I don't drive my GTS anymore..

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don\'t drive my GTS anymore..

Any of you multiple viper owners experience this? I do NOT drive my GTS anymore. I can't beleive it........ The drive, feel, top down-ness (is there such a word?) of the SRT is simply so superior makes me never want to jump in my GTS. The only reason I'll jump in my GTS is for the near 1,000 HP rush I get.. :( :(

Gerald

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I don\'t drive my GTS anymore..

I know exactly what you're saying: I wasn't in position financially to keep my GTS when I bought my SRT-10, so I sold it. But there have been quite a few times when I've thought "You know, if I'd kept the GTS, I wouldn't ever want to drive it." The SRT-10 is just a better car.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I kept my ACR for a while after I bought the SRT, but it sat and sat and sat, so I decided to sell it.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The overall greatness of the SRT-10 is one of the best-kept secrets in the Viper world. Inevitably a Gen I or II owner will spend a little time in a friend's SRT-10, and the next thing he knows, he's switching to an SRT-10. Of course, he doesn't go on the Gen 1-II Forum and declare his intentions and get incinerated; instead, he just quietly makes the switch and starts hanging out on this forum.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly. I had the RT/10 and SRT side by side for 2 years and the RT/10 only accounted for 500 miles (out of about 10,000 for the SRT). But in my case the hp differential is strongly in favor of the SRT.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've been thinking about switching to an SRT more and more lately. How does the quality/reliability compare from the Gen III to Gen II cars?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Me neither, since i bought a Ford.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know I know Gerald the attention gets old in the GTS. All those camera phones snapping pictures of your GTS,chicks showing there ta-ta's,all those guys wanting to be your best friend. You must like to drive a car that let's you fly under the radar. The question is why though? Are you putting on a little extra weight and don't like to be noticed as much these days??? If so back to gym Bro.

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know I know Gerald the attention gets old in the GTS. All those camera phones snapping pictures of your GTS,chicks showing there ta-ta's,all those guys wanting to be your best friend. You must like to drive a car that let's you fly under the radar. The question is why though? Are you putting on a little extra weight and don't like to be noticed as much these days??? If so back to gym Bro.
hahahahahhahahah, You Wish..

hahahahah Thanks for the laugh. Sustanon gone to yer head ? LOL!!

G

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nope Gerald Sust is for girly men Decca/Anadrol is a great stack then shred down with Winstrol. Gerald I would love to drive your 1000hp GTS I bet that is one bad *****!!!

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Too much bloat with that for me.. ;)

Sus / Winny bridge it with Anavar and primo and your golden my man.. ;) Lean and mean and cut to smithereens.. ;)

G

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I kept my ACR for a while after I bought the SRT, but it sat and sat and sat, so I decided to sell it.

exactly my man.. I feel sorry for it actually. I dunno man, I CANNOT SEE MYSELf selling it.. **THE MADNESS**

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

or....

Fina, clen, winnie, halotestin, masteron and growth stack. Say goodby to the liver but this one will work too.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ha ha ha is this Anobolic Review.com.LOL Gerald we will have to share some notes via p.m's. My buddy just won Mr.Norway...Ken Mandall I don't know if you have heard of him. He is my hero i'm at 225 now with about 8% body fat i'm trying to get up to a solid 240 for the winter then shred down to 215 at 3-4% body fat this summer. His diet consists of just boneless/skinless chicken ******,turkey ******,tuna,water and rice cakes for dessert. Very boring but it's all in the diet...well along with premium candy.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The SRT just drives better. Period. No competition. Not in a position to have two, but when I eventually get a +Gen2 Viper, I plan on keeping my GTS as a pampered garage queen. Too great of a car and too much nostalgia to sell it... I'd rather wait a little longer to afford to have both than to have to sell my first love.

But I predict those of you that have sold your Gen1/2 will be looking to get another one somewhere down the road, when 1000hp cars are a dime a dozen, and you want to remember the good ol days... hoping your alzheimers hasn't kicked in yet. :D

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love my SRT, but I love driving my GTS just because I love the feeling of the power delivery. I guess I am just used to driving it. The GTS just feels good. I can't stand it I am going for a cruise tommorow in the GTS! :cool:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The SRT/10 and Coupe are superior Vipers no question. Being 33, I plan on buying more Vipers over the next 40 or 60 yrs if lucky. I don't ever plan on selling any because unlike women you can openly love multiple cars and get away with it.
Each Gen is unique and all were cutting edge for their day and all are faster and wilder than anything else on the road. My advice is think twice before selling any Viper because regret lasts forever.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys, we are re-creating history. Nothing wrong with owning more than one generation of an American Sports car. A bunch of guys own more than one Corvette. The only difference is we NEVER had a generation of underperformers like they did. Every one of our cars kicks asp. And yada, yada, yada about the Z. It's days are numbered.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I regretably let my mint '94 RT/10 go when I bought the SRT Coupe. It sat in the garage all year without being driven. My wife did not like riding in it because it blew her hair so we never took it on any Viper events. Yes it was a bit crude compared to later Vipers but it was a classic. I was starting to get some **** about having 4 Vipers so it is gone. Now it sits in the dealer's show room with a price tag of $49,950. I should have sold her Z06 instead because she never drives it either. My 2 GTS's are staying put. I have only 240 miles on the SRT Coupe so I don't have a good feel for it yet. Once it is broken in I can push it a bit to see how it compares to the GTS. So far I like it a lot and doubt that I will be disappointed. I have always been and always will be a Viper fan no matter what generation.

Bob K

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald, I feel the same way in my RT/10.

"*******" is a very different feeling.

Unfortunately, I crashed my GTS only 3 weeks after I got the roadster...kismet

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I have to say, I am getting really tired of reading negative posts from Gen-2 owners. Cant the SRT guys just have a conversation without comments from the peanut gallery? Especially something like looks, which are entirely subjective.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala