IF i Swapped interiors from cognac to black?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would the value of my Viper lower? I may be getting what i need to swap from my cognac to black interior so i was wondering if i should do it or not. My cognac interior is in great shape, if i did this is anyone looking for cognac interior? How much do you think i could sell the old interior for? Thanks guys

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would probably look a 100% better if you just swapped that ugly carpet with the black carpet. Best option is to get ahold of Chad at Snakehydes to get a custom interior :2tu: I love mine, [email protected] or 850-209-3133.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By swapping out the interiors, your VIN# will not match your Viper. Value of your Viper lower, don't know? My 2cents, hold on to the original parts.
If you want to sell the interior parts, example:
Left Cognac [cogyac] Door Panel #QS031UCAG MSRP $1325.00 :eek:

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your crazy the cognac interior is so much nicier, and classier. Especially on your black car is gives it a great contrast to an all black interior, DON'T DO IT. I have a Steel Grey with Cognac interior and just put down black viper floor mats, to even it out.

Plus the cognac was a option $$$$

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
incase you didnet know, the quality of leather on ur cognac is way better than our blak perferated:( ....my seats are already cracking in some spots.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with SuperSaiks. I'd stay with cognac as well. I do think your Viper would lose some value if you swapped interiors. Seems like cognac would be a more desired interior color and bring a better price if you sale. For looks and value of your car, I say stick with the cognac. But as usual, thats just my (overpriced) .02

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To each his own, I think. With as many people that say they like it, I think it looks aweful. However, I do agree that if you do swap it, keep your original pieces so you can swap back. Definately seperates the car from most other Vipers.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well there are two seats on ebay right now for $500 that haven't sold in a month. Carpets went for $120 a few years back and I've seen door panels run around $300 a peice. For less than $4000 GHBDealer here on the board will do a new conversion.

I think we discussed this last year. My offer still stands and I'll even sweeten the *** a little bit. Email me (don't PM - I'm only on about once every two weeks now.)

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another note they only made 116 black/cognac rt/10 in 1999.Its a much rarier option and connolly is a better leather as mentioned before.

But whatever you like is what matters.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm well thanks for the opinions and feedback guys. Looks like i'll stick with the cognac. So maybe i should just do the carpet? What do you guys think that will look like? Anyone have pics of cognac interior with black carpet? Or should i just do the black floor mats?

Reaction score
Make your car the way you want it, save all the parts in case you wanna put it back. My car looks NOTHING like it did in 99 when I bought it....but I can make it look that way. :) I'd post a recent pic....but the car is not in my posession right now. :)

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you plan on selling the car someday? If so, keep all of the parts and return it to stock. If you plan on keeping it, who cares about the resale value or how much it is worth. I plan on keeping mine so I did what I wanted to it, I could care less about the value of it. Do what makes you enjoy the car more.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JUCD VPR
Thanks for the past posts. They have been informative and professional. In light of the answers to this post, I must respectfully disagree with the majority here. While it is true that, in general, original cars may be worth more than non-original cars in the long term, this only applies under certain circumstances (good condition, low miles, etc.). I believe that some of the others here have not looked at your personal situation. From your tag-lines you state the following:

99 RT/10~B&B Headers, B&B Full Exhaust,No Cats, VEC 2, Smooth Tubes, S&B Filters, Vipair, Shorter shirter rod W/ First strike shift knob, NX System adj 100-300, [email protected] MPH on a small 150 shot. 435/485 Motor, 600/820 (150 shot)

In short, you are already modified your car substantially and your car is not "original". Although any car can be returned back to original, in your case, would you ever want to return it back to "original" in order to sell it? Really? Most likely not. If I were a prospective buyer of your car in the future and wanted an original car, I would give a more careful eye to the engine compartment and what has been done than the color of the interior. I am sure that you would too. Frankly, the color of the interior can be easily changed by someone with relatively little skill compared to some engine alterations which require planning. Additionally, I see above that just a single door panel for the interior (new) can be substantial dollars. While that is true (and I have no reason to doubt it), I am sure that there are many cars out there that have been pieced apart from crashes and you could get the black interior for your car for less. As far as your interior color being more rare, I would like to add that it would therefore be easier to find the black interior components that you seek due to the greater supply. I really do not see a difference in the value of your vehicle as it can be changed back. Just keep the original parts. You have already been modding your car, why stop now at an interior color choice? I say go for it.

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SuperSaiks ~
Do you happen to have any pics of the black floor mats in your car so i can see what they look like?
I have black floormats in my Cognac interior. I will try to get some pics up by the end of this week for you.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys. Its not so much the value of my car going down because i REALLY doubt i'll ever sell it, but the quality and comfort of the cognac. Everyone says the quality of the black interior isnt as good as the cognac and not as comfortable. Plus like my best friend said, the color of your interior dosent make you go faster and it already looks good now. So probably down the road i'll change it but it will end up being a custom job instead of payin 1700 bucks for used black interior.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
My offer was for the complete interior from my GTS + $500 for wear + personally deliverying and helping to remove and install. I'll be in extreme north indiana in the coming month or two - stop in and take a look - might be worth your time...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep your original interior, as it will lower the value without, and whether folks like or dislike the interior , it can not be replaced in kind, since the company who did the interior is out of business ( Connolley Leather, UK ).

And if you keep it forever, you may, one of these days want to take it back to stock.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking for a Steel Grey GTS w/Cognac interior before I bought mine. I went with black, but I always thought the cognac interior would look better with the carpet black. JMO