Flames from the exhaust?

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok maybe i should know this but im not really sure. Ive seen on youtube and streetfire videos where vipers have flames come out the exhaust tips when shifting at high rpm or by just pushing in the clutch and reving. How is this made possible and is it bad for the car or the exhuast. I'm sure its some sort of extra fuel being burnt off. I think it looks pretty neat but i dont know if it would be bad for my car. Thanks

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Removing the cats will do it.

Ok maybe i should know this but im not really sure. Ive seen on youtube and streetfire videos where vipers have flames come out the exhaust tips when shifting at high rpm or by just pushing in the clutch and reving. How is this made possible and is it bad for the car or the exhuast. I'm sure its some sort of extra fuel being burnt off. I think it looks pretty neat but i dont know if it would be bad for my car. Thanks

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine will do it at WOT shifts, even with high-flow cats on it. Just a rich condition, excess fuel getting burnt off.

OP
OP
S

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys i kinda thoguht thats how it happend. I asked bc i actually just bougtht a mopar race exhaust which has no cats/. Has anyone experienced melted plastic or schorched paint like shoot said above. If so maybe i should get a set of high flows to cut back some.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marshmellows anyone?

DS2_1555.JPG
http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/DS2_1555.JPG

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just put the mopar race exhaust and mopar computer in my friends viper and it shoots flames

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced melted plastic or schorched paint like shoot said above. If so maybe i should get a set of high flows to cut back some.

I haven't, although when I added vortex cones to my exhaust, it cut down on the flames a lot.

CHAOS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is how it is done, you get to speed and then turn off the ignition so the engine shuts off, turn the key back to on and pump the gas... Hit the red button and voila', a home made flame thrower!:headbang:

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is how it is done, you get to speed and then turn off the ignition so the engine shuts off, turn the key back to on and pump the gas... Hit the red button and voila', a home made flame thrower!:headbang:

Are you serious... then when you start it it will back fire and destroy the exhaust or split something.. Great choice..

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL, can Mark Jorgensen chime in on this? Why would the ECU even allow for fuel to be sprayed into the cylinder, when the engine isn't even running? Sorry if this is common knoledge to everyone else.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The setup I had was a spark plug in the tail pipe. You missed or skipped a cylinder so raw fuel mixture dumped into the exhaust... The plug lit it up and it looked bad a$$, shooting flames 12-18".... Not that it was good for anything else...

Fun though.. Good times,
=J