost of the car plus loss of use plus attorney fees (per your post) and you expect to get the car back for a song. Give me a break. If it was as bad as you say it should be crushed. Or were you stretching the truth? Hmmm.
Regardless I hope I never have to see your capitalizing BS again, ever. Go buy a Ford or better yet a Toyota.
BTW in settlement documents were you required to keep mum on this. If so DC can now go back and get your ass and some of that money back. Now that would be the cats meow!

What he said, just leave. AND BE VERY THANKFUL DC DID NOT RESEARCH ALL YOUR THREADS HERE, IF THEY HAD, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD SOME NICE EVIDENCE REGARDING SOME OF THE ADVICE YOU WERE GIVEN......I.E. BLOW THE ENGINE UP IF YOU CAN'T GET IT FIXED. AND THAT IS WHAT YOU DID. YOU WANTED TO WIN MORE THAN YOU WANTED TO SAVE YOUR CAR, I HOPE YOU SLEEP WELL THINKING ABOUT YOUR CRUSHED CAR. WE CAN NOW OFFICIALLY CHANGE YOUR NAME FROM CAPSCLOWN TO..........

CRUSHEDCLOWN
LMAO

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF I DRIVE MY VIPER AT 70 IN 5TH, IT WILL START TO RUN HOTTER THAN I LIKE. IF I HAVE A BUBBLE IN MY SYSTEM, IT WILL RUN THAT MUCH HOTTER AND UNACCEPTABLE. BURP BURP BURP BURP, BUY A $1.99 PRESTONE T-VALVE AND PUT AT PASSENGER TOE-BOX TOP AT HEATER HOSE (HIGHEST POINT). THAT WILL MAKE MY CAR RUN 20 - 30 DEG. DIFFFERENT. PLUS USING 5TH AND LOW SPEEDS AND 6TH AT HIGHER SPEEDS I CAN CONTROL MY TEMPERATURES FROM 175-190..... IN THE FL. HEAT WITH A INTERCOOLER IN FRONT OF MY RADIATOR............... I'M WILLING TO BET THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR CAR...... ;(

GERALD

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GERALD,

BEEN THERE! TRIED THAT!

AFTER THE 4 MONTH ENGINE REBUILD ON A COOL MORNING CRUSING DOWN THE HIGHWAY AT 70 MPH IN 5TH AT 2,250 RPM THE TEMP GAUGE STARTED CLIMBING AGAIN TO OVER THE 3/4 MARK ( THIS IS AFTER THE NEW OVERSIZED RADIATOR AND ANOTHER NEW 180 THERMOSTAT) ..

I GET OFF THE HIGHWAY DRIVE 10 BLOCKS TO THE DODGE DEALER (NO TRAFFIC).. AT THE DEALER THE VIPER TECH SAYS "IT SMELLS HOT"...

...HE PLUGS IN THE DRB AND IT READS 242 DEGREES!

THE SERVICE WRITER TELLS ME THAT "THE CAR IS A LEMON! THAT I SHOULD GET D/C TO TAKE IT BACK!"

FOR THOSE WHO THINK THAT I BLEW THE ENGINE UP YOU ARE WRONG!!!

.. AFTER THE ENGINE BLEW THE FACTORY REP HAD THE CAR TWICE! THEY HAD THE CAR FOR A FEW DAYS FOR A FULL ENGINE DIAGNOSIS! THEY WERE LOOKING FOR A REASON TO HANG IT ON ME BUT THERE WAS NEVER EVEN A HINT THAT THEY THOUGHT THAT IT WAS MY FAULT!...

I WAS TOLD THAT THEY AND "ARROW" THINK IT WAS A CAM BOLT FAILURE,,

I THINK THE CAM WAS PROBABLY OUT OF TIME CAUSING THE OVER-HEATING PROBLEMS..

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why will you not take off caps????

the people you are asking for help asked you to take off your caps if you really want help take em off

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is just too funny. This guy gets people going every time.

Don't you all realize he is just a 13 year old kid that is making all this up for attention?

LMAO

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STUGOTS,
WHY IS YOUR INFO IN ALMOST ALL CAPS??
"1999 RED R/T - B&B CATBACK,HF CATS,1.7'S,70mm TB'S,MODIFIED AIR BOX,S&B'S,VEC 2,3"INLETS AND VIPAIR ALL FROM ROE RACING,BUILT BY THE WIZARD AND TUNED BY VOS"

YOU DONT SEEM TO CARE THAT YOU MAY BE OFFENDING SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU ARE YELLING!! "RED" AND "CATBACK" AND "MODIFIED AIR BOX" ETC...

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT REALLY MAKE??.. I AM LAZY..I DONT TURN THE CAPS OFF..

SOME PEOPLE ARE LAZY AND NEVER TURN THE CAPS ON AND THEY TYPE IN ALL LOWER CASE... SOME OTHERS HAVE OBVIOUS NUMEROUS TYPOS THAT THEY DONT BOTHER TO CORRECT..

MY TYPING IN CAPS SEEMS TO BE THE MAIN FOCUS AND NOT THE MESSAGE FOR MANY OF YOU..

THIS I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND..

IF YOUR CARS RAN AS HOT AS MINE AND YOU WENT THROUGH AS MUCH B/S TRYING TO FIX IT AS I HAVE , YOU WOULD PROBABLY BE TYPING IN OVER-SIZED CAPS!

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT REALLY MAKE??.. I AM LAZY..I DONT TURN THE CAPS OFF

Lazy is right and a whiner. LOL, YOU got your money, justice was served.
NOW put a fork in it!!
Do all rich people whine like this? LOL no offense to the rich non-whiners out there LOL

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't bother to read the whole thread. But it seems as though you got a great settlement out of it in the end.
And I, like DC would not have given you back the car either. It just doesn't make sense, after all that happened.

Oh, and reading the title, I thought DC ruined a "PERFECT 2001 RT10", which after what happened to you and your car, I don't know how the car would be anywhere near PERFECT.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME 4-5 GUYS ON THIS SITE THAT ARE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO READ OR UNDERSTAND MY POSTS..

I REPEAT!

I OFFERED $5,000 MORE THAN THE SALVAGE VALUE WITH NO MOTOR AND THE CAR WILL HAVE A BRANDED "LEMON LAW " TITLE!! ..

THEY DONT HAVE TO TOW IT AND/OR PAY ANY OTHER COSTS..

THE EXPERTS THAT I TALKED TO THOUGHT THAT WITH THE CARS HISTORY THAT MY OFFER WAS PROBABLY TO HIGH! BUT IF YOU MORONS CAN FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH YOU THINK IS FAIR TO PAY FOR THIS CAR WITH NO ENGINE AND A BRANDED TITLE LET ME KNOW!!!

THE CAR IS PERFECT EXCEPT FOR A BAD MOTOR.. IN MY OPINION THIS IS NOT A REASON TO CRUSH IT! BUT I GUESS YOU GUYS DONT AGREE??

Sell me the doors off it before you let it be crushed... I'll give you $2K for both doors.

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I WILL REPEAT MY POSITION SO THOSE MENTALLY HANDICAPPED MEMBERS CAN UNDERSTAND!

I RECEIVED A VERY FAIR SETTLEMENT FROM DAIMLER/CHRYSLER AND INTENDED TO MOVE ON...

THEY HAD REPRESENTED THAT THE CAR WOULD BE FIXED AND THEN RESOLD..

I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH D/C TAKING THE CAR AND THEN FIXING/REPLACING THE ENGINE AND OFFERING THE CAR FOR SALE AS A MANUFACTURE BUY BACK..

IT WOULD BE A GREAT CAR ONCE IT IS FINALLY FIXED PROPERLY..

WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT THE CAR WAS GOING TO BE DESTROYED I OFFERED $5,000 MORE THAT IT WAS WORTH TO SAVE IT!!

THREE YEARS AGO WHEN I TOLD A FEW OF MY CAR BUDDIES THAT I BOUGHT A VIPER THEY ALL ASKED THE SAME QUESTION..
" WHY WOULD I BUY A DODGE?"

WHEN I TRIED TO EXPLAIN THAT THE VIPER WAS A LIMITED PRODUCTION, HAND BUILT SUPER-CAR! THEY REMAINED UNIMPRESSED... IT WAS STILL ONLY A DODGE..

I MOVE FORWARD TO THE MEMBERS OF THIS SITE AND NOW I FIND THAT I AM GETTING THE SAME ATTITUDE FROM SOME THE MEMBERS OF THE VCA..

I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT THE VIPER IS A FANTASTIC LIMITED PRODUCTION HAND BUILT SUPER CAR THAT SHOULD BE RESPECTED AS SUCH..

BUT TO MANY OF THE MEMBERS IT IS JUST A "DODGE" AND THEY DISAGREE WITH MY OPINION THAT JUST BECAUSE THE MOTOR IS BAD THAT THE CAR SHOULD BE PARTED OUT AND DESTROYED..

OH WELL I GUESS ANOTHER VIPER WILL BITE THE DUST! ... A VIPER, A MINI VAN TO SOME OF YOU GUYS THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT THE VIPER IS A FANTASTIC LIMITED PRODUCTION HAND BUILT SUPER CAR THAT SHOULD BE RESPECTED AS SUCH..

I agree with the above statement completely. As far as the rest of the nonsense, WE ALL ALREADY HEARD YOU !!
Now please Put a fork in it and let it rest, face it your not going to get it back and their going to crush it! It's as plain as day. Yes it's sad their going to crush it, but there isnt anything you can do about it. So STOP WHINING!!
LOL :)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CRUSHEDCLOWN said......

"OH WELL I GUESS ANOTHER VIPER WILL BITE THE DUST! ... A VIPER, A MINI VAN TO SOME OF YOU GUYS THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE?"
-----------------------------------------------------------

Actually at this point it probably has the shape of a minivan, nice evenly proportioned cube! Your arrogance is really amazing, you threatened to sue a multibillion dollar global corporation AFTER you smeared them all over the internet. THEN you presume that you can still negotiate something with them, I can just hear the rep and the lawyer laughing as they jam youR offer to buy it back into the shredder. Your history here with the caps key issue is a clear indicator of your personality and how you probably conduct yourself in business, you got EXACTLY what you wanted, a full refund, and now you are here crying that you can't have the car back, it's beyond belief man. And you need to consider that they are really NOT going to crush it, but that's the answer you're gonna get. They want you GONE.
Paging TYPOTARD.........YOU DON'T HAVE A VIPER ANYMORE. BU BYE!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So since they indicated they were going to crush it, thus the value was indicated as ZERO. And you offered $5000 more than ZERO. Wow what an offer. I just cannot see why they wouldn't pay you for the car and then let you keep it. Guess I must be an idiot for not understanding your position.

But I have read your diatribe through the years and have come to the conclusion that the car was okay (confirmed by some of the best like Dan Cragin) and it was just you expectation that was skewed. Very much like your perspective on the car now. If they bought it back they have every right to do anything they want. You have no voice - you sold it out.

So go buy a Enzo or other hand built exotic that may impress your movie industry friends. Your CAPS and BS responses do not impress this "only a Dodge" owner!

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This post is funny as hell.

DC INSISTS...well dick it is theirs, they can do whatever they want regardless of YOUR opinion.

A PERFECT 2001 RT/10...Ah, look up the definition of perfect. WE get it, you don't.

The Viper is a car, not a priceless piece of history that requires the masses to rise up and save this one specimen. Get over it. If you want to preserve the species buy another Viper.

WE don't care about YOUR opinion. Just how hard is it for you to read and understand this.

Ok, lets go your way, just what the hell are WE suppose to do because you have rendered an opinion of a pending crisis? Tell us, write our congressmen, or maybe write our dealers, what. Just what the hell are WE suppose to do under your leadership to stop the unwarranted killing of another Viper...Tell us.

NO ONE CARES SO S T F U.

Reaction score
I have absolutely nothing of value to interject.....but I had a thought that was unbelievably funny!! What if DC took the car and parked it right where he could see it EVERYDAY?!?! LOL!!

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK I WILL REPEAT MY POSITION SO THOSE MENTALLY HANDICAPPED MEMBERS CAN UNDERSTAND!

I RECEIVED A VERY FAIR SETTLEMENT FROM DAIMLER/CHRYSLER AND INTENDED TO MOVE ON...

THEY HAD REPRESENTED THAT THE CAR WOULD BE FIXED AND THEN RESOLD..

I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH D/C TAKING THE CAR AND THEN FIXING/REPLACING THE ENGINE AND OFFERING THE CAR FOR SALE AS A MANUFACTURE BUY BACK..

IT WOULD BE A GREAT CAR ONCE IT IS FINALLY FIXED PROPERLY..

WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT THE CAR WAS GOING TO BE DESTROYED I OFFERED $5,000 MORE THAT IT WAS WORTH TO SAVE IT!!

THREE YEARS AGO WHEN I TOLD A FEW OF MY CAR BUDDIES THAT I BOUGHT A VIPER THEY ALL ASKED THE SAME QUESTION..
" WHY WOULD I BUY A DODGE?"

WHEN I TRIED TO EXPLAIN THAT THE VIPER WAS A LIMITED PRODUCTION, HAND BUILT SUPER-CAR! THEY REMAINED UNIMPRESSED... IT WAS STILL ONLY A DODGE..

I MOVE FORWARD TO THE MEMBERS OF THIS SITE AND NOW I FIND THAT I AM GETTING THE SAME ATTITUDE FROM SOME THE MEMBERS OF THE VCA..

BUT TO MANY OF THE MEMBERS IT IS JUST A "DODGE" AND THEY DISAGREE WITH MY OPINION THAT JUST BECAUSE THE MOTOR IS BAD THAT THE CAR SHOULD BE PARTED OUT AND DESTROYED..

OH WELL I GUESS ANOTHER VIPER WILL BITE THE DUST! ... A VIPER, A MINI VAN TO SOME OF YOU GUYS THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE?

Where you born a left coast fruits and twigs *****, or did you have to work on it?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I IMMEDIATELY CONTACT DIRECTLY THE D/C ATTORNEY AND OFFER $5,000 MORE THAN THE SALVAGE VALUE, I OFFER TO SIGN A FULL RELEASE, AND I EVEN OFFER THEM THE MOTOR BACK.. I WANT TO RETAIN THE SALVAGE AND KEEP THE CAR.. >>

I have been reading this thread since it started, and still cant get past this sentence. Is it just me?

WHY would anyone want to do this? Obviously this car has cost you a tremendous amount of time, money, and grief. The car was obviously not "perfect" as you called it. So, why dont you just go out and buy another viper? Why would you want more grief? Vipers are totalled all the time. Why care so much about this one car? I dont get it.

<< BUT TO MANY OF THE MEMBERS IT IS JUST A "DODGE" AND THEY DISAGREE WITH MY OPINION THAT JUST BECAUSE THE MOTOR IS BAD THAT THE CAR SHOULD BE PARTED OUT AND DESTROYED.. >>

I personally can't believe anyone WANTS to see this car destroyed - especially if it means losing good parts. It is my guess that they simply want this COSTLY saga put to a permanant end.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would think the reason why DC would crush the car is to prevent anyone else having the same issue with the same car and thus ending the saga of the overheating car. Plus I don't think they want to get sued again. I think you made out pretty well! I would just go buy another Viper and have extra money for upgrades.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21