Dealership horror stories

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I often see people mention how they will never go to a dealership again after some screwup/ripoff by the dealership. I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread about what dealership and what they did so others will know which ones to avoid. Here's my story:

Savannah Dodge (Savannah,GA. 2005). I was in Savannah with some friends and on our last day, I was checking my fluids before heading home. I checked the anti-freeze jug and obviously didnt screw the top on tight enough. We went to the mall to do some final shopping. I came out and had a note on my windshield from someone saying I had a large puddle of antifreeze under my car. I figured something had popped up off the historical streets (read: bumpy as hell) of Savannah and busted my radiator or 1 of the coolant jugs. I had the car towed to Savannah Dodge and was told their Viper tech was on vacation for 2 days, so i left the car there and rode back home with friends. I got a call from Savannah Dodge on Tuesday and was told that the Viper tech said my "aftermarket radiator cap" (the Roe Racing cap) wasnt rated high enough to be on a Viper. They sold me a new radiator cap and charged me $300 for labor (claiming they spent all day diagnosing the problem). I got my car back and called them when I got back to speak to the Service Mgr. about the overcharge. He refused to do anything and lied and said the Roe radiator cap had been thrown away. I got real angry since according to them the cap wasnt rated for a Viper and I wanted to send it back to Roe. The cap then miraculously appeared and they mailed it to me. I checked and it was rated at EXACTLY what the OEM cap they sold me was. I sent it back to Roe Racing and Sean put it on one of their vehicles and drove around all day with it and said he had no problems with it. So basically Savannah Dodge charged me $300 when all they had to do was refill my coolant system w/antifreeze and screw the cap back on correctly. If I'm in Savannah again and have car problems, I'll pay to have the car towed back to Macon (180 miles) before I let those crooks/incompetent viper tech make one more penny off me :evilmad: :curse: :hitfan:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its because you drive a viper, and the dealership automatically assumes you have, gazillions of dollars. Sad but true.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My alarm was messed up, so I got stuck in a parking lot here in Jax. I called up Jax Dodge, explained the situation, and they said they could fix it. $800 later (and a $80 tow), I got the car back with simply no alarm. I couldn't even lock the car. All they did was remove it.

Then about a month later, in south Florida, I had the same problem, had it towed to Fort Pierce Dodge, and for $200, they totally fixed it, so I could lock the car and use the alarm again. I haven't had a problem since.

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really a horror story, but I took my Viper to Kerry Dodge in Milford, OH to get the oil changed and have them check into a slight pull the car had. In order to check the pull on the car I gave them permission to drive it on the interstate (which lies less than a mile from the dealership). Like always I checked the mileage on my car before I left. When I returned they informed me they couldn't feel the car pulling, but had changed the oil. They charged me around $100 for the oil change, and nothing for checking into the pull. However when I got in the car I noticed the car had been driven 57 miles. Now I don't know how far you have to drive a car to see if it's pulling or not, but 57 miles seems a bit excessive to me. Of course on the bill where they are supposed to list "Incoming" mileage they left it blank. I've never been back there since.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my only "Horror Story" Begins in 1997. I ordered the GT-2 White & Blue GTS. Dealer had one allocated to the dealership. I rec'd a phone call that my car was in. I told them i'd be there in 3 days to pick up (I was on Vacation at the time of the phone call) Upon my return went to the dealer to pick up my new ride....only to find out my salesperson sold it to someone else. Excuse....he did not think i was picking it up.....i previously purchased 2 other vipers from this dealer.....

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling this thread is going to get closed but here is my story from Buhler Dodge from an old thread:

From my experience, I have no idea what you are on but their prices are insanely high. Lets break it down:

2002 RT/10 Graphite on Cognac - End of the year search
Wanted $500 under MSRP and would not take less

Animal nest in my engine block
$400.00 to remove
Tator's Quote UNDER $100!!!

CD Changer Install
Took $300.00 & Three Hours To Find Out That There Is No Prong To Insert The Cord Into - Idiots!

Wheel Well Noise
Tried THREE times to fix. Had my car for over a week in total and after three visits could not fix. What happened? Took to TATOR's and all that needed to be done was a changing of the fluids.

Hardtop Issue
Had unusual rattling in the hardtop. After MANY visits, they never fixed it. Even though they gave me a rental car, it was defective and broke down about a 1/2 mile from the dealer on the way to pick up a car that they did not fix properly. Not bad that the car broke down but they never came to get me at the breakdown spot so I walked down Route 35 to get to the dealer. As I walked into the dealer I see the car leaving to pick us up. Meanwhile this was after about 30 minutes of waiting.

BillS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was looking for my 1st Viper, I stopped in at a nearby Dodge dealer. The salesman said they didn’t have any in at the time, but I could look at one being serviced. The car looked pretty sharp. He then invited me to get into the car. I refused as this was someone else’s car. I later informed the manager and Viper tech of this incident and the next time I was in ‘****’ the salesman was gone (coincidence? you decide!)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960