First Time Viper Owner- Hennessey 500

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heath... In October a car club I am a member of here in Miami (open club - no particular make/model) are heading up to Tennessee for a week. One of the days we are there we will be heading to Bowling Green to hit the Corvette factory. I'll be heading up with the Viper. You should head out to meet us!

Lol... We are coming up from Pigeon Forge and it'll take us about 4 hours to get there... I think you are 4 hours out as well but in the other direction..

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of our UK members used to own a Venom 5OO,
This was done a few years ago but here's some dyno figures from a Club dyno day. Good to see what you're up against :)

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
21bubba- Yeah, I am about 3 or 3.5 hrs from you.

Luisv- I am about 4-5 hours from BG and the road isnt very good. I was on a short stretch of that road the other day and I said I would never drive it again. lol Pigeon Forge may be closer. If you could get me some info on it I could appreciate it!

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fatboy- I am going to have to get mine on a dyno. There is a performance shop with a dyno about an hour away from here. I may have to take it there.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do take the car on a Dyno make sure they tie the car down on the frame, NOT the rear aluminum wishbones. These have been known to fracture ;)

If you look under the rear of the car you will find some slots in the rear frame they can Hook onto. ;)

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will do that! Do the Viper specs in Europe differ from the ones in the US?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Very nice color scheme, Heath1225...CONGRATS !!

As I recall, we have had a couple of IN/KY VCA Members from Prestonburg...though that was several years ago. There are more Members in the Lexington and Frankfort area.

Feel free to attend ANY of our events...most of which are posted in the IN/KY Regional section.

Again, CONGRATS !!

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve-

I will have to do that! I think I know who the Viper owners are in Prestonsburg. There a few.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will do that! Do the Viper specs in Europe differ from the ones in the US?
Yes, The Chrysler Viper had slightly different specs to the Dodge Viper sold in the USA, They were running a slightly different exhaust system and tune (i think). Viper Baz UK knows the full spec. Our fuel is of a different Octane to yours too

Regular Unleaded over here is 95 and Super is 97 or 98 octane. I run my car on regular, seems to work just fine. I know the writing is a little small on that uk Dyno board, but it gives you an Idea of what people are running with what mods ;)

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve-Indy-

I have some questions. How should I go about contacting you?