i need an exhaust question answered......

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've read thru tons of older threads, but still have questions... Are the mufflers/resonators in the sills there for drone?
Why not just use the muffler out back with an x-pipe built in without anything in the sills?

I know a 10 will never have low rumble exhaust note like an 8, but i want the next best thing.... I had a catless B&B complete exhaust on my viper truck (loved the low rumble sound), now i want to get as close to it as i can on my GTS... suggestions?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never tried to fit an exhaust without using the sills, my sense is that there isn't room for large pipes in the tunnel.....which is why your suggestion might not be viable.

I have found that cat/muffler delete with headers (I've used Belanger and john H headers, little perceptible difference in sound at idle) will produce an almost V-8-like mean idle sound. All bets are off at WOT as the V10 will always sound like a V10 (a good thing) at WOT!

OP
OP
M

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the mufflers/resonators in the sills there for drone?
which one's the muffler, the one in the sills or the one out back?

anyone else have an opinion on this (lotsa lookers)....?:dunno:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i assume the resonators are there for drone but dont know for sure. the actual muffler is out back.

mine is bellanger, no cat, replaced resonator with a bullet muffler from roe, x pipe muffler delete. sounds as close to a v8 as you can get imo. but its never really going to sound as good as a v8.

best thng to do is go to a VOI or large viper meet and listen to everyones car to find what you like and copy it.

OP
OP
M

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i assume the resonators are there for drone but dont know for sure. the actual muffler is out back.

mine is bellanger, no cat, replaced resonator with a bullet muffler from roe, x pipe muffler delete. sounds as close to a v8 as you can get imo. but its never really going to sound as good as a v8.

best thng to do is go to a VOI or large viper meet and listen to everyones car to find what you like and copy it.

i would love to hear your's rev'd up, would you please camera video it?

i went on roe's website, can't find this bullet muffler you speak of, is that a brand name - bullet?

thanks for your responses so far.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure of the brand. i think it had roe stamped on it. i called and sean told me about it. ask him.

maybe this weekend i can get it out and get a clip of it at WOT for ya.