Fog Lights!!...Anyone?!?

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just received my latest copy of the Viper Magazine ( Whoopie!! )......Not sure if I'm in the minority on this question; but during that online chat forum with the guys from SRT; they stated that their reasoning for not adding fog lights to the new Viper was because it wasn't needed due to the built in running daytime lamps. I didn't really agree with that statement but I understood their logic. But as I gaze at the latest issue of the Viper Magazine, I notice the New GTS-R Model has fog lights. If anyone wants to know what the New Viper will look like with fog lights; just take a look at the GTS-R in the latest Viper Magazine ( Sooo ****!! ). Not sure if it's me..but does it make sense to put fogs on the GTS-R and not put them on the SRT-10 and GTS Models....Any input on this would be appreciated. I hope the guys from SRT are watching cause they may want to consider putting fog lights on the 2014 models......I know I'm beating a dead horse but fog lights shouldn't be an option on a 100k car, just wondering if anyone felt the same way......

You must be registered for see images attach

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for me, glad they are gone. they were needed to fill a dead spot in the car design. now we have a functional scoop in that spot instead that has a purpose. The racecar requires them for night racing. so, my opinion, please do not put them on the street cars.

OP
OP
J

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If night racing is your logic behind fogs on the GTS-R model.. Then it's safe to assume that no one will be driving or racing their SRT-10 or GTS models at night.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, They missed the boat by removing the Fog lights, Night vision is greatly enhanced as well as the over all Front apperance is greatly improved. I am not liking the front end of the new car as i feel they are missing something, But from the fenders back, Its Great, But i am open minded and will wait to cast judgement until I see it in person rather than pictures on the net.:D:D

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the fogs and front fascia on the GTSR about oh, a million times better than the street car. I just hope someone in the aftermarket will create that look quickly for us.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
IMHO, the Gen5 looks more like a snake than any other generation, partly because it does not have fog lights.

But it is a matter of taste, afterall. Maybe they could be a no-cost option for those who want them.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me that they are gone. Not that I'm glad they are gone just welcoming the change. :) it new and fresh and I like it.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I personally can't live without foglights on my Vipers. They are so low, they light up the road and increase the viewing angle dramatically. I sometimes drive the GTS with foglights only by accident and am amazed how well they work. And they do look good on any Viper. They are kind of disappearing on other cars though.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno, I think some guys forget when they really disappeared.....................Gen 4 ACR. Arguably the baddest looking Viper so far. I don't miss 'em on mine and no one seems to think the car does not look aggressive. In fact I don't think I have ever read a post here about the fact that there were no fogs on the ACR and that anyone was upset about it.

Anyway I don't miss them on mine and never even thought of adding them back. I actually think it would soften the looks of the ACR to have them.

IMG_3169.jpg

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
If the new car looked as aggressive as a Gen IV ACR it might not matter to most. But it doesn't, and judging by the majority of post's, the GTSR WITH the foglights is the look people want.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually Lee the Gen II ACR was without foglights -- except in Canada. Funny , but folks actually wanted to remove them back then to get the ACR look. Regardless of the design folks will go both ways. I like the function of more air going to the brakes ,etc., so I can live without the fog lights.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT stated that Mopar is working on Fog lights. I could go either way, but prefer the cooling feature VS the lighting.

Bruce

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW here are some pics I took at the reveal in soho. I like the direction the street car is headed. No fogs. But to each there own.

CIMG29671.JPG

CIMG29691.JPG

CIMG29621.JPG

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fog Lights for me, And a colour painted front Grille, I hate that ********* hole :( Its really not doing it for me. I showed my wife the pics of the new car in the magazine, she said she liked the look of a Corvette better! :omg:
I know, I know,......She needs help :D

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen II ACR, no fogs and prefer the look. On the Gen IV race car, the fogs look good, but I actually think it's the overall wide stance of the car that is striking.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the LED's they said there is no point for the fog lights. So they would just add more weight and be useless.

If there isn't a purpose for them would you guys still want them? Thats like a mustang GT hood scoop, looks cool but doesn't do anything.

EDIT: Thinking about it, if they don't do anything then The race car wouldn't have it. Anyways I like the GTSR facia but I like the no fog lights look.

Gunman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At top speed down the mulsanne, you need as much light as you can get. Brake inlets in that location wouldn't be that efficient either, since the air would have to turn inboard to get to the inside of the tire, making the path "S" shaped, instead of "L" shaped.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery