Dream Wheels for Viper

WilBriK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like many others out there, I find the dearth of aftermarket wheels for Vipers depressing.

I spoke to a friend of mine who owns a CNC machine shop about the possibility of making knock-off Centerline Hellcats for the Viper. The cost involved makes it unreasonable (though NOT impossible) for 1 person to buy, and he said he would do it if he could break even.

So, just out of curiosity, how many would be interested in the following design, but in 18" and 19" sizes?

You must be registered for see images

The lug cap would, of course, have a Viper emblem etched into it rather than the Centerline eagle.

Other designs under consideration are the HT Cast (but with a different star pattern backplate and without the hideous center cap):

as well as the Convo Pro (again with slight mods):

I contacted Centerline and asked them if they had any plans to offer Viper wheels in the future, and they said "no".

But the thought of 18" Hellcats on a Viper make me drool...

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMO, but I think those wheels would look more at home wrapped with wide sidewalled slicks than 18" Pilots.

CoryMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMO, but I think those wheels would look more at home wrapped with wide sidewalled slicks than 18" Pilots.

Or 44" Super Swampers. Those look like truck wheels.

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or 44" Super Swampers. Those look like truck wheels.
Thats because the Centerline Hellcats are made for offroad trucks basically, very popular rim in the offroad world ;)

I wouldn't mind a set of custom forged Weld Prostars or one of their other drag rims on a Viper, gives it that muscle car look and are extremely light.

OP
OP
W

WilBriK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me.

You're telling me you see a big difference between the Centerline Hellcats and the OEM Gen II 17" 5-stars?

They have a near identical star pattern (thicker in the center then thinning as the spoke moves out towards the rim - like a starfish) and they both have ridges along the edge, the only difference being that the Hellcats are inverted!

Of course, you might dislike the OEM wheels as well, but they are very, very close in design to the Hellcats. They are my favorite design, as they are the only ones that have a muscle car look, but unfortunately they only come in 17".

ALL the other OEM designs look like they belong on a Mercedes or BMW. I'll bet if Prada made wheels you girls would jump all over 'em! ;)

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kind of like the look of the Hellcats, but not for a Viper. I think the 96-98 Viper wheels are ok, not as nice as the 99-02. One reason that Viper owners may not like the Hellcats (this is my reason as well), is that the center is to large, which then makes the spokes too wide for the Viper. You can't show off the brakes. I do like the way the the lip is cut, a good variation to the 96-98 wheels.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me.

You're telling me you see a big difference between the Centerline Hellcats and the OEM Gen II 17" 5-stars?

They have a near identical star pattern (thicker in the center then thinning as the spoke moves out towards the rim - like a starfish) and they both have ridges along the edge, the only difference being that the Hellcats are inverted!

Of course, you might dislike the OEM wheels as well, but they are very, very close in design to the Hellcats. They are my favorite design, as they are the only ones that have a muscle car look, but unfortunately they only come in 17".

ALL the other OEM designs look like they belong on a Mercedes or BMW. I'll bet if Prada made wheels you girls would jump all over 'em! ;)

well now that you put it that way.

those centerlines are $hit ugly.

happy?