EBAY XENON BLUE HEADLIGHTS

FRANK RT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HAS ANYBODY PURCHASED THE BLUE XENON BLUE HEADLIGHT BULBS OR FOG LIGHT BULBS OFF EBAY AND IF SO HOW ARE THEY? ALSO ARE THEY HARD TO INSTALL?

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fog lights go to autozone for 5.99each buy the H3cool blue bulbs, easy install they look great,as far as the headlights either invest in the true HID or dont waste youre money you will not be able to tell the difference between OEM and xenon blue

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FRANKRT/10:
HAS ANYBODY PURCHASED THE BLUE XENON BLUE HEADLIGHT BULBS OR FOG LIGHT BULBS OFF EBAY AND IF SO HOW ARE THEY? ALSO ARE THEY HARD TO INSTALL?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you want to put in some bulbs that allow less light to be transmitted (the blue coating)? Anytime you put something in between a light/bulb and what ever it is shining on, your light output goes down. The fake "blue" hid lights actually scatter the light more making it harder to see and also puts more of a glare into oncoming traffic.

The people & companies that make these are nothing but ****, for they know the truth behind crappy lights like these.

The short wavelength of Blue light means it scatters about 10 times more (by the oxygen and nitrogen molecules it passes through) than longer wavelengths.

That is also why the sky appears blue to us.

Don't buy fake "blue" hid lights! You are making it less safe for the you and the oncoming traffic.

spdrcrj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a similar set of these headlights for my Vette and was extreamly dissappointed. Please, do not waste you money. Im hoping my experience will keep others from making the same mistake. I would recommend Silverstars from Sylvania. I put some Sylvania Cool Blue headlights in my car and love them. The Silverstars are even better. The light is bright, very white and clean. For fog lights, try Street Glow. I use them for my fog lights and love them too. They are very white with a sliiiiiight hint of blue. The headlights and fog lights are a couple of my favorite exterior visual upgrades.
yesnod.gif

Duce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the only one worth your $$$ are the ones offered by Sean.
I had them installed in less than an hour.

rgifford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want real HID lighting call Sean Roe. The kit he has is top notch and very easy to install and is VIPER specific. You can not go wrong with them. Robert

mjguflaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spdrcrj, you seem happy with those Sylvanias. I actually saw those on "Hi-Rev Tuners" last night on Speed (I know, I know, mock me for watching a show about imports) and they seemed pretty cool. They definitely looked brighter on the show. Is there a noticeable difference on the street? Anyone else tried these? Are they available for Vipers? One thing I definitely am not crazy about on the Viper is the factory lights, which don't come close to the lights I had on my old M3. Thanks,

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have put in the Silverstars from Sylvania... They give you a definitely more noticeable white light output and are street legal to boot. They are also not a higher watt bulb so no need to worry about exploding or headlight housing damage.

The thing I like about them is they are not the ricer bulbs that are turn different shades of purple, blue, and yellow depending how you look at them.

Sure, they are not the HIDs from Roe, but IMHO, I think they are worth the $19 from Autozone, NAPA, etc.

mjguflaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jon-Mike for the info. For $20 why not try them out. What about for the fog lights?

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the Silverstars in the lowbeams only. Figured I use the low beams 95% of the time, on top of the fact that I really rarely drive at night.

I have not put anything in the foglights - would be curious if anyone else did and what they thought.

Again, the Silverstars in the low beams have really worked for me for the price. BTW, you will need 9005 ST for any year Viper.

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a set of new HIDs for sale

i have a set of new HIDs for sale, from pacific microlite, the same supplier as roe's kits,

new in box, never used, direct plug in

$500 + shipping, prefer local bay area, let me know if someone is interested

thanks

ting

[email protected]

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: i have a set of new HIDs for sale

I've seen a few threads on HID - what's legal and what's not?

Roe racing says the following "Xenon H.I.D. lamps do not have filaments that can burn out. HID conversions are not DOT approved at this time. Suitable for off road and exhibition use. "

Which tells me they are NOT suitable or legal for on road use. Can anyone point out the facts here?

I'm not real comfortable listening to a bunch of threads when the actual website points out the fact that they are not DOT approved.

?????? :confused: :confused:

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: i have a set of new HIDs for sale

hids on vipers are technically not legal because they were not DOT certified b/c they were not installed, equiped by the factory.

Also HIDs are usually required to have self leveling mechanisms, to prevent from blinding other drivers.

this makes them technically illegal on vipers, but as long as you go with the 4200k's which burn white, not too purple or blue, then you should be fine.

if you ever get pulled over b/c of them, then just tell of officer that they are piaa superwhites, which are dot legal....i doubt they would check for a xenon ballast....besides enough cars come with them that it probably wouldn't surprise the police that vipers had HIDS too.

Ting

I've seen a few threads on HID - what's legal and what's not?

Roe racing says the following "Xenon H.I.D. lamps do not have filaments that can burn out. HID conversions are not DOT approved at this time. Suitable for off road and exhibition use. "

Which tells me they are NOT suitable or legal for on road use. Can anyone point out the facts here?

I'm not real comfortable listening to a bunch of threads when the actual website points out the fact that they are not DOT approved.

?????? :confused: :confused:

Flyng Low

VCA Member
Reaction score
These work well for me...

When I bought my Gen I Viper, the high beams were both burned out. I ordered on eBay a set of "FX H.I.D. Automotive Lamps 5000K XENON WHITE" for the Viper, which consisted of a pair of 9005, a pair 9004 (Wrong!), and a pair H3 fog lights. I put the 9005 into the high beams and love them. They have the same socket as the OEM bulbs and just swap out - takes five minutes if you know how to open the headlight compartment. The bulbs are clear with no blue coating. In use, the lights are powerful and clear white.

The 9004 set did not fit - the base was too large. The Gen I Viper uses 9005 in both high and low beams. I sent then 9004 set back and they sent me another pair of 9005 (they paid postage both ways). I plan to put these into the low beams when I loose one of those. I will also wait for a fog lamp to burn out before putting the new H3 bulbs in since the front bumper has to be removed to get to them. The H3 bulbs are smaller with a different socket and do have the blue color.

These six bulbs cost me about $40 with postage. Why pay more?

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Silverstars from Sylvania on my BMW and they are a step up from stock. But the best is the HID system I have in my Viper. Go with the true HID's and save yourself the hassels.