Don't EVER leave your keys in the car...

SRTaj10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don\'t EVER leave your keys in the car...

So I was in a good neighborhood with my Viper and my friends H1 in the driveway at his place. We were bbqing and detailing the interior of our cars. My buddy went to the restroom and I left fro literally 5 minutes to wind down the bbq and when I got back no Viper. Called the Police, car was recovered 35 minutes later crashed on the side of a local highway abondoned with keys still in the ignition. Damage is 20 g's worth and right now my life *****. Insurance is covering it but I am so scared that my premiums will go up cause if they do I am not sure I will be able to afford the car anymore. The keys were on the floor board of the car the whole time. The only thing I can think of is if someone was watching the house the whole time. You never think something like this will ever happen to you unbitl it does and when it does you know you will never make the same mistake again. Worst of is I am leaving June 5th for Marnine Base Quantico, VA and will be gone the whole summer and won't see the ar now until i get back in late Aug.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Don\'t EVER leave your keys in the car...

That really bites, sorry to hear of your misfortune. Best of luck with getting your baby back to normal just as soon as possible.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The question that comes to mind? HOW did the thief get away and was there a trail of blood? A newbie crashing a Viper can be bad. Also, the sight of one crashing would tend to get attention, like someone seeing it and following the perp.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bad news, and local too. 99% chance that it was a teenager (maybe a neighbor's kid) that was watching the detailing project, came in for a closer look, saw the keys and took a joy ride.

It's unfortunate, but at least they didn't kill themselves in your car.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ah man, that's awful!!! :( I'm sorry that happened to you. Thanks for the advise, I'll certainly be more careful with my keys as a result.

Check you hotmail account.

OP
OP
S

SRTaj10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well the police already have suspects. There is a hous a few blocks away that is already under investigation. I am meeting wiht a detective today so lets see.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If the airbags went off, there may be powder burns or residue. The cops ahould ask every suspect to do 10 jumping jacks....a couple days after an accident, they will be sore as hell.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

3001 Riggs Ave.
She's sitting there now; also my Jeep and the Eclipse. Keys are swinging in the breeze.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

YAYKES :eek: That ***** bigtime, what was the damage they did to it?

OP
OP
S

SRTaj10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I live in Hillsborough but the car was stolen form my friends place in San Bruno. Air bags never went off but they finger printed the car. The detective said I was proabbly follwed from some point or another. SFPD has an ongoing investigation on high end car thefts and they feel they might already have the perp/perps in custody. Hopefully the prints match. Such as life but she will be fixed and will be back better than ever. Thanks for the support guys.

GTS1998

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I live in Hillsborough too! I Live near Skyline/Skyfarm. We should hook up sometime. I have another friend with an SRT-10 that lives nearby.

OP
OP
S

SRTaj10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey GTS1998 what is your email address. We should get together some time. I think I have seen your car around as well as another SRT-10. If you want go ahead and email me at: [email protected]