How is it decided on who gets the first 2003s?

RS27J9A

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter up here folks. I don't want it in November-March. I can't drive it till April with our weather.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
Jon,
Joey Kramer
Brad Whitford
Steven Tyler
Joe Perry
I think that's all of them.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not those guys, and no one named Ross R will be getting the first cars! Ross R. had some broken-key warranty issue and may be blacklisted forever.

JUST KIDDING !!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2charmed:
So Steve are you saying that those attending VOI will get their cars first? Just trying to read between the lines!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are reading between the wrong lines.
Not Happnin. It WAS part of a grand plan that died months ago, however.

But you WILL be able to drive an SRT/10 at VOI.7, unless you are a 25-27 yr old Floridian. They are being excluded for actuarial insurance / safety reasons.

JUST KIDDING

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charmed, I don't know how my post eluded to "VOI gets SRT/10"? But I can tell you that is not the case.

As for the Aerosmith deal, I was told month's ago that when Aerosmith signed on at Dodge, a section of the contract read that all 5 members of the band have first right of refusal on the first 5 of the SRT/10's. They do have to ay for them, and since bands of this stature typically get thing handed to them, there is a very likely case that only a few will actually take delivery.

To the person that seems to have a problem with this system, no one forced you to take this gift. If you don't like being treated special, get out and wait in line like the rest of the supposed 4000 orders waiting to be filled!

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what I have a problem with is VCA officers ordering multiple cars and recieving them before the rest of us!! Isnt it true that one VCA officer has 3 or 4 SRTS on order? Doesn`t he already have VIN #s assigned for MORE than one of his cars? How fair is that?

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blkasp1:
what I have a problem with is VCA officers ordering multiple cars and recieving them before the rest of us!! Isnt it true that one VCA officer has 3 or 4 SRTS on order? Doesn`t he already have VIN #s assigned for MORE than one of his cars? How fair is that?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be registered for see images

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

I was just trying to "read between the lines", per Jon B - "The
wrong lines", but it was considered by Dodge again per Jon B.

I have no problem waiting, although I would like it NOW.

Any insight into the colors for 04?

Thanks,

2Charmed

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charmed, I can tell you that the 2004 color is done with testing and is finalized. I am hoping that they reveal the color at VOI? If they do not, then you can expect to earn it by the end of Spring. Sorry, but I would get me and the VCA in a lot of trouble if I publicly stated stated anything else, hope you understand. I can tell you , IT AIN'T WHITE! (I am forever cursed)!

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve,

If it's not White and it sounds like it will be a new color for the SRT/10 - then maybe Yellow?

I have hoped for "Viper Blue" for the last several years, and I
thought the Raffle car was built for me being "Viper Blue", but
it wasn't to be and I accepted other colors.

I'm sure you will be happy with another color besides White and it will give you something to look forward to.

Regards,

2Charmed

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frank 01GTS:
If I get mine next May, I'll bet I still won't have seen one "on the road". Maybe at a Viper meeting, but not on the road.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I don't know about that Frank. There is at least one guy locally who drives his Viper a LOT and has a black SRT on order...
supergrin.gif

Chris

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already have mine and it's hidden in my garage. Opps. . .I was suppose to keep this a secret. I guess the Viper Police will be knocking on my door.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kungfool:
I just want to know whats up with some people getting MORE THAN ONE CAR???

What about the mere MEMBERS of the VCA that are waiting in line???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The certificate program was simple, a certificate for each car that a person bought new and still owned. One person in our region has a '93 RT/10 he bought new and still owns, and a '96 GTS he bought new and still owns. He got two certificates and ordered two cars (in different colors). Will he keep both? who knows. That was the program. In hind-sight, maybe Dodge should have limited the "offer" to one car per family
smile.gif
guess that one was not thought of, people make mistakes sometimes.

I can't imagine a huge number of folks have multiple Vipers they bought new and still own.... I can say I know one guy in Chicago that at one time had seven (+/- 1)

viperrwk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to add fuel to this fire, but from the 2003VGX website FAQ - http://www.2003vgx.com/faq.asp

"Question: Will my Viper be built according to the order in which my Reservation Certificate was received by Dodge?

Answer: No. Build order is dictated by production schedules and capabilities."

And then from Viper Wizard's post on 8/15 - http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum21/HTML/000639.html

"All 2003 Viper orders were sequenced by color and entered into the system in the approximate order in which the reservation certificates were returned to Viper Headquarters."

Did DC change their mind along the way? Maybe. Did they communicate the facts the way they did to potentially minimize problems? Possibly. Does it matter at the end of they day to most people ordering SRTs? Maybe by a few months, though how many people waited over a year for their first Viper, so a few months shouldn't matter.

But this apparent contradiction shouldn't have happened without some sort of explanation from DC and shows a lack of care for their flagship product and customers IMHO.

I should also add that I have no problems with this program or how it is ultimately determined who gets cars and when (I waited 13 months for my first Viper). I merely point out that DC made a tactical error in communications and it has resulted in some of the bad sentiments expressed in this and other threads.

-viperrwk

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since no one is talking officially, we can draw from inferences.

1) I ordered my cert 10 mins after they became available
2) The day my cert came in, I went to the dealership, put my money down, and watched him fax the order in, and I have a confirmation of receipt
3) I am attending VOI
4) I have no VIN

I'm silver, and assume I will be in last place. Why? I have crappy luck when it comes to randomly selecting things out of a bucket, so I'm thinking thats how they picked it (save VIPs, officers, etc etc.).

No biggie, I'll get a car, since I'm keeping it, first doesn't REALLY matter.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to a couple of the VCA officers about this, and after doing so I don't think there is anything fishy about this whole situation.

I would encourage anyone who feels there is something going on to contact the VCA guys and/or Viper HQ and ask. It may be that some folks are getting earlier cars, but it certainly isn't that all VCA officers are getting bumped in line, because I know of some that aren't - so it's not like "all the VCA guys got an 'in'".

So... does this make everyone feel better? Probably not. I hope it clears the air a bit though.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:
The more you dis - the longer you wait. I may never get mine. But that's OK. I already have a Viper.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true...

Who has been more supportive of the SRT than me?

I have a red on order (the first ones being made) and I don't have a VIN yet.

Also, having a VIN doesn't mean your car is gonna get made sooner - just that some have VINS and some don't. Maybe I will get lucky and get it early?

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:

I have a red on order....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike, you definitely have been the biggest supporter of the SRT and you've had many informative things to say,but after seeing the pics of the Black SRT that Joe Houss posted, aren't you sorry you picked red?
supergrin.gif
smile.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SRT10:
Mike, you definitely have been the biggest supporter of the SRT and you've had many informative things to say,but after seeing the pics of the Black SRT that Joe Houss posted, aren't you sorry you picked red?
supergrin.gif
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEY, just you watch it!
smile.gif

Yes, in retrospect I may have taken black. I don't know - I promised myself I would never buy another black car. On the other hand, I like silver too - but I think the SRT looks nice in red.

On the other hand, what I would REALLY like is Yellow... so hopefully they will offer yellow in 2004 and I will trade my 2003 in on a yellow 2004 I think.