HID

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Looking for a nice set of HID, Good deal for good quality of course, Could you tell me where you guys get yours, thanks.
I tried the search, but it did not work...

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got McCulloch's. You can find them on ebay or on many websites. A true HID kit will have ballasts. I went with 8k. Good luck.

:usa:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HID's are a Must, Like an exhaust system, its one of those things Every viper owner should have!!!
read through the threads posted by Dave and take your pick:2tu:

My advice is to not purchase the Elcheapo ebay special or the Overpriced BrandName ones. Stick with some midrange ones. Also, stick with 35watt, not 55. I think i paid around 150 for each of my sets

i personaly like 6000K headlights and 3000K Fogs. The contrast between the yellow and slightBlue has a nice functional look

I dont know how this site does it, but they sell both the DDM & ProLumen Kits for Much Much less then any other site i have found. If i were buying HID's right now, id try the ProLumens, Check em out...
HID Kits: DDM Tuning - HID Kits, HID Bulbs, DEPO Lighting, BMW and Porsche Performance Accessories

Top 5 Of The Coolest HID Kits Around

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And you can look in the illustrated upgrades for installation instructions and pics.

Ted

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My advice is to not purchase the Elcheapo ebay special or the Overpriced BrandName ones.

Top 5 Of The Coolest HID Kits Around

Interesting how they say about the McCullochs - the overpriced brand name - that they have the bulb that doesn't blind people.

I've been behind cars on the Interstate before that it took ONE MILE in front of them to get their lights out of my freaking mirror. How do the mid price units fare on that aspect?

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3B Specialties : Home

I have ordered numerous sets of HID's for many different cars from this website. Unbeatable pricing, stand by their warrant, overnight shipping. Top notch.

As far as HID bulbs that don't blind people, no such thing. The bulbs just create light. The lens is what makes the bulbs blind people. Projectors or open housed lens that don't blind people have a piece of metal in them to control the light and make it a pattern (called a cutoff). Below is a link to a good cutoff. When HID's are put in housings that they are not designed for they get a bad cutoff and the light scatters. On the Gen 2 Vipers this is not an issue because the lens already has the cutoff built into them. Gen 3 and 4 no issue, can't speak for a gen 1. Bottom photo has a bad cutoff on the left and good on the right. Big difference

[media]http://dut619.com/misc/cutoff.jpg[/media]
http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~fongv/Cars/Pics/blue 6 and probe/hid/Picture 054.jpg

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting how they say about the McCullochs - the overpriced brand name - that they have the bulb that doesn't blind people.

I've been behind cars on the Interstate before that it took ONE MILE in front of them to get their lights out of my freaking mirror. How do the mid price units fare on that aspect?

Dave, I havent had any complaints about mine. I think the blue is a bit deeper than the cheap ebay kits. Ive had mine and my buddies side by side. There is not much of a difference and without a side by side comparison, no one can tell.

Part of the problem we have with the headlights in the rear view mirror, is that our cars are so much lower. Mine slammed with eibachs and caps, it seems like even a silly ricer civic's headlights are blinding from behind. Race off leaving them in the dust usually solves that problem.

My vote is make sure you get one with a ballast. Those silly plug and play HID's... I doubt they will last. I keep waiting for my buddies to go out any day now.

:usa:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All HID's have a ballast. If they don't, they are fancy halogens and do nothing. The slim ballast HID's ballast is about the size of a credit card and makes installation inside the Vipers headlights a cinch. A little wire routing and nothing shows. Full size ballast in the Vipers headlights is probably pretty tricky.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte