How to open door with Dead key fob?

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the gen 3 and 4 there was a key (lock) under top of door,

where or how do we get a door open on the gen 5s if key fob dead?

Thanks

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Key Fob contains an emergency key, which stores in the rear of the Key Fob. Pull it out of the Fob. The emergency key allows for entry into the rear hatch. You should be able to figure it out from there.

OP
OP
X

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks,

I should have mentioned that I've already got that, But there has to be another way besides crawling thru the rear hatch, and trying to squeeze thru the very small and narrow area between the seats and roof.

There has got to be a way to open a door?

DingDong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^agreed. There has to be a better way? At least on the C6's you could pull a lever in the trunk that would pop the driver's door open... I'm sure the Gen V has something comparable - we just have to find it!

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GEN2 GTS's and RT/10's have a lever you pull on the B piller to pop the door open once the hatch or rear glass is opened. It may be that SRT expects you to simply change or jumper the battery to get it open at this point. I don't know what they plan on doing when the vert comes out, so they will eventually have to tackle this issue on future models. Give a small kid in your neighborhood a free ride voucher and have him open it for you.