I have That Itch Again

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok guys i have the itch again..i have headers,cats,cat back exhaust, roller rockers. what can i do next besides the SC or turbo to get some more horses??

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone else said that. where do i get heads and cam from. what are their prices. i dont see em on partsrack or roe websites.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if you ever plan on doing a S/C you should wait on the heads/cam because you have to have nigher compression for N/A and lower for S/C so you would be losing a little bit of power until you got the S/C.

So I would go with an aluminum flywheel I hear they add some bigtime pickup and maybe some 70mm TB's.

BTW S&B filters are ALOT better then K&N they gave me 7 Hp more then the K&N's.

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you say heads and cam which ones do you mean? I am about to put a set of stage 3 heads on the car, but did not plan on making a cam change. I have a 97 GTS with T&D roller rockers already installed.

Am I making a mistake not replacing the cam when I do the heads? I have been told that I should see 60 RWHP from the heads.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would only do flywheel if you needed to change the clutch anyway. I never considered it a very good upgrade (did it anyway).
Heads and cam are going to make good power.
Maybe a rear gear change - unless you're going to get an S/C or TT, then you probably want to stay w/ stock gear.
My $.02

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop messing with it and buy an additional toy.

BOOOOOOOO!!! :p It's not fun having another toy if it just sits there because you always want to drive the Viper!! :2tu:

Heffner has a heck of a heads/Cam package that's well priced!

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't bother with the heads and cam, you are only going to change the setup later when you put in a SC. Just man up and put in a SC from one of the compitent tuners!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about: Buy a new car!
look who's talking ;)

D you gotta decide how much $$$ you want to spend and base your decision on that!!! For the $$$ your best bet would be heads/cam and some 3.55s. (remember you have a cream puff so for you to make great power with the roe you will need to go into the engine) :smirk:

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the same boat. After doing the smaller less expensive mods, at some point the additional $$s to HP doesn't make sense. More and more $$ for small(er) gains. At this point the s/c actually makes the most sense. When I first bought this car, if you said I would be spending 8K on a s/c, I would have said you were nuts. Anyway, I have an appointment to drop of the Viper at Tator's this Saturday for a Roe S/C. My advice, GO FOR IT!!!

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could try lightweight underdrive pulleys. With that said you may also want to think about upgrading your radiator/cooling system.