Dyno Results

BoeingMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper club is having a group dyno day next month but I just could not wait untill then to establish a base line on my 100% stock 2001 gts engine. I called the shop that is suppose to do the group dyno to see if he could squeeze me in before then so that I could go ahead and install my exhaust, then bring it back to them on the dyno day and note the differance. Since he was booked solid he could not get me in. I, therefore, went today and had one done at a local performance shop instead.

I asked about the dyno and was told it was a mustang type. I wanted to have my viper done on a "dynojet" type dyno (group dyno day will be done on the dynojet type),but since it wasn't available I figured what the hell and went for it.

Well I don't know, this shop did three runs on it and I am not buying it. These were the results:

HP / TQ
run1- 450 / 515
run2- 458 / 518
run3- 449 / 512

These were max rear wheel values. I kept telling the guy this seems kind of high to me but he said his machine had been calibrated within the last week and that he is certain the numbers were correct.

I am having a hard time accepting these figures.

I am not going to do any mods on my car untill I get another dyno done on a different machine. That is unless you guys tell me these numbers sound corect to you. I'm not holding my breath though.

What do you guys think.

Matt

Reaction score
Agree....seem high for a stock 01....but we'd have to dig through Chris' old dyno posts for a comparo.

I wouldn't lose sleep....do your exhaust and then dyno with the group...your number will be accurate then.

AFTER that, go back to the Mustang and run there again...then compare. That is, of course, if you have the inclination to do all that. :)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they are at the wheels as you say, they are VERY high for a '01.
Not a bad thing of course! :D
But the dyno jet should clear things up, if that's needed!

Hey, but in the meantime, Congrats! :2tu:

G

grcforce327

The name of the dyno was "the make the customer feel good dyno" so the customer will repeat. Bruce

There are places like this WORLDWIDE!!! :D :D :D

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunatly those dyno results are completly worthless to you. Your sole reason was to get a back to back with your mods, and that cant happen.

It must be on the same dyno, at the same location to get a true reading.

PS. You are not going to be happy with post mods results if you go to the other dyno shop. Your best bet to test gain is to go back to this dyno.