GTS or GTS ACR

trs900

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to purchase 01 - 02 have found that I can buy either a 2002 ACR or GTS same price under 6000 miles..02 ACR is at a dealer here in Fl and looks new..$54,900 cash price .. GTS sligthly higher price from VCA member.. what to do.. car will be used strictly for fun, so comfort is not a major issue.. just thinking about resale down the road..as I seem to not use my toys as often as I should..I probably will be putting a supercharger on car also...Please assume both cars are in like condition..clean car-fax, etc..
By the way this is my first post, as I have been lurking in the background for some time and my personal observation is... people on this site have some class..which can not be said of some other sites..

thanks in advance for your thoughts on this...

01bee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive them both, the ACR is tougher to use as a daily driver, as it has firmer shocks/springs/etc. I use my 2001 GTS as a daily driver and love it. What do you plan on doing with the car? If you want to race then ACR may be the way to go, but drive both, they have very different rides, also check to see if ACR has the comfort package, otherwise you get no A/C or radio.

OP
OP
T

trs900

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks 01bee..acr does have comfort package..you can not hardly give a car away down here without a/c it's just to hot..

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR for sure if ever going to track with it. I have a 99 which have the forged pistons rather than cast. I also have extra's on my car. Would not sell for less than $55,000.

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to purchase 01 - 02 have found that I can buy either a 2002 ACR or GTS same price under 6000 miles..02 ACR is at a dealer here in Fl and looks new..$54,900 cash price .. GTS sligthly higher price from VCA member.. what to do.. car will be used strictly for fun, so comfort is not a major issue.. just thinking about resale down the road..as I seem to not use my toys as often as I should..I probably will be putting a supercharger on car also...Please assume both cars are in like condition..clean car-fax, etc..
By the way this is my first post, as I have been lurking in the background for some time and my personal observation is... people on this site have some class..which can not be said of some other sites..

thanks in advance for your thoughts on this...

**** $54,900 for a 02 ACR, you better jump on that quick. What color is it???

Good Luck,
ROB :usa:

C

Cyruss304

What are all the diffenrences between an ACR and a GTS ?

wiseasp : your ACR is the most beautifull viper I never seen :p

OP
OP
T

trs900

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Color of ACR is yellow ... no stripes.. Price of Vipers here in Southern Florida seems to be a bit lower than other places.. My brother lives out in Colorado and says he cant touch the prices here in Florida on a new Ford diesel truck..

Anyway thanks for the info, I probably will take my time as I need to get ready for a trip to Bahama Islands, only 60 miles away for a small vacation..thank God for the 60 miles, as I only get 3/4 of a mile per $2.50 gallon at marina.. cruise speed 24mph.. :confused: and a 300 gallon tank wont take you very far.. and people call a Viper a gas hog. :D

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cyruss304 --

ACR stands for American Club Racing. The car has a stiffer suspension and a few other modifications to make it more suitable for racing. They came standard without a radio and air conditioning, but you could add them.

The GTS is the "standard" coupe.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go for the ACR! It was quite a bit more expensive when new, and should be worth more now. You get a lot of cool extras! The ride is not really much different.

iispms

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would say the ACR, expecially at that price!!!

Make sure it has no stories.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR came with different shock/spring package (adjustable), BBS style rims, smooth tubes and filters, ACR badging. AC and radio was an add on option (comfort package).

The difference between the two, new, was approximately $10,000.00.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery