EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!!

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you know i really hate to even post a thread like this but i feel like it would really work if i could get some of the guys/gals that have been on this site to help me out.

now i think that most people on the board either know me or know of me and know that i am not one to post bogus scams or crap on the web. having said that i need some help.

about 6 months ago i was told by my banker about a young kid named aaron who is very sick. he is the son of a fellow first union employee and they were taking up a collection for him to get a lung transplant. the transplant costs about 110,000 dollars and obviously a good donor. well GOD is the only one who can handle the latter but the money issue is definitely an important obstacle too. aaron fortunately had a pretty good amount of time and has been doing well on the medications while waiting for both the donor and the funds. i have personally contributed a fair amount and we in augusta have had several fund raisers to help him. i think we have raised about 72,000 so far. pretty good i think.

well, i just found out that time is starting to get VERY low. if aaorn were to get a donor right now he would not get the lung because c.o.t.a.(childrens organ transplant assoc.) does not have the funds to pay for the surgery and obviously he is not alone in his illness. there are hundreds of kids waiting for this same procedure. this kid is just your average kid except that instead of dreaming about gears and superchargers and girls he is dreaming about making it another year
You must be registered for see images

okay, get to the point i guess. what i am asking is if you guys/girls would simply write a check for one dollar made out to "C.O.T.A. for Aaron". this IS tax deductable.

please send them to

MGW
4159 mike padgett highway
augusta, ga 30906

thanks alot
george ciamillo
706-793-1770

OP
OP
M

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we probably can but i just would rather all the money go to the fund rather than visa/mc taking 5 percent of the money. also i am not sure about the tax writeoff implications if it is run thru mgw. better to make it directly to cota.

thanks
george

OP
OP
M

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys,

could someone please volunteer to BUMP this thread if it gets too low for awhile

regards
george

Reaction score
Can an auction folder be set-up for charity. My thought is for Tuners, Vendors, VCA, and others to donate items for auction with the funds going to a specific charity, or charity fund managed buy the VCA?

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back to the top George! With a 2 year old healthy son(who already loves vipers and jet planes) and one on the way due this May, to think about these unlucky children makes me feel both sad and selfish about the frivilous spending that I do.

Please forward my donation...and thank you for your kindness and concern!

Tom Welch

"traffic is light on the extra mile"

Reaction score
I have a 22 month old son that had 3 rides in a Viper this afternoon. Pulled in the garage and out of the car seat and within a minute he wanted another ride. He picks up the car cover and looks at the wheels, side sills, etc. With the car cover off he tries (almost can)to reach the electric door button. Kids are wonderful! It made me feel good to have a check cut for Aaron. I hope all goes well!

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've spent more and not even remember what on! If this can make a difference in someone's life, all the more reason to send it.

Glad to help..

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I know we are far away in the UK but a Travellers Cheque is in the post for $20.00 hope it all goes well.

Regards

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUMP! Its stuff like this that puts the rest of our discussions of headers, 1/4 mile times, etc, into perspective. My check is in the mail along with my best wishes!

- Mark ('99 ACR)

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
This thread makes me proud to be an officer (and moderator) of the VCA!

Reaction score
As we grab the keys to our Vipers this weekend, for less than it costs for a gallon of gas in our beloved snake, a contribution to "C.O.T.A for Aaron" will help this child. For the price of a tank full of gas,if you can spare it
we, The Viper Nation, can make a significant difference and feel good about what we have done for this little boy. Please, if you haven't done so yet, take a few minutes and drop a check in the mail. Thanks....

AGAIN:

Make (tax deductable) check payable to: C.O.T.A. for Aaron

Mail in care of: MGW
4159 Mike Padgett Hwy.
Agusta, Ga. 30906

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21