Here are the Viper Nationals race rules again.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the index system that Larry mentioned. It has also been mentioned by others on another site.

Lots of anxiety, anymosity(sp)and uglyness over this issue that needs to go away in order for this segment of our industry to grow.

As for the tuner thing..I don't understand that either. We enjoy racing as much as anyone, and some of us own and race our own cars, and bring trailers full of tools and support equipment to help other racers, etc.

So, when the "powers that be" can correctly and fairly decide either what mods make up the class breakdown or what times make up the index system, many of us will feel more like making the effort to attend these events.

Tom

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index

That's all I got to say about that

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rohn

You the man!!!

100% correct we need a official set of Governing Rules!

I hope your serious about coming to ohio! You are great guy to race with!

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index index

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom "The Weave" Welch ....

I agree I was stupid and ignorant, but only one time in my life that was on February 17 2002 when I sent $ 3505.00 with you on your product. I was stupid again to belive you are a man of your word. You volunteered to reimburse me $75.00 of my $ 245.00 over night billing to get your defective product repaired.... which took me 7 months for you to pay what you PROMISED.

I guess this common place for you to attack your customers regularly ....it must be the sign of genius that has a degree in marketing and public relations. But I see you make it common place to attack customers, drag racing event organizers, new members to the site and other board members. I have never attacked any other board member, and the other people I have seen you attack, are not arguing with everyone possible either.

AS far as an explanation......Stage one.....full throttle window switch...Stage two..... your little red button in you grossly over priced shifter. A 300 hp single shot of nitrous after the 330ft on a burnt clutch, you must think everyone this board is stupid and ignorant too. I also have heard from someone very close to you that told them ran two stages at V-10 Nationals.

Tom as far FEAR ......YOUR A JOKE !!!!! and I certainly have NO FEAR OF YOU.... so DON'T HUMOR YOURSELF !!!!! I do HAVE a true RESPECT for the TUNERS that run UNLIMITED. People seeing you running MOD 2 think you are a JOKE too.

The facts are you ran Unlimited and everyone out runs you .......TOM you are Tooo SLOOOOOOW. If you didn't get it...... YOU ARE TOO SLOOOOOOOOOW TO RUN UNLIMITED. You can NOT win in your correct class..... THAT IS WHY YOU WANT TO RUN MOD 2.

I wonder how many other people will be stuipid and ignorant to spend any money with you.

Your $3505.00 customer and a noncontested Mod 2 Racer,

Ward Reasoner...... Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An Index like Comp eliminator is a good option.

But it will have to happen at a future race. These rules are done!

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman,

Its quite clear that you have no knowledge of nitrous systems or any other items for that matter EVEN YOUR OWN DAMN CAR...remember when you BLEW UP your brand new motor at the track trying to be a do-it yourself tuner, then tried to blame everyone under the sun.

I wish I would have never sold you anything, and I'm so happy that someone else is catering to your Viper breakin, trailer breakin, highway littering, inconsiderate comment making assp! Ward is crying because he melted his exhaust system from an overheating engine,(HPC found that his headers exceeded 1200 degrees F) then cried about having the headers that we re-coated for him for FREE sent back to him Via Fedex so he could come to last years VOI. I asked him for a receipt for my records that he never provided so I could re-imburse him for the overnite shipping. He did not deserve any re-imbursement as he was rude to Lou Belanger and myself, and never sent me the receipt for my records. I paid him to shut him up around our local club. I also gave Ward
$ 80.00 to purchase exhaust piping that is not included in the exhaust system where the cats are typically mounted! In a nutshell, Ward got everything he paid for AND THEN SOME. Ward is living proof that the customer is NOT always right and some customers are better off going somewhere else. Thats the real story!

Good riddens.

Done with this thread am I.

Tom

P.S. When you can get that piece of ***** in the 9's you can talk about whos slow....till then its you. I will show you side by side every time I see you at the track. Your explanation of why are cars are modded different ***** and adds more consistancy to the lie that you are trapped in. You have a supercharger on top of a modified engine, I have a nitrous system on top of a modified engine. Pretty simple.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's living proof in your own words.
Tom

P.S. I have privately spoken with Pauls and promised him I would not speak down about his event on public forums and I will honor that promise. It is a shame though that the fine mopar fans attending this event will not have the opportunity to witness the true performance of a mod 2 Viper.

As I said before your not a person that stands behind your word. You're a bold face LIAR. I faxed the receipt to you three times, and you told me you weren't going to honor your word. It was only after you embarrassed yourself amongst your friends and all the people at Desoto drag strip that you finally wrote me a check for a small portion of the overnight shipping.

As far as the jet coating it should not have flaked off both 6 month old headers from a non modified car with only smooth tubes. YOUR PRODUCTS *****!!! And Nothing was FREE, LIAR! If you like I'll post a copy of Belanger's bill for $400.00 dated 9/12/02. The recoating should never had to be re-done much less a customer paying anything. Not to mention any shipping out of my pocket for your crappy product so that I could attend the VOI 7 event.

As far as your big lie about the $80.00, I faxed you a copy from Midas mufflers for $38.57 for the cat deletes that you did not put in the kit that goes with it. You did over pay me by $1.43 from what you OWED me. Not what you implied that you gave me $80.00. And I bet you'd like to shut me up now, wouldn't you Tom. Truth hurts!

BTW my car has NEVER blown up. I had Larry Macedo modified my creampuff from its old 5 lbs to its 8 lbs of boost it was on a running car.... LIAR.

You never GAVE me anything and the smartest move I ever made is to go else where to do business where my business is appreciated and I don't have problems with equipment or to put up with unappreciative, inconsiderate, self-centered rightous asp like you!

That's the REAL STORY!

In case you lost sight of the point here it is for you again.

The facts are you ran Unlimited and everyone out runs you .......TOM you are Tooo SLOOOOOOW. If you didn't get it...... YOU ARE TOO SLOOOOOOOOOW TO RUN UNLIMITED. You can NOT win in your correct class..... THAT IS WHY YOU WANT TO RUN MOD 2.

Cudaman
:usa:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have thought about the index.....I don't like it for Vipers. I ran an index for two years with the NMCA Hot Rod magazine series. The only reason I did that is the pay was real good. In the Viper for no $$$ I had rather get beat then let off the throttle. And that is what will happen....it's not sandbagging, that is the way you win on a break out index.

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently run in one of the Heads Up catagories of NMCA. There is no index there, but I previously raced Nostalgia Super Stock which is based on half second index. 10.50, 11.00 etc.
I agree with Tony that is modified ET racing. But the NHRA Comp Eliminator system establishes an index for your class. Cars in different classes are handicaped using the various class index. You can run as fast as you want with no breakout, but if you hit the index by more than .500 under, your future class index is penalized. Your index is lowered for the remainder of the event. It might be too complicated for us, but it's a system where any number of classes can compete together and it doesn't matter how many cars show up in eacb class. Check out National Dragster. They have Pro Mods (6.30) racing much slow cars. Then say you have two cars in the same class, you run heads up first one there wins, no index penalty.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drew Carry is not attending the Ohio Race? Paul promised the Stars would be out for the race. Well maybe not in those exact words but he promised something. :D

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some questions.

Does a car with a stroker automatically go into mod2? What if stroker car has a SC'er,Nitrous, or Turbo? Is it in Unlimited? Can I have a car have bored out (.40 over or more) cylinders and run in Mod1 or Mod2, assuming nothing else internal has been done (heads/Cam)? What if it has bored cylinders and nitrous, SC, or turbo's? What class will it be in?

Just curious

S

SUN RA KAT

Drew Carry is not attending the Ohio Race? Paul promised the Stars would be out for the race. Well maybe not in those exact words but he promised something. :D

Paul actually was promising that I would show up and sign autographs. I will sign my autographs "Drew Carey" if you wish.

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone up to the Mod 2 class limits can try to qualify for the shootout. A good normally aspirated car could get in the program. A good driver could qualify.

Remember we are running an all run dial in class for everyone. We will customize that to the wants of the competitors.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could it not be easier to classify by HP?

Stock 400hp to 460hp
Mod 1 461hp to 600hp
Mod 2 601hp to 750hp
Unlim 751hp to 900hp
901hp and up for show

Each class run any tire you want. We all know the driver makes a big difference. There may be some cars with more Hp running on Pilots and the lesser hp car on slicks to help even it out. We all know the one who has the total combination , best driver, most hp, best tires, etc. should Win but, he might break. Bottom line is it should be fun and thats what this CLUB should be ALL about.

P.S.
If they did it this way and someone entered the wrong class sandbagging, cheating whatever that person would know who the REAL LOSER really was.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rules need to be easy for track officials to enforce. I could see a potential problem with dyno .... was it an old one or new one, was it the dyno for that car etc.

The key is to have a set of rules that are fair to EVERYONE, and that promote the most competition as possible.

The answer might be a combination or hybrid of 2 different styles of rules. There are two major Viper events in final stages of scheduling after Viper Nationals...1 in Texas and 1 in Florida and more beyond that.

The biggest problem to date is THE RULES. We need to figure this out and get beyond it .... so we can concentrate on what we LOVE to do DRAG RACE.

Cudaman :usa:

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats why I explained in the P.S. that some people would be losers even before the race started if they cheated. Alot of people already know what kind of Hp most people have from this board. Anyway it was just a suggestion. Hell win or lose its all just for fun for me anyway.