GTO and Honda CBR 600

Got-Busa?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they both have less hp AND more weight then the new R1 or GSXR 1000 thats funny suzuki's liter bike is faster then their 1300 busa who made that choice??

busa will beat the gsxr1000 in top speed by 4 Mph but by that time the Gsxr would be so far ahead it wouldent not even matter.

R1 the Raven edition has 186Hp at only 379 pounds

Busa has 167Hp and weights 488 pounds

GRXR has 176Hp and weights 388 pounds

Where are you getting your numbers from because you are way off! :2tu:

Yamaha's claims are with the effects of RAM-AIR factored in. And since you are claiming crank numbers for the R1, you may as well use crank numbers for the others. The RAVEN is no different than any other R1, it's only a color option and it's still rated at a BS 180HP which can be verifyed when put on any dyno.

FYI, the Busa is rated a 175HP without RAM-AIR factored in like Yamy... :rolleyes:

The new liter bikes are all lighter than the Busa so I won't bother with all your quotes of DRY weight (No fuel, oil, coolant,etc..). The bikes won't even run at 388lbs... :eek:

The bikes are very close under 150 but with equal riders and everything else, the BUSA walks away from ALL at 150+. We'll see what happens when the ZX-14 comes out but it isn't looking good for the BUSA. :eek:

Maybe that will force Suzuki to get off there asses and do something with the unchanged 8-year old design. It's going to turn into another V-MAX if they don't step up. :(

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about just lock the thread, since it is a complete pile of crap. It turned to crap around the very first post...

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they both have less hp AND more weight then the new R1 or GSXR 1000 thats funny suzuki's liter bike is faster then their 1300 busa who made that choice??

busa will beat the gsxr1000 in top speed by 4 Mph but by that time the Gsxr would be so far ahead it wouldent not even matter.

Yamaha's claims are with the effects of RAM-AIR factored in. And since you are claiming crank numbers for the R1, you may as well use crank numbers for the others. The RAVEN is no different than any other R1, it's only a color option and it's still rated at a BS 180HP which can be verifyed when put on any dyno.

FYI, the Busa is rated a 175HP without RAM-AIR factored in like Yamy... :rolleyes:

The new liter bikes are all lighter than the Busa so I won't bother with all your quotes of DRY weight (No fuel, oil, coolant,etc..). The bikes won't even run at 388lbs... :eek:

The bikes are very close under 150 but with equal riders and everything else, the BUSA walks away from ALL at 150+. We'll see what happens when the ZX-14 comes out but it isn't looking good for the BUSA. :eek:

Maybe that will force Suzuki to get off there asses and do something with the unchanged 8-year old design. It's going to turn into another V-MAX if they don't step up. :(

Busa your right I was OVERLY tired when I posted that.

I was looking at the older busa's with slightly less hp the current one DOES have 175hp no counting the ram.

as far as the R1 i ment the 2006 with 183hp (finger slipped 6 is close to 3 lol)

the Gsxr does have 176hp tho INCLUDING the ram air.

as far as the zx14 the looks are far better then the busa

Got-Busa?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The older BUSAS?

They have all been rated the same since 1999 when they were first introduced. Only minor changes have been made and they all dyno pretty much the same.

No big deal, just want everyone to be informed.

Nice kill for the VIPER!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw have a spec sheet here that says 167hp for the busa but does not say year. maybe pre 99?

Got-Busa?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw have a spec sheet here that says 167hp for the busa but does not say year. maybe pre 99?

The first year for the Hayabusa was 99' so if it is pre-99 it would be a GSXR-1100. http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-R-series/GSX1300R-Hayabusa.shtml

Maybe the numbers they quote are rear wheel but even then they are high. I have seen anywhere from 149-161rwhp for a stock Busa. It is though to tell anymore because of such different readings between dynos but most Busa's average around 155rwhp!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
these mags are friggin stupid anyway always off on specs with cars too.

I see one that says 148RWHP for a 2004 busa so the 167 CANT be RW so it was just all screwed up, it was a UK mag I believe so who knows.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.zx14ninja.com/

"200 hp @ rear wheel (estimate)"

Talked to your tech? You have a Yamaha. Is he a Yamaha tech advising you what a Kawasaki dynoes?

according to this link, this new kawi ZX-14 is gonna have 200 hp at the rear wheel :shocked:

move over suzuki there is a new sheriff in town. and just like the viper there is no replacement for displacement. :2tu:

take the governor off of this bike and i bet it will bust 200 mph bone stock :headbang:

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was looking at the older busa's with slightly less hp the current one DOES have 175hp no counting the ram.

as far as the R1 i ment the 2006 with 183hp (finger slipped 6 is close to 3 lol)

you make more exscuses than a politician. are you related to bill clinton? :smirk:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bike #'s are SOOOOO exaggerated usually...

I've had 3 busa's.. I also have a good xreind who owns a sportbike repair, speed / parts, etc shop with a Brand new dynojet, latest model, soxtware, etc...
Every busa I've owned has been in the neighborhood ox 145-153RWHP.. STOCK. BUt the torque... WOW. and.. like the viper it comes on so early down low, makes driving around the town REAL ...... neat.. ;)

G

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you make more exscuses than a politician. are you related to bill clinton? :smirk:

hes my uncle (I did not have ****** relations with that woman)