I don't drive my GTS anymore..

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I don\'t drive my GTS anymore..

I have to say, I am getting really tired of reading negative posts from Gen-2 owners. Cant the SRT guys just have a conversation without comments from the peanut gallery? Especially something like looks, which are entirely subjective.
Don't worry about it, they'll be stuck in yesteryear while we'll be driving our cars around. I really, I mean, REALLY don't understand the animosity that the GenI/II'ers have against the SRT's. GenI / GenII/ GenIII.. They are all vipers.. and they ALL rule.. ;)

G

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

I have to say, I am getting really tired of reading negative posts from Gen-2 owners. Cant the SRT guys just have a conversation without comments from the peanut gallery? Especially something like looks, which are entirely subjective.
Don't worry about it, they'll be stuck in yesteryear while we'll be driving our cars around. I really, I mean, REALLY don't understand the animosity that the GenI/II'ers have against the SRT's. GenI / GenII/ GenIII.. They are all vipers.. and they ALL rule.. ;)

G

If you don't want to get $hit from GTS guys then don't start a thread titled I don't drive my GTS anymore....because my srt is so great...DUMBA$$!!! Why don't you sell your GTS then instead of taking up garage space and paying insurance...that's even being more of a DUMBA$$ since you don't drive it anymore and the srt is so great. Sell your GTS and use the money for 1000 HP plus in your SRT since you think it is so great. Me...I'm keeping the GTS and I'm not buying an SRT or an SRTC. I like my GTS so much I don't even want to drive an SRT...gee that should not cause any issues with the SRT guys....DUMBA$$!!! :p

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

WHINE....WHINE....WHINE!!! Change your avatar!!!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

G

If you don't want to get $hit from GTS guys then don't start a thread titled I don't drive my GTS anymore....because my srt is so great...DUMBA$$!!! Why don't you sell your GTS then instead of taking up garage space and paying insurance...that's even being more of a DUMBA$$ since you don't drive it anymore and the srt is so great. Sell your GTS and use the money for 1000 HP plus in your SRT since you think it is so great. Me...I'm keeping the GTS and I'm not buying an SRT or an SRTC. I like my GTS so much I don't even want to drive an SRT...gee that should not cause any issues with the SRT guys....DUMBA$$!!! :p

Wow... one extreme to the other. What's wrong with you guys? Nothing wrong wth voicing your opinions and teasing your fellow Viper brothers, but let's keep it civil. I realize the difference between the G1-2 and G3 folks are. G1-2 ignites passion and is an emotional car while the G3 is a technically capable race car. If you love G3's you have no heart. If it's G1-2's you love, then you have no brain. Stay levelled and keep both! :D

Gerald, you make a glib remark about yesteryear and then try to play the good guy by saying all Vipers rule. I hate to tell you this, but the Viper was designed with yesteryear in mind. :rolleyes: Every car will eventually be left in yesteryear, but only a few will hold an iconic status. As great as the SRT handles, accelerates and brakes, it unfortunately will just be remembered decades from now as a great technical upgrade to the gen1/2, instead of a work of art that will be timeless.

Devildog: Dude, calm down. You don't WANT to drive an SRT? Give it a try... you'll like it. Really. :)

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Why should I? Unlike yourself, I seem to be able to appreciate both cars.

WHINE? Yeah, right. SRT guys are accused of whining when they strike BACK at the Gen 1/2 guys who started all this BS in the first place.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

WHINE? Yeah, right. SRT guys are accused of whining when they strike BACK at the Gen 1/2 guys who started all this BS in the first place.

If you really appreciated the GTS your ugly a$$ would not be standing in front of it!!! :p

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score

With that wing, you shouldn't be talking. Not to mention the svt :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

G
Gerald, you make a glib remark about yesteryear and then try to play the good guy by saying all Vipers rule.

Yeah...Gerald...Mr. Wishey Washey...go jack your own self off! :rolleyes:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Daniel I think I would limit that to the GTS sub group rather than Gen I/II. Most negativism is from that sub group. I heard enough from the same group before about the inferiority about the Gen I (windows, hp, head gaskets, etc).

Must be something about being "couped" up :) Makes them think their opinion is the only correct opinion and that there is a need to shout it out at every possible opportunity.

j/k (somewhat)

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

With that wing, you shouldn't be talking. Not to mention the svt :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

What are you bringing to the party...? :eek: Yeah...the Viper GTS-Rs that won Le Mans with that wing thought it was bad asp too! BTW, my SVT can walk a stock Viper. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :2tu:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

If you really appreciated the GTS your ugly a$$ would not be standing in front of it!!! :p

Is that the best you can come up with??? :lame:

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is your's a GTS-R, or a wanna be? And how long ago was that win? Also funny you should mention walk and svt together, as thats probably what you have to do a lot. :2tu: :2tu:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Damn....LOL

LOL, not like I care. I have come to expect no less from him over the years. He reminds me of a middle school student... Most of the time. Then he opens his mouth and its like elementary school has just let out.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Damn....LOL

LOL, not like I care. I have come to expect no less from him over the years. He reminds me of a middle school student... Most of the time. Then he opens his mouth and its like elementary school has just let out.

Grow up junior.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Is your's a GTS-R, or a wanna be? And how long ago was that win? Also funny you should mention walk and svt together, as thats probably what you have to do a lot. :2tu: :2tu:

They won more than once and how long ago is not an issue. How many races has the SRT won? My SVT has not had a single problem unlike the SRT. Still have not said what you own yet...must be a stock POS SRT! :eek:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is your's a GTS-R, or a wanna be? And how long ago was that win?

The winS were quite a while back, I must admit, and it is definately eclipsed by all the wins tha-... oh wait, SRT's don't have any wins... unless you count drifting (even then, it's a comp coupe). :p :D

That said, let's hope DC puts the new coupe back in LeMans! It's about time the SRT prove themselves as a true racecar... after the oil pan change that is (I hear DC don't reccommend the SRT on the track without the change.).

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Is your's a GTS-R, or a wanna be? And how long ago was that win?

The winS were quite a while back, I must admit, and it is definately eclipsed by all the wins tha-... oh wait, SRT's don't have any wins... unless you count drifting (even then, it's a comp coupe). :p :D

That said, let's hope DC puts the new coupe back in LeMans! It's about time the SRT prove themselves as a true racecar... after the oil pan change that is (I hear DC don't reccommend the SRT on the track without the change.).

LOL!!!

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You might want to check which forum you are on ********. You're probably waiting for the cubs to win a world series. How long ago is an issue to people living in the 21st century. And yes I own a STR, not stock, nor a POS, but I am on the correct forum. :2tu:

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

You might want to check which forum you are on ********. You're probably waiting for the cubs to win a world series. How long ago is an issue to people living in the 21st century. And yes I own a STR, not stock, nor a POS, but I am on the correct forum. :2tu:

What is an STR STUPID? :confused: Also your stupid comments about the wins being a few years back in the GTS-Rs is well....just STUPID! :p

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wasn't the GTS-R a dry sump system. Just like your Gen II I presume. The GTS-R was as close to a GTS as the C5R was to the C5 vette. Not much except the general car shape. At least the comp coupe shares the same frame (albeit with many adjustments), suspension, engine and brakes as the SRT.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Wasn't the GTS-R a dry sump system. Just like your Gen II I presume. The GTS-R was as close to a GTS as the C5R was to the C5 vette. Not much except the general car shape. At least the comp coupe shares the same frame (albeit with many adjustments), suspension, engine and brakes as the SRT.

You're wrong about the GTS-R not resembling the GTS in more than just the body. Do some reading and educate yourself before opening your stupid mouth. Also, I don't care how close the CC is to the SRT which it isn't anyway...not even in the body...as it has not won $hit unlike the GTS-R at Le Mans 24, Daytona 24, The NRing in Germany 24, FIA GTS Championship, ALMS Championship....all more than once!!! You and the SRT and CC are not even losers...you're never-rans!!! :p

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn I watched them build the thing. Seen the comp coupe as well. How about you?? So go educate yourself. Calling someone stupid when you do not know anything about them is pretty dumb. But reading your posts indicates to me that it is a disease that you must have. Must make you feel superior by degrading the property of others.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Final GTS:Man you need to hit the gym bad you must weigh what a buck/five with your clothes wet??? Just a suggestion...if your going to pose with a bad-ass Viper like the GTS you want to be in tip-top shape. DevilDog good point about Gerald stirring the *** with his stupid post. Since we are all family I look at it this way...Gen 1/2 Vipers were/are supermodels of the family then along came a red-headed child known as the SRT now we still love this "red-headed" sibbling but just a little disappointed that it has brought the family down by it's looks. Fair and true analogy.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn I watched them build the thing. Seen the comp coupe as well. How about you?? So go educate yourself. Calling someone stupid when you do not know anything about them is pretty dumb. But reading your posts indicates to me that it is a disease that you must have. Must make you feel superior by degrading the property of others.

lol - :eek: wned:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, gtsr's are dry sump and NOT identical to stock, but the plain old gts didn't have the same problem the srt does. Ask anyone here that seriously track Vipers... The stock srt's are NOT recommended for heavy track use without changing out the oil pan. I don't hate G3's for it. I blame DC.

But let's recollect kwiksilver's comment here... he stated the G2 wins as a long ago victory not worthy of mention. That's a lot of big talk considering the G3's haven't won a THING (except drifting, but who really counts that?). Again, I don't hate G3's for that... blame DC. Yes, some G2 owners are a little too smug for our own good, and some a little too vile for my tastes, but the G2 wins ARE something to be proud about. Heck, Ford hasn't won one in AGES and still harp to the days they beat Ferarri. :rolleyes:

The G2's beat out the cars OF IT's TIME... can the G3's? I think so, but DC needs to GET OFF THEIR @$$es and COMPETE... time to put up or shut up!

I want to see the new coupes get into LeMans and kick the vette's butt.

I think ALL Viper owners can rally behind that cry, right? :2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey... BOTH sides whine and pick fights. Believe me when I say that owning one gen of viper over the other does not make you more or less of an idiot. Some of us were idiots before ever stepping into a Viper. :D

To ALL Viperphiles: Quit the whining, the finger pointing and the personal attacks. This is supposed to be fun and informative. You can disagree without being disagreeable.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think Gen II's are the best looking Vipers available.......what were you saying? :D

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love the looks of the GTS, to me it represents the body style I think of in a viper

I had the pleasure of driving an '05 SRT and I have to tell you there are a lot of upgrades that are worth every penny.

Me personally? I would love to have both in my garage:)

I don't see anything wrong with some stimulating conversation about both-but no reason to start throwing out the 4 letter words.

I think we all hear are into ANY viper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21