HELP NO HEAT

holdontight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2001 RT/10 went out last night and no heat .The fanspeed ,Temp control,and selector knob are all working any ideas on what it might be if not another trip to the dealer
pissed.gif

racetech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen on mine...it was really easy to fix, if this is the cause of your problem...

The cable from the temp. control knob (blend door cable) had come off the heater/AC box (right side, under hood). I'm sure I knocked it off while doing some really anal-retentive cleaning. There's a small clip that's supposed to keep that cable on, but it seems to come off pretty easily. It's worth a look and a 2 second fix if it is the problem. Hope that helps!

RC

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As Lee stated...check above...hopefully, it will be simple, such as the heater control cable (that sits on top behind the fan unit under the hood) may have become disconnected...simple loop in end of cable that goes back over a small post on the valve actuator arm...just saw this on a new 2000 that a friend brought over 2 weeks ago.

Also, be SURE that ALL climate controls turned to RIGHT.

If coolant OK,and above checked, and still no heat...BE CAREFUL...and suspect thermostat.

Let us know.

OP
OP
H

holdontight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You all this is the best place for help. It was the cable at the air box, you always expect it to be more i was ready to take the dash apart and said hey let me ask my viper friends
smile.gif
smile.gif
thanks again