Gen2 Exterior Appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopard150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to start off by saying that I love the body style of the Gen2 Viper. Thats why I brought one.

I am trying to find some cosmetic items that I could do to the outside and inside of the Viper to make mine look different then the one that I might park next too. Can anyone point me in a direction to find items or does anyone have any comments such as this is good or donlt do/use this items etc...?

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the the cars that guys have changed the color of the badges. Simple enough mod if you've got a steady hand.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just want to start off by saying that I love the body style of the Gen2 Viper. Thats why I brought one.

I am trying to find some cosmetic items that I could do to the outside and inside of the Viper to make mine look different then the one that I might park next too. Can anyone point me in a direction to find items or does anyone have any comments such as this is good or donlt do/use this items etc...?

LONG-TIME VCA ADVERTISORS AND VENDORS ABOUND:

Dont forget: MGW LTD., INC. - CNC Machined and Turned Parts. Accessories for the Corvette, Mustang, and Viper I have NEVER had a customer with a complaint about their quality or service...... they have umpteen doodads for interior. And beware MGW knockoffs at another store

Also RealWheels Truck, Car and SUV Parts and Accessories has stuff! Dont be confused by cheaper, thinner knock-offs of their products at another store.

Also try Zero Altitude Flight - Home, they have very nice products, been around for many years...... beware cheaper lookalikes from a newer store

Of Course, Online Shopping - Home carries all the product lines from Snake Oyl, AutoForm, MGW, RealWheels, ZAF, etc........we just sell it for LESS!

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon also has excellent advice on which pieces are the best choices.

I bought a TPMS, VR1 wheels, PS2 tires, 14" front brakes, Venim rear spoiler, Roe Racing front faxcia spoiler, Eibach springs, Premeire BT stereo & Hertz speakers, MGM knob, Hurst short shifter, Digital tach with shiftlight, SRX built-in radar detector, Roe sc, Headers, Corsa track exhaust, nice Viper floor mats with Viper cargo cover (GTS). It's a Sapphire/silver GTS car and being one of 40something it's not very similar to many cars. But int, sound, ride height, side front and rear view are all altered for the better.

Since you have a Viper there's not many cars similar to yours, unless it's red. Wheels, Wings, exhaust and seatcovers made a huge difference in how the car looks and sounds.

Ted

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon also has excellent advice on which pieces are the best choices.

I bought a TPMS, VR1 wheels, PS2 tires, 14" front brakes, Venim rear spoiler, Roe Racing front faxcia spoiler, Eibach springs, Premeire BT stereo & Hertz speakers, MGM knob, Hurst short shifter, Digital tach with shiftlight, SRX built-in radar detector, Roe sc, Headers, Corsa track exhaust, nice Viper floor mats with Viper cargo cover (GTS). It's a Sapphire/silver GTS car and being one of 40something it's not very similar to many cars. But int, sound, ride height, side front and rear view are all altered for the better.

Since you have a Viper there's not many cars similar to yours, unless it's red. Wheels, Wings, exhaust and seatcovers made a huge difference in how the car looks and sounds.

Ted

Where did you mount that tach?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On top of the steering column. It's a perfect fit. The water/**** injection LED and the LED for the built in radar detector are mounted in the bracket where they've easy to see.

Ted

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,
thanks for posting those sites up.
I've never seen those before. It's nice to see other, lesser known vendors on here. Sometimes I think our highstrung moderators get a little over-protective and don't allow anyone to post the names of places they've bought good products from just because they didn't get a kick-back from them.

The previous owner of my car must have known about MGW and zero altitude though, because I've got their stuff all over my car :rolaugh:

V

Venomiss

JonB,
I've never seen those before. It's nice to see other, lesser known vendors on here. Sometimes I think our highstrung moderators get a little over-protective and don't allow anyone to post the names of places they've bought good products from just because they didn't get a kick-back from them.

The previous owner of my car must have known about MGW and zero altitude though, because I've got their stuff all over my car :rolaugh:

You must have missed all those previous posts for those vendors.
MGW is even listed in the illustrated section.:D

Don't forget new vendors like this one.;)
http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...wheel-tire-deals-ends-november-30-2008-a.html
Choices are very good to have.

Here's another for you.
http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...s-bfg-michelin-nitto-pirelli-falken-more.html

Last edited by a moderator:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must have missed all those previous posts for those vendors.
MGW is even listed in the illustrated section.:D

Don't forget new vendors like this one.;)
http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...wheel-tire-deals-ends-november-30-2008-a.html
Choices are very good to have.

Here's another for you.
http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...s-bfg-michelin-nitto-pirelli-falken-more.html
I've heard of MGW, just never seen anyone post a link before

and those links are posted by a sponsoring vendor

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had this list put together LONG before I ever had my car. Not all are aesthetic or exterior mods, but you can get Viper stuff from any of these people. Sorry about any repeats or anyone I left out; this is just my list I've compiled over the last few years.

Alan's Performance
Alans Performance

American Racing Technology (A.R.T.)
American Racing Technology - Viper Products

AP Engineering
AVOID THIS:

Archer Racing
Archer Racing Accessories Duluth, MN (218) 727-4806

Autoform
Autoform Group - Home

AutoVation
Dodge Viper

BTR Performance
BTR Viper Performance

Dave's Big Brakes
http://www.davesbigbrakes.com

Don Scharf Automotive
Don Scharf Auto

JMB Performance
JMB Performance & Powdercoat, LLC

MGW
MGW LTD., INC. - Viper Accessories

Parts Rack
Online Shopping - Home

R&J Distributing
R&J Distributing | Welcome To R&J's VIPER World

Roe Racing
Roe Racing Viper Performance Parts

Hennessey Performance
Hennessey Performance Engineering - Home Page

Snake Oyl
Snake-Oyl Products :: Dodge Viper Products, Parts, Accessories

SVS
SVS

SRP Racing
Sullivan Racing Products. Viper

Underground Racing
Twin Turbo, Supercharger, Viper, Lambo, Fort GT - Underground Racing

U.S. Speed
Dodge Viper Floor Mats With Custom Embroidery: U.S. SPEED

Venzano
|| Welcome to Venzano Viper || Vehicles ||

Viper Parts Larry
Dodge Viper Parts Larry

Viper Specialty Performance
VSP Home

The Viper Store
The Viper Store Accessories and parts for your Viper

West Coast Viper
West Coast Viper

X2 Builders
X2 Builders - wrecked dodge vipers for sale

XVipers
XVIPERS : Home

V

Venomiss

That's a great list and will be very helpful. Thank you!:)

I had this list put together LONG before I ever had my car. Not all are aesthetic or exterior mods, but you can get Viper stuff from any of these people. Sorry about any repeats or anyone I left out; this is just my list I've compiled over the last few years.

Alan's Performance
Alans Performance

American Racing Technology (A.R.T.)
American Racing Technology - Viper Products

AP Engineering
AVOID THIS:

Archer Racing
Archer Racing Accessories Duluth, MN (218) 727-4806

Autoform
Autoform Group - Home

AutoVation
Dodge Viper

BTR Performance
BTR Viper Performance

Dave's Big Brakes
http://www.davesbigbrakes.com

Don Scharf Automotive
Don Scharf Auto

JMB Performance
JMB Performance & Powdercoat, LLC

MGW
MGW LTD., INC. - Viper Accessories

Parts Rack
Online Shopping - Home

R&J Distributing
R&J Distributing | Welcome To R&J's VIPER World

Roe Racing
Roe Racing Viper Performance Parts

Hennessey Performance
Hennessey Performance Engineering - Home Page

Snake Oyl
Snake-Oyl Products :: Dodge Viper Products, Parts, Accessories

SVS
SVS

SRP Racing
Sullivan Racing Products. Viper

Underground Racing
Twin Turbo, Supercharger, Viper, Lambo, Fort GT - Underground Racing

U.S. Speed
Dodge Viper Floor Mats With Custom Embroidery: U.S. SPEED

Venzano
|| Welcome to Venzano Viper || Vehicles ||

Viper Parts Larry
Dodge Viper Parts Larry

Viper Specialty Performance
VSP Home

The Viper Store
The Viper Store Accessories and parts for your Viper

West Coast Viper
West Coast Viper

X2 Builders
X2 Builders - wrecked dodge vipers for sale

XVipers
XVIPERS : Home

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have recently purchased (bought bone stock) '98 Gen II RT/10 and have just started doing things.

First thing I did was add some of the MGW billet aluminum pieces for the interior...I think a few mentioned it above. I added:

- Ash tray
- Heater control knobs
- Cigarette lighter - Sneaky Pete
- Glove box door with matching red logo

Here is a pic (sorry, not that clear):
You must be registered for see images attach

Also, picked up seat belt shoulder pads from Snake Oyl Products:

That's it so far for appearance items.

Hope that helps.

Peter

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted....saw your little "dig" on red.....it maybe true, but I happen to find red Vipers one of the most attractive.:headbang:

Obviously, color is a personal taste issue.:eater:

For me, regardless of color, its a Viper and that says it all!:2tu:

Btw, my wife prefers the gray.:D

Peter

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,

That's one of the most insulting things I ever read here. Everyone that works on this site is an UNPAID volunteer and a Viper owner and VCA Member like you. To imply that someone is getting kickbacks is pretty serious slander.
To imply that we are overprotective shows a complete lack of comprehension about how expensive it is to maintain a site like this AND to keep it free from irritating internet ads.
Look around, do you see any popup ads, google ads, or those really irritating underline things? No, because we refuse to clutter up the site with them even though they make a bunch of money. They also REALLY slow a site down.
This site survives entirely on advertising revenue, both from vendors and classified ads. The classifed ads are free for VCA member, thereby narrowing the margin we can collect even further.
If we let every vendor who came here post about his products for free no one would pay us a cent. Ironically the first time we remove such a post from a vendor it usually results in the vendor becoming a site supporter, it's really not that expensive.
And if we let every guy who loved a product or a dealer post about that vendor the same thing would happen, and we encounter "shills" for dealers and vendors who don't want to pay every day.
Let me assure you, when we see something about a NEW product or vendor we go after them agressively to get them to be a site supporter, do we let little startup guys slide once in a while because they can't afford it yet and they have a great product?....sure. Do we let a known vendor who has been around a long time and is charging large "viper tax" on his items and has refused to contribute here get free exposure....no.
And as far as highstrung, I'll tell you about highstrung, if you ever imply again that anyone is taking kickbacks then THIS highstrung moderator will react to that comment like the personal attack it really is against all of us.
And don't even think about replying, or debating this. If you want to clarify, apologize or whatever do it by pm. :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant