Healight adjustment! Help

benson8708

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have adjusted the headlights on my 1995 r/t10 about 5 times. I do it in IAW the owners manual. Then I get in the car and drive and the right light is way high and the left light seems fine but after about 20 miles I put it back in the garage and look at the level on the left side and *** its way off. I have done this five times anyone else had this problem:brainless:

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you adjusting it while someone of similar weight is sitting in the car?

You may have a problem with the adjustment staying tight causing the lamp to move while driving.

:usa:

OP
OP
B

benson8708

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea I have full fuel and put my friend in the front seat while adjusting. I even ran a string level from the center of each wheel. Perfectly level. But when the bubble is level on right side it points up like 10% too high. Now I know I could just lower it until it is right but this has to be an indication of something else wrong. I am too persnikity to let this one slide.

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can't rely on the bubble levels, I tried adjusting mine using them and it was horrible. Just use them as a reference, ie, look at where they are when you start, adjust the light, look at where the bubble is now and make a note.

This site had a pretty good write up on how to adjust headlights in general. hidtech.com

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Align them like HID's. Pull straight up to a white wall in the dark and keep your car roughly 15 feet away. Look for the hot spots from your head lights on the wall then make adjustments there. You can also pull up parallel to the wall and make sure your headlights have a straight line coming out of them by looking down the wall at a 90 degree angle to the car and make adjustments that way. Not sure about it moving though.

OP
OP
B

benson8708

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What about the one that seems to move on me. I don't know how it could be slipping. I set it to zero and when I get home it is way off....???? It is not holding its adjustment. Does anyone know how to remove the front bumper so I can check all the mounts and make sure my left light assembly is mounted correctly?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on Forget about the Bubbles.

I aligned mine by pulling up 10 feet from a wall , placing 2-yardsticks against the wall standing up and....yadayada

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the one that seems to move on me.

The headlight assembly is mounted undernieth. when you hood is up, push on the front and the back like a sea-saw. if it rocks, one of your mounts might be cracked or loose.

OP
OP
B

benson8708

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The headlight assembly is mounted undernieth. when you hood is up, push on the front and the back like a sea-saw. if it rocks, one of your mounts might be cracked or loose.

Both headlight seem to see-saw about a 1/4 inch. Do I have to pull the bumper to remove light assemblies?

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The bubble adjustment is just to level the housing. The light adjustment is in the headlight module. Could be you a broken headlight mount. Call and I can help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery