Factory fob boring, MGW to the rescue! (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, gone was the cool remote key fob for the Gen II Viper, the one with Sneaky Pete on it. Instead, we get the generic remotes that are probably standard on most Chrysler products. Kinda boring really. Well, when MGW said they were selling these cool key fobs with built-in lights for the SRT-10 (as well as every other Viper), I had to have one for each set of keys. VERY cool!

You must be registered for see images

The button on the back to turn on the light was not one of those spring-loaded hokey ones I have seen on other lights, but an almost flat rubber circle that was just perfect:

And bright? Holy crap!! These things will darn near light up a room they are so bright. Definitely DO NOT look directly into them, as they will leave you seeing spots for a while (please don't ask me how I know this ;) ). I shot this picture in the dark using the other key fob light from about two feet away:

They are pretty lightweight and really do dress up that key ring. I know they said they also have the Sneaky Pete logo as well as the Fangs logo I went with. The package even said that it comes with a life time(?!) replacement warranty on the battery and the light crystal. Too cool.

It's nice to be able to buy the practical Viper accessory without having to spend a fortune. Thanks MGW!

Chris

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad they can't make a replacement for that Mopar fob.

it is truly a good idea in theory ( believe me we used to make them for the gen 1 and 2 cars) but in reality not a good thing.

encasing the fob in metal renders them basically useless as it shield the signal .even when we skeletonized the fobs to almost nothing it interfered with them to the point where you had to be only a few feet away.

***** :(

chris as usual your photo skills make me wander why the hell you are not working for an ad firm or better yet VIPER MAGAZINE :cool:

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess what I really want is a Viper key that works like the Lexus & BMW keys- no fob needed. Then I would be happy to add that really cool light fob.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, the key for the Pacifica is just like you mentioned. buttons on the key itself. I have no idea what allows it there and not elsewhere. Possibly cost. If so maybe they should offer it as an option.

Anyone able to check with a dealer to see if a Pacifica key can be programmed to work on a Viper? You would lose the unique snake key, but also the big fob.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang