How to install rear fog light ?

Michel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new owner of a 2002 GTS.
I need to install rear fog light to approve my VIPER in France and get a registration.
Someone know if it's possible and also how to add fog light in rear headlight block ?
Thank You.
Michel.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your FE !

We have the same problem in the UK, when people bring in US spec vipers.
Baz on this forum has converted quite a few i'm sure he will post soon.

(for the US guys euro spec vipers has rear foglights built in, two pulls on the headlight switch turns them on)

I beleive the on/off switch in the cockpit has be illuminated when switched on and visible, not hidden under the dash

Or you could fix one on temporary just to get you through the test
You must be registered for see images

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the bulb out of the tail light and put a single filerment bulb in its place (bulb nearest the Number plate) and ran a seperate feed via a fused switch..
There is a part No for the Euro tail light with the e mark on it...

Doing it that way there is no need to damage the car in any way apart from gutting one wire in the tail light..
Hope this helps

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Michel!

My dealer built the mandatory rear fog light into the existing lights. Used one of the rear driving bulbs. An extra switch installed in the center console.

Pry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I just bought a Viper and shipped it to Finland.
Finnish law requires vehicles to have a rear fog light, so I'm about to equip my Viper (gen 1) with one.
There already is a rear fog light switch and it has been wired. If there's anyone who knows where this wire ends, I'd appreciate any assistance you could give me.
Thanks

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave6666,
Have you checked the value of the dollar against foreign currency lately? That'll explain why so many Vipers are headed overseas!
Pavenom RT/10

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I just bought a Viper and shipped it to Finland.
Finnish law requires vehicles to have a rear fog light, so I'm about to equip my Viper (gen 1) with one.
There already is a rear fog light switch and it has been wired. If there's anyone who knows where this wire ends, I'd appreciate any assistance you could give me.
Thanks
The wire doesn't go anywhere. It ends about 5-6 inches from the switch. :dunno:

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Europeans are always a step ahead of us Americans. Who would have thunk, of putting a light on the back of the car. Now you can highbeam the bloody ******** that are BOTH in front of you and behind you.

Michel - Welcome to the club! Congrats on the Viper!!!

OP
OP
M

Michel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hello,
I finished the adaptations to put at the french standards my GTS. I took some pictures during work. I will post you all soon.
@+:2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang