Exhaust venturi?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
old topic? i thought i remembered reading a thread about this, but last night i was searching for it with no luck...
Would you mind posting a link to the related thread Dave?

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are so many variables here. Conditions change weather this thing is needed or not. Like Dave said. They are great for a stock engine. You should also ask if they are so good why do we not see more of them? I guess we put headers on for more power. Either way, I’m blown and my engine works better without it. Jury is still out on this one.

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
update: the exhaust venturi doesn't do ****, and the ultra-flo x muffler is way too big to fit

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no **** on the venturi...lol

if you are taking out the OE muffler out back,m you "should" have the room, got any pics ?

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll take pics later. the ultraflow-x muffler is 25" long, so you'd have to do a lot of fancy welding and bending to get the pipes to fit, AND they'll almost be touching the diff. not worth it.

right now I have an ultraflo welded muffler there, and it sounds great from the outside. just a little too much resonance in the cabin. I made a half-assed video I'm gonna put up. I'll take pics too, it looks stock from the back (using stock tips)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
here's a poor video of what it sounds like now.

I tried straight through mufflers before on other cars, and they did absolutely nothing in terms of reducing drone. I also don't want to restrict the exhaust much more. I'm going to try quieting the car more in the interior

(and I have like 3 sets of extra band clamps from all this trial and error)

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you restrict the exhaust at all? Just buy the Corsa and be done with it. It's the only one that works to eliminate drone AND does not have that perforated mesh. If cash is the issue, then put the stock exhaust back on, and just spend your cash on a metal matrix high flow cat. It'll sound way better than what you have and it will look good. Go on the Corsa website and listen to the exhaust clip.

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why would you restrict the exhaust at all? Just buy the Corsa and be done with it. It's the only one that works to eliminate drone AND does not have that perforated mesh. If cash is the issue, then put the stock exhaust back on, and just spend your cash on a metal matrix high flow cat. It'll sound way better than what you have and it will look good. Go on the Corsa website and listen to the exhaust clip.

I'll get a corsa eventually. I have other priorities right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96