Holy Zaino!!!!!!

GodShall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I purchased my zaino kit last week after reading about it on the forum. Are you shi**ing me?

this stuff is awesome!!!!

I cannot believe the results. Worth every freakin penny:)

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys on drugs? I am the most anal guy with detailing.I found nothing great about the product.Now if you told me Pinnacle Souvenar I WOULD AGREE SINCE I HAVEA BLK CAR. Zainos product was a pain in the asss to use.Z1 Z2 Z THIS!!!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys on drugs? I am the most anal guy with detailing.I found nothing great about the product.Now if you told me Pinnacle Souvenar I WOULD AGREE SINCE I HAVEA BLK CAR. Zainos product was a pain in the asss to use.Z1 Z2 Z THIS!!!
They have come A LONG WAY since you probably tried them. ZFX has replaced Z1 and with the release of Z2 Pro and Z8 it blows Pinnacle away in both looks and durability. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Pinnacle Souveran, it was the best carnuba I have ever used but IMHO the new Zaino's have blown it away in looks and last much longer.

I am in no way affiliated just offering my opinion. :2tu:

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
crap, I just ordered another Z6 2 days ago.

Actually, you could still use the Z6. From his website Zaino says the Z-6 is more of a cleaner (after you go out for a drive to get bugs and dirt off) and Z-8 is more of a final detail spray (when car is car clean).

I rarely if ever use the Z-6 though. I use these to clean my car after a drive:

You must be registered for see images

They are pre-moistened microfiber towels with wax. They do a pretty good job of getting dirt and crud off the car.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To each their own, but I noticed a huge improvement with the new Z2 Pro. And you're right, the Z8 is great.

I recently started applying Z2 with my Porter Cable 7336 and Meg's finishing pad. I first spritz the pad with some Z6. I really think it not only made the job go much faster (especially on my Excursion) but it laid down really thin coats, and finish is better. I can only assume that it has something to do with a more thorough application.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my Z8 today and applied it to my snake. It terms of the actually spray, it really isn't that much more viscous than the Z6. The results were good, but not outstanding. To be honest, I really could not tell much of a difference. Maybe a little more reflection, but not much. My car already had a fresh coat of wax on it so maybe I am expecting too much. It kind of smells like a tropical fruit air freshner, not coconuts (that's for you 2BADD4U :cool: )

Also, I ordered a bottle of Z2. The bottle now says "new" on it as well as "Pro." I just waxed my car with Z2, but the bottle does not say "new" or "Pro" on it. The bottle of wax I used was purchased only about a couple of months ago. Is there any difference? The wax looks the same and the bottles have the same directions.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy a Porter Cable 7424 polisher and apply the polish and wax of your choice if you want to see SHINE!

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino Rocks! and I have never even used the new Z-2 Pro or the new Z-8 yet! I do use the ZFX though.

Like I mentioned to TCKTPLZ.......Pinnacle Spray for Detailing IS THE BEST. Love that Coconut smell. The Pinnacle mist spray is a Carnuba based WAX...not a watered down cleaner. You get what you pay for. Try it. Do a little reading on it.

http://www.properautocare.com/pin-320.html

http://www.pinnaclewax.com/crystalmist.html

So there you have it....I use BOTH for best results...lol

Dave

1087Viper_469-med.jpg

1087Viper_520-med.jpg

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have never tried Zaino, but have friends nearby that do and have seen the results. While I am impressed with Zaino, I prefer to use a good polish applied by hand, then a couple of coats of Pinnacle Souveran, also applied and removed by hand.

I have won numerous awards at fairly large truck and/or Mopar shows including 'Best Detail' several times.

I have used Pinnacle Souveran on my vehicles for the past 10 years, and this is what a nine year old truck looks like after using Pinnacle since day one.

4780pickup-med.jpg

After I polish the vehicle, it has a nice wet look to the paint. Then after the Pinnacle is applied, it has a nice gloss and shine. For final show detailing I use Pinnacle's crystal mist detailing spray.

4780Pict0038-med.jpg

Has anyone ever tried using a Zaino polish, then topped off with a coat of Pinnacle? I would like to see those results for comparison.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used the Z8, and while I do see a slight difference in the shine...the real difference is the extra slickness that is added. The bonus of more Zaino protection is good too.

Z2 Pro is a much improved Z2. It was actually switched over to Z2 Pro, before the bottles were labelled as such. When I compare an older bottle to the "known" Z2..you can see a difference in the way it clings to the inside of the bottle.

I use Z6 after a drive to get rid of bugs and such.

As far as the Porter Cable machine is concerned. There is a difference between the 7336 and 7424. They have different counterweights. I use a 3M Hook-It pad (5' I think) with Meg's 6 or 6.5 pads. I get no vibration with this set-up. A friend of mine uses a similar system with his 7424 and gets vibration at the higher speeds.

I had never thought of applying Zaino with a machine until my Excursion came. I was so impressed with the difference that I'm going to use it from now on.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as the Porter Cable machine is concerned. There is a difference between the 7336 and 7424. They have different counterweights. I use a 3M Hook-It pad (5' I think) with Meg's 6 or 6.5 pads. I get no vibration with this set-up. A friend of mine uses a similar system with his 7424 and gets vibration at the higher speeds.

I had never thought of applying Zaino with a machine until my Excursion came. I was so impressed with the difference that I'm going to use it from now on.

You are right, thats why the link I have above is great. They throw in a Velcro pad AND the 6" counterweight for the $119.00. Can't beat it. I have used it on my GTS with some MeGuires #80 polish and it takes all the little spiderwebs and swirls out of the finish, looks like glass. Can't harm the paint or clearcoat either. You can't do that by hand.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest with you guys, I think none of you know how to detail a car.First off it is not a GOOD thing to use the orbital unless car has swirl marks.The best thing to do is try a few waxes or polishes BY HAND before you come to a conclusion.I have tried Sals stuff.It was not my cup of tea to have different stages of waxes combinations to get the show car look. I have tried everything under the sun.The best is either Mother Gold or Meguires, only opinion for black cars or the ultimate is the Pinnacle Souvennar. I found this to be the best on DARK color cars. Always use a leaf blower for water and followed by either Huge roll Cotton balls or micro towels which are great.

My steps.

1) Wash car with mild soap, strip old wax of after 4 months
2)Clay bar car in shady area.

3) Remove swirl marks if you have with 3M swirl remover

4) Polish with 3M car polish, white liquid by hand

5)Hit car after this with Pinnacle. cover car let stand 24 hours

6) Im anal so I hit it again with Pinnacle and thats it!!!

You would bug if you seen a blk car look so intense

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest with you if you want to remove swirl marks and finish impurities you will need to use a machine. Sorry, but no way are you going to remove swirl marks (except for the most minor marks) by hand, I don't care what you use. You have to have the heat and the mechanical speed advantage that a DA or rotary buffer will provide.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VJ look what I wrote before you speak.I said for swirl marks yes, not for waxing the car

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People remove swirl marks with wax fillers, i don't. i use a sponge pad with a maketa.
Max

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
General question regarding Wax vs. Polish. I've been going back and forth between Zaino, Mcquires, Griots etc. They all seem to be pretty good products, "when applied and removed properly."

I've been "waxing" cars for years, but never really used "polish". Instead I've always stuck with wax because I felt that polish would remove clear coat and/or paint and was more suited for removing scratches and swirls etc.

So, I have two probably very basic questions:

1) Does polish wear down the paint over time?

2) If you polish a car, do you still need to finish with wax to protect the finish?

It seems like polish will definitely shine the paint better than wax, but I'm afraid to damage the surface. Seems like it should be such a simple question, but the market is flooded with SO many options, I just don't know what to use.

:confused:

Thanks,

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, let me say that I have been detailing cars for over 25 years. I have built, shown and maintained national winning show cars. My reason for mentioning this is because I have experimented with just about every car care product known to man.

treed....Zaino's polish is not a "polish" per se....it's really a last step product. Zaino calls it a polish because it contains no wax. I guess the idea was to keep it less confusing. Zaino is a pure synthethic, non-abrasive, no cleaners, no silicones, "final step" that lasts longer than any other "wax" I have ever used and give a great shine. Also offers s great protection. As long as you apply Zaino in a non-abrasive manner...you will not cut your paint.

backnblack...the Porter Cable machine is very safe. It is an orbital, and while with a cutting pad in place you could remove a slight defect or two on a higher speed....at a lightly slower speed with a finishing pad you can apply waxes exceptionally well. In fact, I have found it to apply a better coat of polish than a person could by hand. I use a very soft fnnishing pad that is made of foam. This is much more gentle to your paint that even a terry or foam pad with hand application. In this manner...it cannot cut your paint. (Now a rotary..that's another story.) Again, this machine is very, very safe to use...even for a novice. I remove with a cotton towel. I also don't understand how you can speak of Zaino's combinations when you are using a swirl remover (when needed), a polish and wax. Seems like a combination to me.

The darkest color vehicle I have is a dark blue Excursion and I have always used Zaino Z2 applied with the machine and buffed with a cotton towel. There are no swirls or the like on that paint even in direct sunlight. I simply don't have the need for swirl remover. These is nothing in Z2 that would mask swirls.

Microfibre towels are still a bit chancy for me. The quality seems to vary quite a bit so I still do not use them on paint.

I recently put a CR Spotless system in use and it has made a tremendous difference. No need to dry the car any longer,and it dries spot free. This reduces any micro-marring caused by the towels and drying, which is where much of the swirls come from.

Lots of good info at autopia.org. An excellent forum for detailing.

I understand that the Zaino line can be a bit daunting to some, but it's really easy. Below are two links that show pics of my daily drivers. These vehicles have only gotten claybar and Z2. Nothing else.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37262

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55405

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt you sound like a sponser for Zaino. I have been detailing cars also, maybe a little longer then you. Hey to each his own.I just know the more friction you use the better chance you will have screwing the paint. Orbitals aren't needed for waxing.If your paint is in good condition just hit it with a clay bar and then start the process. When I first used Zainos stuff I was like wow everyone is talking about this.Must be the sht to use.Well guess what, it ***** for blk cars.

OP
OP
G

GodShall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,

Its nice to get all these reponses. I used zaino and loved it but also ordered pinnacle to use on top. Guess we'll see;)

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt you sound like a sponser for Zaino. I have been detailing cars also, maybe a little longer then you. Hey to each his own.I just know the more friction you use the better chance you will have screwing the paint. Orbitals aren't needed for waxing.If your paint is in good condition just hit it with a clay bar and then start the process. When I first used Zainos stuff I was like wow everyone is talking about this.Must be the sht to use.Well guess what, it ***** for blk cars.

These black cars look pretty slick here.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PHOTOS

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By chance what would you guy's recommend for a Blue and White GTS. From the beginning (first cleaning) to whatever needed to make the car complete. How hard is it to properly use a claybar?

I have used Meguire's NXT so far and nothing else.

Thankyou for the advice.