Floor Jack

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you make a set of ramps out of 2x10's or 2x12's and you can use any jack you like period. The wood is cheap. Deck screws are cheap too. Took me about 30 minutes to make my ramps. Best of all I took some 2x10's from when my house was being built...so my ramps were almost free...

You'll pay 3 to 4 times for a low profile jack as you would a normal 2 1/2 ton etc. Unless you have money to burn a low profile jack is a waste of $$$$.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
harbor freight has an alum. jack that will fit under the viper for less than 200$ it is a nice piece!

Reaction score
Call PDI, They will be happy to take you $$. When I purchased the jack 5 years ago $800.00, for an Al racing jack, was a good price.

If it works for you, stick with the wood blocks.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call PDI, They will be happy to take you $$. When I purchased the jack 5 years ago $800.00, for an Al racing jack, was a good price.

If it works for you, stick with the wood blocks.

Everytime I use those wood blocks I marvel at the fact that I potentially saved $800 for a low profile jack....

Flyng Low

VCA Member
Reaction score
Where is this "Internet coupon"? All I see is the $179 price. I'm ready to order one, but saving another $20 would be nice. I'll even give a commission to anyone that can tell me exactly how to get the $159 price today.

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no internet coupon. Best price online is $169 + $5.95 handling. There is a $10 email coupon for store purchases but prices are usually higher at their stores and then you have to pay sales tax as well. Red and blue ones are $20 more. See earlier post on this a few days ago for how to order online to get best price...

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wood ramps and blocks are fine, but hauling the 90 pound version up the driveway and into the trailer every trip is a major PITA. THAT'S why you get a lightweight jack.

We LOVE our version we got at Costco - seems to be very high quality. ($239) Bought 5 more for club members...

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting the COSTCO Al jack is $279.00, on the other coast.

This post started requesting info for a good floor jack, not a good wood block size.

Fred,

It's people like you who bolster the economy. We actually need more people like you. Keep recommending and buying those $800 jacks...especially now with our failing economy!

Say, did you ever work for the government in the purchasing department where they spend $500 for toilet seats?

P.S. Janni...if it is a major PITA bringing the jack in and out of the house garage into the enclosed trailer, just buy a $45 jack (2 1/2 ton) from Harbor Freight and KEEP it in the enclosed trailer. Harbor Freight jacks are decent - I have owned one for over 10 years now and it has never failed me.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to turn this into a ******* match, but if its any of your business, we take everything out of the trailer to prevent theft and exposure to high humidity changes. And with a large (heavy) jack at the track, it's still too heavy for me to cart around the pits, thankyouverymuch....

andymo1972

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased the aluminum floor jack from Harbor Freight for less than $160 out the door at a local store. I had a $10 off coupon that could be used in a retail store only (expires today btw) and a printout of the $159 online price. My store honored the online price and gave me the additional $10 off without any hassles. It is a good product and well worth the price.

Andy
97 GTS

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The $159 price add says good at retail stores... at the bottom of the add (doesn't mention online) I get the $10 coupons every few weeks, but the $159 add runs out TODAY.

Reaction score
Frank,

The wood blocks work. No question about that. Many of us have used blocks/ramps to accommodate a std floor jack.

But again that was not the question-

"Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good floor jack for the Viper that is low enough and where to find one. I live in New York, Long Island.

Regards,
BR"

Is there something you do not understand or comprehend about this question?

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. I paid $400 for my aluminum jack 2 years ago and it was a major deal at the time - $160 seems like a heck of a price. I had to start using wood ramps for my car after I lowered it a bit with the Eibach springs - the 3.5" jack height is now just a bit too high.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a Harbor Freight AL jack a couple weeks ago and love it....I actually havent used it on the Viper yet....glad to hear it will fit under it.
Such a deal...
Cheers,

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Floor Jack

Fred,

I don't understand why a person would spend $800 on any jack. Is it 14K gold plated? Do people have money to burn? Does it make people feel like someone on the Petty pit crew?

I'd love to see the look on my father's face after I would explain to him that I spent $800 on a jack. He would probably slap me in the head and then tell me that I was a JACK-[******] for spending that kind of money on something that stupid. Hell, you can buy a used 2 post auto lift for a grand these days!

I thought that spending $300 on a Lincoln jack for my shop was high...let alone twice that for a so called racing jack made in Asia? Japanese jacks are only worth $75-$100 at best...I have one I must admit but paid next to nothing for it.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Frank Indriso,
I don't understand why you are discussing anybody's spending habits when your own email is a public school's domain name. Do the taxpayers of Sewell, NJ, or residents of Blackwood, NJ, know that their Orchard Valley Middle School librarian is engaging in an ethnically biased discussion at their expense? Talk about cheap... and stupid.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

Are you happy now? Now, why don't you remove that American flag next to your license plate my friend...I don't think you deserve to have it on your Viper.
Do you think you are slick posting my name etc.? Did you get your cookies my friend? Do you think I care? Would you like my phone number? Better yet, would you like to stop by my house? I'd love that! Come'on over Tommy!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I happy? I am, and was before your posts.
Do I think I'm slick? No, but I try to be helpful.
Do I think you care? Yes, since you can't help but reply.
Do I want your number? Have it already.
Visit your house? No, but thanks.

Question for you: are you being constructive? You've insulted Janni, Fred, and soon me, only to joust about the cost of a floor jack. Hmmmmm.....

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lights out on Bowdoin Lane in Wappingers Falls? Close enough? Nightey night...See you hopefully in June at the Mopars at E-town! I'll be looking for you and that nice black Gen 1 with the Ny plates...maybe we can have lunch! :p

Reaction score
Frank,

Your contribution to the topic is what?

FYI, My $800.00 was made(machined out of Aluminum) in the USA that is likely why it was that expensive. And again 5 years ago there were fewer suppliers and the one I found made Racing Jacks (including NASCAR teams) one or three pump.

When doing track events time is important to me. Without a pit crew, (ort the services of the Archers offered at ViperDays) changing tires, brake pads or bleeding brakes using blocks of wood and a 100 pound 10 pump jack is much less convenient than a 36 pound three pump jack. When considering the cost of a spare set of wheels and tires and consumption of same as well as brake pads and 100 octane fuel for a weekend. The $800.00 at the time was well worth the time and convenience and a part of a track weekend.

As repeated several times, acknowledge that the block solution works, but that was not the question.

Your post do make me smile, I am not sure what your dad would do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang