How to reprogram remote?

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a viper remote, looks exactly like the one I have now, off ebay. How do I get it programmed? I read some threads on here but couldn't get it.

Anybody know for sure?

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The instructions are in your owners manual... page 20 of the 2008 book... search for "programming additional transmitters"

You have to have at least one working transmitter in order to be able to do it yourself. Otherwise it's a dealer trip.

Keep in mind the new transmitter needs to be exactly the same part number or it may be a different frequency... though many dodge remotes look the same.

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does it help whenI bought my car a few months ago it didnt come with an owners manual? Anybody care to rewrite the process for me and others here?

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To Program Transmitters:
This feature allows you to program transmitters in case one is lost or an extra transmitter(s) is desired. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed to your vehicle. To program another transmitter follow these steps:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position and set the parking brake.
2. Using a previously programmed transmitter, press the UNLOCK button for 5 to 10 seconds. While the UNLOCK button is being pressed (after 5 seconds), press the PANIC button and release both buttons simultaneously. You will hear a chime sound to signal you that programming on the transmitter(s) may occur.
3. You may program up to 4 transmitters for your vehicle within a 30 second time limit. Press and release both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons of a new transmitter at the same time; then press and release any of the buttons once, you will hear a chime when the transmitter has been successfully programmed. A chime will sound when the 30 seconds is over, or if you turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. You must repeat step 3 for all new transmitters that will be used with this vehicle (up to 4 total). If you do not have a programmed transmitter, contact your dealer for details.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can also CHANGE some of the options..........(which aren't in the service manual)

Horn Chirp Disable:
1. Press LOCK button 4 seconds.
2. Within 6 seconds with the LOCK button still depressed, depress UNLUCK button.
3. Repeat to enable.

Optical Flash Disable:
1. Press LOCK botton for 4 seconds.
2. Within 10 seconds with LOCK button still depressed press TRUNK button.
3. Repeat to enable.

Door Unlock Sequence (unlock all doors at once):
1. Press and hold the UNLOCK button for 4 seconds.
2. Within 10 seconds with the UNLOCK button still depressed, depress the LOCK button.
3. Repeat to return to driver door first.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960