got to drive it today but

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well this weekend i got to sit and drive one heres my review.

comfort: its not as bad as people say it drives nice no Mercedes by any means thou it feels like your driving a race car and it does get very hot the viper i got to drive the ac was wasn't working so it got hot and sweaty quick especially in 90 degree weather and its very small on the inside there also isnt any storage room anywhere exept for the ridiculous cubby in the middle but i still love the car lol.

power: its fast it has great power but i was expecting it to be a little faster especially with all the gas it uses 8 mpg cruising.

looks: ooh man this things gets looks everywhere i had some guy fallow me for 5 miles taking pics its just an awesome car to behold it just looks exotic.

comutting: hell no this thing is terrible on gas it uncomfortable especially for me being 6'3 and 270lbs and i couldnt handle all the attention of cars crashing around me taking pictures lol.the thing that got to me was all of the bad looks on the faces of the young guys i was getting while driving they had the i wanna key your car look on there face for some reason.

final word: I have decided not to get it instead im going with the 03-04 zo6 because its easier to drive and it gets great gas mileage plus its almost as fast the viper only draw back are the looks of the vette arent going to get you laid any time soon.:(

but i will get a viper its just not for me right now maybe sometime early next year i will have a viper in my garage. i wish could drive the viper to campus it would be a chick magnet but im to anal about anybody touching my car and i would rather have them key the z06 vs the viper.:2tu:

We all told you this a long time ago. These cars are not Corvettes. Corvettes are for old "average Joe" bald guys that want the creature comforts a "good enough" sports car has to offer. Sure the Z06 is almost as fast and easier to drive, but in the end its still a C5 corvette. It has a garbage interior, "ok" lines, mediocre looks and you will be waving every 20 seconds to the other 100,000+ Corvettes you see on the road.

Just as an example: Three weeks ago me and a bunch of college buddies got together in Raleigh, NC. One has an 02 Yellow Z06. Now, during our cruising around the area in our convoy of 10 or so cars...take a guess as to which car every single person (old, young, *********, ugly chick) was bending their neck to check out....thats right the Viper. :usa:

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
okIcankindaseeyurpoint 90degreez witno AC ina viper canbehot goaheadand injoyyurvette we reely dont giva ratsazz bout yur opinun. Gud lukwit kaledge.

DrDJ

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I certainly don't take any of your 'review' as Viper bashing. Everybody forms their own conclusions about this car, and you're entitled to yours (even though, as you can see, your opinions aren't too popular here). I think it's pretty mature of you to decide that it's not the car for you (whatever the reason) rather than being blinded by the 'cool factor' and regretting your purchase.

I'm a big guy too (6'4, 255 lbs) and like you, I think this would not be a fantastic daily driver *for me*. Not because it gets bad gas mileage (because really, it doesn't unless you live with your foot to the floor) or is hard to drive (the Viper commands your attention but is FAR from hard to drive) or is uncomfortable from a ride quality standpoint (although my '01 ACR is probably stiffer than anything you've ever ridden in), but because at 6'4", it's hard to get in an out of, my knee hits the headlight switch bezel when I shift unless I sit up really straight in my seat (and then my head is up in the bubble) and I find my visibility limited by my high sightline in the cockpit.

All that said, for a weekend / event car, the Viper absolutely rocks and I plan on owning mine until they have to dig it out of my grave because I was buried in it.

There is a car for you out there. It may be the Vette, it may be something like a Charger SRT8 (I have an '07 Superbee, and let me tell you it's comfy, it's FAST, and for a sedan, it handles like a sports car. ) Check it out, and good luck with your shopping!

OP
OP
P

pugads651

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't bashing the viper it is a great car its just to small for me if i could pay to make my self smaller i would but i cant.:( but this Saturday i will be going down to check out a srt10 if its a little bigger on the inside ill skip on z06.

btw didn't want to make anybody mad here just sharing my opinion and is my spelling really that bad.:rolaugh:

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love you guys!!!
After a crappy day at work, I can always count on you guys(and Gals) to bring a smile to this tired old face... :D

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't bashing the viper it is a great car its just to small for me if i could pay to make my self smaller i would but i cant.:( but this Saturday i will be going down to check out a srt10 if its a little bigger on the inside ill skip on z06.

btw didn't want to make anybody mad here just sharing my opinion and is my spelling really that bad.:rolaugh:

We were just better preparing you for the Alley. :rolaugh:

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have a pic of my car (Fury) when I was 20 years old.. to be honest I loved it, talk about a big back seat.. and my wife sure remembers the car 20 years ago..

You must be registered for see images

If I had a Viper back then.. I doubt I wouldn't have snagged such a great wife. btw, her current toy is a Corvette.

OP
OP
P

pugads651

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well im checking out a 2004 srt10 on saturday and if its any bigger than the gts i will be skipping on the z06 and the srt10 looks like a better deal than the gts.

the guy wih the gts wanted 38k and the srt10 im checking out on saturday wants 44k but it only has 8k miles.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well im checking out a 2004 srt10 on saturday and if its any bigger than the gts i will be skipping on the z06 and the srt10 looks like a better deal than the gts.

the guy wih the gts wanted 38k and the srt10 im checking out on saturday wants 44k but it only has 8k miles.

News for you... the SRT sits more snug than the GTS.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do everyone a favor and buy the Corvette.

danfromohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you are in college and can buy a $44,000 car, I picked the wrong major!:omg:

Whoaa

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Pay jenny craig to make you smaller! What purpose does coming you coming onto the forum and writing up your ingenious review of a car that 90% of us on the forum already own? I say bypass the corvette and just buy the cavalier, i hear that will get far better gas mileage than a vette anyway not to mention cheap insurance.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a friendly reminder, since some of these replies are getting a little personal....

2. Personal assaults, threats, stalking, promotion or suggestions of illegal activity, use of copyrighted material, fraudulent statements, or comments derogatory to any social group or individual will be subject to deletion.

3. Posts attacking other posters rather than disagreeing with the post will be subject to deletion.

You don't have to agree, but you need to be civil....please. :D

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay jenny craig to make you smaller! What purpose does coming you coming onto the forum and writing up your ingenious review of a car that 90% of us on the forum already own? I say bypass the corvette and just buy the cavalier, i hear that will get far better gas mileage than a vette anyway not to mention cheap insurance.

[Legitimate question] Are you a Viper owner? [/Legitimate question]. I checked your profile to see since you're listed as 'Enthusiast' and not 'Viper Owner', and the VIN you list doesn't jive with the standard Viper VIN encoding. If you are a Viper owner, can you update that and let me know? I'll update your title to Viper Owner if appropriate.

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the fact that the Viperclub.org has got some teeth to it.

Damn time!

I think he should buy a Corvette, it is a better fit. Vipers are only for a few, thank gawd for that.

OP
OP
P

pugads651

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got back from checking out the srt10 for those who are interested in what i think i will post my review.

comfort: a little stiff but doesnt feel loose like other convertible cars ive i really like it.

power: way more than i need.

space: little bigger than the gts and it has a cup holder plus it s easier to get in out of the car.

looks: its about the same as the gts they both look fantastic but if i had to choose between them id go with the gts.

conclusion: im going with the srt10 but im going to wait till fall so i can get a better deal and work on my spelling like some of you suggested.:2tu:

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm calling Bull Shi- on pugsy.....Where is the guy with the 8k 04 asking 44.......get your 97 Corrola and be gone.

Whoaa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[Legitimate question] Are you a Viper owner? [/Legitimate question]. I checked your profile to see since you're listed as 'Enthusiast' and not 'Viper Owner', and the VIN you list doesn't jive with the standard Viper VIN encoding. If you are a Viper owner, can you update that and let me know? I'll update your title to Viper Owner if appropriate.

it jives with the european vin encoding. Car is orignally from UK.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got back from checking out the srt10 for those who are interested in what i think i will post my review.

comfort: a little stiff but doesnt feel loose like other convertible cars ive i really like it.

power: way more than i need.

space: little bigger than the gts and it has a cup holder plus it s easier to get in out of the car.

looks: its about the same as the gts they both look fantastic but if i had to choose between them id go with the gts.

conclusion: im going with the srt10 but im going to wait till fall so i can get a better deal and work on my spelling like some of you suggested.:2tu:
First the GTS was not as fast as you thought it would be, now the SRT is way more power than you need?

Of all the things the SRT is better than a GTS, you point out cup holders... don't let 2VChuck see this. :D

OP
OP
P

pugads651

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think that gts was running right the guy that let me test it out had it in storage for about a year and i was the first to drive it plus it hesitated and the idle fluctuated from 600-1000 rpm every once in while. so i think this one wasn't operating at 100%.

the srt10 just drove alot better than the ragged out gts that i got to drive the brakes had a better feel to them and it ran great never skipped a beat plus the cabin is a little more comfortable to be in daily driving situations.

and the cup holder was awesome.:2tu:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The more I read this thread the more I think one of our bretheren over on the other board (where my alter ego likes to hang out) is pulling a fast one on us.

-Someone got a set of headers they want to let go for cheap, I need to mod the car more, I'm getting bored. :flowers: