I ran into a Lamborghini Diablo VT

OP
OP
V

VipeRauf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's the windshield print say? He's probably with Pharrell as a rapper/producer, he's based out of VA and he's seen rollin around in his black Enzo all the time.

Doe Boy Records

Here are some more pics:
You must be registered for see images attach

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep. Nothing like parking beside a Diablo to make the Viper invisible...lol.. I have 3 friends with Diablo's and 1 with a Countach and I just accept the fact that my Viper will never get attn like the Lambo's.. .. The nice thing is that my Viper runs month after month and year after year with barely a hiccup. The Lambo's........ Holy crap. They need a full time mechanic just to keep them on the road and the repair bills are out of this world.. Ouch !!!

holy crap that many nice cars in Saskatchewan !!!!!!!!!!!
when I lived there a nice car was a Gremlin :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Stew

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a documentary one time with Mario Andretti test driving a Diablo. It was pretty interesting (whether you like Mario or not) in how he compared the mannerisms of the Diablo vs. the Countach. At that time, he was very impressed with the drivability of the Diablo. I think they are all cool...

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I really don't like the look of the Lambo's . I know a lot of people's mouth drop when they see one . But I really can't stand the front end on them . Am I the only person that thinks the front end looks too box shaped . No contour at all on the front end. I see more ferrari's and Lambo's near where I live then I rarely ever see Vipers .

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...what, no pictures of the female passenger?

Do you get to speak with the guy? How old did he look?

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the looks of the Diablo better then the Murcielago. The Murcielago seems huge after driving my Gallardo but has less interior room. I'm 6' tall and with the seat all the way back in the Murcielago I could use a little more leg room. I can't come close to putting the seat all the way back in my Gallardo. The Gallardo's not as fast as the Murcie but I think it handles better. I have never had a chance to drive a Diablo but I have driven a Countach whick leaves a lot to be desired. I really like the interior on the 2001 Diablo.

OP
OP
V

VipeRauf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...what, no pictures of the female passenger?

Do you get to speak with the guy? How old did he look?

Oh yeah of course, I mean we chatted for a bit while in traffic, we cruised/ran a few times on the freeway, then his wife asked if I wanted to follow 'em to a meet, and so I obliged.

So after the big fog of human beings cleared away, I went & met the guy, really cool, laid-back, humble guy, late 40s, early 50s.

His wife was young though, I asked her "So has your dad ever let you take out the Diablo by yourself?" she replied "Umm, That's my husband"

But sorry, no pics of the wife lol

ChrisGNJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably a rapper or producer... Doe Boy does a lot of stuff with rappers from Atlanta and all that jazz. That's probably the way he can afford that car.

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BK meet in Manassas? When? Which BK?

There's a cruise-in every Friday evening at a Chik Fil A in Ashburn but didn't know about Manassas.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Diablos are sweet, but Merci's have such a huge presence.

While I was in San Diego, I drove my mom's 1960 Corvette vs. a rental. At Fashion Valley I valet parked the vette. A yellow Gallardo spyder pulled up, driver wearing all lambo gear. Valet kept the vette out front and took the lambo to the parking garage. The owner was pissed. :rolaugh:

Gallardo would be the best year round sports car though.

Nick

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BK meet in Manassas? When? Which BK?

There's a cruise-in every Friday evening at a Chik Fil A in Ashburn but didn't know about Manassas.

Burger King on 28 has an informal gathering much like the Chik Fil A one every Saturday. Usually there's four to five Vipers that show up every week.

Peak time is about 5:00 - 7:00pm

I've seen the VT there a few times. As VipeRauf said, the owner is really cool.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's amazing a guy that young can afford a car like that. he must be a phamacist.

Here we go with the bull****. He must be a "pharmacist" or a rapper or involved in rap music, sports, or entertainment in some way. First of all, a used Diablo can be bought for under a 100k. A new S series Benz cost more than that and they are all over the place.

What if his father is Franklin Raines of Fannie Mae and worth tens of millions of dollars? What if he has started an internet site like the founder of Facebook did? He just may be a really smart businessman like many young black men that some of you guys seem to be oblivious to?

Most young black men in Ferraris or Lamborghini's or even Bugattis are NOT criminals (or pharmacists as you so "politely" put it) entertainers, or athletes.

Most of us are just smart businessmen or just hard workers. Just like most Viper owners. In this case this kid was in entertainment. But I live in Charlotte, NC where there are many Bentley and Lambo and Ferrari drivers that are black that own restaurants, IT companies, or are doctors, etc. I am just amazed how narrow-minded so many citizens of this great nation continue to be.

Welcome to 2009, where the GOP has been reduced to a club...not a viable party. And that is b/c this kind of narrow-minded thinking is, well....simply not a reflection of reality.

You know what? I just had a thought...we in VCA run across Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, etc...all the time. I am going to do a search to see how many of these exotic car owners who were white were also suspected to be "pharmacists" in our VCA posts...

I will post my results as soon as I complete my analysis.

No wonder we have a super-majority in the Senate, so many people in this country are just FLAT.....OUT.....DUMB.

Last edited:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go with the bull****. He must be a "pharmacist" or a rapper or involved in rap music, sports, or entertainment in some way. First of all, a used Diablo can be bought for under a 100k. A new S series Benz cost more than that and they are all over the place.

What if his father is Franklin Raines of Fannie Mae and worth tens of millions of dollars? What if he has started an internet site like the founder of Facebook did? He just may be a really smart businessman like many young black men that some of you guys seem to be oblivious to?

Most young black men in Ferraris or Lamborghini's or even Bugattis are NOT criminals (or pharmacists as you so "politely" put it) entertainers, or athletes.

Most of us are just smart businessmen or just hard workers. Just like most Viper owners. In this case this kid was in entertainment. But I live in Charlotte, NC where there are many Bentley and Lambo and Ferrari drivers that are black that own restaurants, IT companies, or are doctors, etc. I am just amazed how narrow-minded so many citizens of this great nation continue to be.

Welcome to 2009, where the GOP has been reduced to a club...not a viable party. And that is b/c this kind of narrow-minded thinking is, well....simply not a reflection of reality.

You know what? I just had a thought...we in VCA run across Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, etc...all the time. I am going to do a search to see how many of these exotic car owners who were white were also suspected to be "pharmacists" in our VCA posts...

No wonder we have a super-majority in the Senate, so many people in this country are just FLAT.....OUT.....DUMB.

If you wanna change people's perceptions then start from within. Tell Jesse and Al and BET and the rest (including our President and bleeding heart whites) to quit painting blacks as victims and referring to their life in America as "the struggle". Just last week Obama made the race-baited statement that the increase in unemployment affects blacks and hispanics more than whites.

It isn't whites with the biggest hammer behind the race relations wedge.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you wanna change people's perceptions then start from within. Tell Jesse and Al and BET and the rest (including our President and bleeding heart whites) to quit painting blacks as victims and referring to their life in America as "the struggle". Just last week Obama made the race-baited statement that the increase in unemployment affects blacks and hispanics more than whites.

It isn't whites with the biggest hammer behind the race relations wedge.

Its not up to me to change anyones perception, quite honestly, I dont care what stupid people think. They are irrelevant. Stupid people should be worried about their own situation in life...in case you have not noticed, they are being left behind. Its up to them to educate themselves, not up to educated people to bring them along.

And dont try to blame racism on Obama or Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton. Racism is to be blamed on the racist, no one else. It is really comical to blame those who work to achieve racial parity in this nation for racism, it must really hurt to have ones head buried so far in the sand, or up their own ****.

Last edited:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see someone besides me trashing a thread.

:D
Hey...gotta keep the blood flowing! And since there are so many who still have ignorant mindsets from the Fred Flintstone era....seems as if my job as the trashman is very secure. :D

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm driving down the freeway yesterday around 6:30 pm, I look in my left mirror only to notice this orange car in the distance. As the car got closer, so did its body lines. It's a 2001 Orange Lamborghini Diablo, the car looked MESMERIZING. It's one of those cars that you've just gotta see in person to truly appreciate. So the guy pulls up next me, and surprisingly, he was mad cool. We chatted for a bit, then continued to cruise neck to neck for a good hour on 66.
After a bit, we raced a few times, he had me twice, and I got him twice. This was the first time I've ever raced my Viper, EVER. The only car I've found worth racing anyway. So after about 4 runs, we cruised down to the bk meet in manassas.

Before we even entered the parking lot, people just RAN and surrounded his car, snapping pics, yelling things, it was just unbelievable, the car just has SO much presence.

Here're some pics I snappped between my drooling sessions haha:

That car is **** and totally awesome. Gets all the attention too and if your r/t 10 kept up with him even the slightest, your not running stock. Maybe a nice gesture on his part. Great pix.

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand the point blackmamba1 is making.

Here's a guy with a degree in Mechanical Engineering whose own NEIGHBOR wonders what he's doing for a living to afford a Viper??? It must be incredibly frustrating to work as hard as he had to inorder to get a degree like that and have some ***** question what you've EARNED through that hard work!

I went to college for Civil Engineering. That was hard enough, and in that branch everything is basically designed to NOT MOVE....The Mechnical Engineers are dealing with DYNAMICS, objects in motion. That is a VERY HARD degree to get. You don't LOAF through 4 years of Mechanical Engineering and get handed that degree. It's a ball breaker just getting through differential equations.

Some people are just morons.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand the point blackmamba1 is making.

Here's a guy with a degree in Mechanical Engineering whose own NEIGHBOR wonders what he's doing for a living to afford a Viper??? It must be incredibly frustrating to work as hard as he had to inorder to get a degree like that and have some ***** question what you've EARNED through that hard work!

I went to college for Civil Engineering. That was hard enough, and in that branch everything is basically designed to NOT MOVE....The Mechnical Engineers are dealing with DYNAMICS, objects in motion. That is a VERY HARD degree to get. You don't LOAF through 4 years of Mechanical Engineering and get handed that degree. It's a ball breaker just getting through differential equations.

Some people are just morons.
It is frustrating, especially when you have to deal with this nonsense with your own VCA brethren. It is almost as if these racist morons actually wish I was a drug dealer; that way they could still feel good about themselves. It cannot be that I/we simply work harder or are smarter than they are...we just must get ahead by lying, cheating, or breaking the law. Yes, its frustrating, but I would rather be frustrated than hold a naive and ignorant point of view of things like the guys who made the racist statement.

That belief is a pacifier for those who simply cannot feel good about their own efforts, so they must imagine other people are inferior.

In the case of this thread, the racism is blatant. But in the bigger scheme of things racism is hidden in code-speak...and often labeled other things...like "liberals"....etc.

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be easy to say "Don't let it bother you" but that's BS. It would bother ANYONE. ESPECIALLY when you broke your balls EARNING what you have.

No one ever wrote me a check for ANYTHING. I've earned everything I have. I built up a very nice Real Estate business from nothing and work as a Firefighter. I can't take my VIPER to work because the people in the City I work in would think I was SCREWING them somehow. My real estate investments purchased my Viper and a long list of Porsches and other interesting cars. There's nice days when I'd love to drive my car into work. I don't because of PERCEPTION....People who are basically LOSERS would look at that car and ASSUME they paid for it. They didn't. But I have to live with that perception.

I REALLY can understand your feelings.

OP
OP
V

VipeRauf

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Diablos for $100,000 ? Yes

2001 VTs, heck no! 200k minimum

But the owner was in his late 40s, maybe early 50s, so he definitely was not a kid : )

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other side of the fence from one Lambo and a bunch of other cars, is that I've been to Lambo events and been the only Viper.

Did people quit looking at the Lambos to check out the Viper...?

:D

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The annual Wheels Of Italy car show in Minneapolis has a decent group of Vipers show up and they always draw a lot of attention.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a Lambo fan and the Diablo 6.0 is a beautiful car. I like the color, but those wheels look ghetto. His passenger looked nice (from what I can see).;)

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1999 Lamborghini Diablo - $79,000 (obo)

Call: 860-639-3869 (Daytime) 860-639-3869 (Evening)
Print This Listing
Send to Phone
Email This Page
Save Ad | View Saved (0)

You must be registered for see images
Send Listing to Mobile Phone
Cancel
See this car on your mobile internet device. A text message with a link to this listing will be sent once you submit your phone number.
- -

Send Message

Internet service is required. Pre-paid phones are not supported. Charges may apply.

Vehicle Description

Kelley Blue Book Values

Photos

Finance & Loan Calculator

Specs & Reviews

Safety & Reliability

Seller photos — click to enlarge

Seller photos — click to enlarge

View More Photos
(12 total)

Email the Seller

BILL
860-639-3869 (Daytime) 860-639-3869 (Evening)
Enter Your Message Here
First Name:*

Last Name:*

Email:*

Phone:*
Day Evening

() -
ZIP Code: *

I am interested in saving 20% when selling my car on Cars.com.

Tip: Never send money overseas without personally inspecting the car first.
More Fraud Awareness Tips

Send Email

* Required

Cars.com Privacy Statement

About This Diablo

Mileage: 22
Body

I dont mind educating folk.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads